JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And a note to all those anti fox news folks.. so the one "conservative" outlet is singled out and is this evil machine?... whilst MSNBC, CNN..etc and most if not all of the news papers are liberal as a rainbow but you've got nothing bad to say about them due to your liberal bias.. Thats pretty darn funny.

Happy I made your day - Fox is still no better than the enquirer.

James Ruby

Links to a New Jersey University, seriously? Anything that comes from a supposed institution of higher learning is hardley fit to be used as fodder.

Links to a New Jersey University, seriously? Anything that comes from a supposed institution of higher learning is hardley fit to be used as fodder.

Can't argue the message, so attack the messenger?

I have never heard of New Jersey University - is it the same as Fairleigh Dickinson University?

Fairleigh Dickinson University seems to me to be a well respected university (largest private institution in NJ), and FDU's PublicMind seems well regarded as an independent research group.

Fairleigh Dickinson University's PublicMind is an independent research group that conducts public opinion polling and other research on politics, society, popular culture, consumer behavior and economic trends.[46] PublicMind associates undertake scientific survey research for corporations, non-profits, and government agencies as well as for the public interest.[47]

Do you have a reason (other than it's a University in NJ) to disregard the conclusions? Something that speaks to or indicates the contrary?

I have never heard of New Jersey University - is it the same as Fairleigh Dickinson University?

Fairleigh Dickinson University seems to me to be a well respected university (largest private institution in NJ), and FDU's PublicMind seems well regarded as an independent research group.

Do you have a reason (other than it's a University in NJ) to disregard the conclusions? Something that speaks to or indicates the contrary?

If you take what any supposed institute of higher learning puts out, that would explain your overall dilusional perception. They may be well regaurded but most likely by similar such institutions with the same agenda. I would believe what they have to offer if it were not coming from a federally funded/dependant institution.

If you take what any supposed institute of higher learning puts out, that would explain your overall dilusional perception. They may be well regaurded but most likely by similar such institutions with the same agenda. I would believe what they have to offer if it were not coming from a federally funded/dependant institution.

What is my "delusional perception"?

:scratch

I mean, you are the same mod that is shutting down threads because they are not 2A/firearms related, and you're going off on an unfounded tangent about a University study for no apparent reason (i.e. nothing but your opinion), and commenting on my "delusional perception"?

http://www.northwestfirearms.com/le...ave-quit-obama-endorse-romney.html#post702975

When I posted the links - I said "that may or may not be true".

And "federally funded/dependant institution"? It's a *private* university. That is, the opposite of *public*.

What is my "delusional perception"?

:scratch

I mean, you are the same mod that is shutting down threads because they are not 2A/firearms related, and you're going off on an unfounded tangent about a University study for no apparent reason (i.e. nothing but your opinion), and commenting on my "delusional perception"?

http://www.northwestfirearms.com/le...ave-quit-obama-endorse-romney.html#post702975

When I posted the links - I said "that may or may not be true".

And "federally funded/dependant institution"? It's a *private* university. That is, the opposite of *public*.

Might want to check that one out. It may not be owned by the gov. but they sure get plenty of funding. On the whole mod and 2nd bit, it was on topic until you decided to discount the news that didnt share your same beliefs,

Might want to check that one out. It may not be owned by the gov. but they sure get plenty of funding.

If you have other info, I'd like to see it.

On the whole mod and 2nd bit, it was on topic until you decided to discount the news that didnt share your same beliefs,

A biased and potentially bogus story was posted.

Banter back and forth about FOX, and that all news outlets are the same.

I post the only study that is backed by data in this thread. No personal opinions, or bias - just posted it for consideration.

You took umbrage with the source, proceeded to tell me that the New Jersey University (they're isn't one) is garbage because they get federal funding, even though they are a *private* university. And the cherry was informing me of my "delusional perception", a mild personal attack.

And your extended involvement in this derail is *my fault*?

I have asked for information to the contrary, and you have only offered your opinion. That is still what you have - no info countering the study, nothing on my delusions, and no information on the massive federal dollars that are apparently poured into a private university.

I am not interested in arguing with a mod. Your bias tells me where that will go - to a banning more than likely, and I don't want that. So you win.

In light of the fact that this thread has turned on whether or not JGRuby trusts FOX news, I find the above quote most ironic.

It would be hilarious if it weren't so sad.

The article that many blogs have posted, (and the interview on FOX) were/are from/of John Snyder, gun rights advocate.
He claims he has sources that back up his assertions, so FOX gave him air time.

So instead of attacking the true source, John Snyder, you attack FOX news.
And then slam other people for attacking your source, which attacks those that watch FOX news, and FOX news itself.

Have I got that right?

Please, make sense of it for us all. Explain why it's okay for you to attack a source, but not okay for those you disagree with, to do the same.

And then you come back with the facetious question in the quote above?

In light of the fact that this thread has turned on whether or not JGRuby trusts FOX news, I find the above quote most ironic.

It would be hilarious if it weren't so sad.

The article that many blogs have posted, (and the interview on FOX) were/are from/of John Snyder, gun rights advocate.
He claims he has sources that back up his assertions, so FOX gave him air time.

So instead of attacking the true source, John Snyder, you attack FOX news.
And then slam other people for attacking your source.
Have I got that right?

Please, make sense of it for us all. Explain why it's okay for you to attack a source, but not okay for those you disagree with to do the same.

I didn't attack a source. I tried to see if a story from FOX (known for getting things wrong) was being reported by *any other news organization*. Turns out - it isn't.

I posted a study about news outlets. Turns out the results ruffled a few feathers for the FOX faithful.

That study - as in it's contents - were disregarded as spurious for no apparent reason.

Does that help?

If you have other info, I'd like to see it.

A biased and potentially bogus story was posted.

Banter back and forth about FOX, and that all news outlets are the same.

I post the only study that is backed by data in this thread. No personal opinions, or bias - just posted it for consideration.

You took umbrage with the source, proceeded to tell me that the New Jersey University (they're isn't one) is garbage because they get federal funding, even though they are a *private* university. And the cherry was informing me of my "delusional perception", a mild personal attack.

Please reread my post (slower) it states "A" NJ univ. not "The". As to being a Mod. how does that play into my right to have an opinion same as any other member here? The fact that it differs from yours seems to be the issue you have.

Try looking into their funding/grants given by the feds. I promise if you know how to search you will find that they do in fact get federal dollars.

I didn't attack a source. I tried to see if a story from FOX (known for getting things wrong) was being reported by *any other news organization*. Turns out - it isn't.

I posted a study about news outlets. Turns out the results ruffled a few feathers for the FOX faithful.

That study - as in it's contents - were disregarded as spurious for no apparent reason.

Does that help?
No, that is not what you did.
You discredited Mr Snyder's claims because they came from an interview on FOX, much the same as JG Ruby did.
Then, in your attempts to further discredit the interview, you used a study conducted by FDU that polled people that tended to watch single news sources, was either heavily weighted in the south, or was NJ residents only, and only interviewed less than 1200 people nationally and 612 in the state of NJ. (I've met guys that only watch FOX news because the female reporters are "hot.")
And from that they extrapolated the B.S. they came up with? Puhhleeze!

Yet, that study had nothing to say about Mr Snyder did it?

I believe it was a farcical study intended to discredit FOX news and their viewers.

I don't know who those people are, but NO ONE I know watches only a single news source.
Do you?
And if you do, I suggest that you need to diversify your sources.

Please reread my post (slower) it states "A" NJ univ. not "The". As to being a Mod. how does that play into my right to have an opinion same as any other member here? The fact that it differs from yours seems to be the issue you have.

Try looking into their funding/grants given by the feds. I promise if you know how to search you will find that they do in fact get federal dollars.

If you say so.

No, that is not what you did.
You discredited Mr Snyder's claims because they came from an interview on FOX, much the same as JG Ruby did.
Then, in your attempts to further discredit the interview, you used a study conducted by FDU that polled people that only watched single news sources.
Yet, that study had nothing to say about Mr Snyder did it?

I believe it was a farcical study intended to discredit FOX news and their viewers.

I don't know who those people are, but NO ONE I know watches only a single news source.
Do you?
And if you do, I suggest that you need to diversify your sources.

I didn't say anything about Mr. Snyder.

Interesting that a google search produces no other news outlets reporting this story.

I'm shocked.

That's why I posted some links to studies.

It's not really opinion.

You must have missed the "News Outlets" part.

You linked two blogs.

That's from 2009.

If it's the same story, Fox is only 3 years behind ABC.

That wouldn't really surprise me, but I'm not sure.

5,798 new regulations in the last 90 days? Can you imagine what the total number of regulations must be? How in the world could anyone possible follow all of them?

According to the count on Regulations.gov it's up to 5820 in the last 90 days.

Back in the day, before the interwebtubes, any agency proposing a new or changed regulation was required to publish it in the Federal Register and allow for a comment period, though emergency regulations could be enacted they still required publication and comment. The Federal Register still exists and has a web site (federalregister.gov) and includes notices of public meetings and what not. No doubt, the information super-duper-highway has increased the ability of bureaucrats to promulgate regulations as well as the ability for the public to comment (you used to have to subscribe to the Federal Register to get the information in a timely manner).

Even back then, some issues of the dead-tree version got pretty thick.

elsie

I didn't say anything about Mr. Snyder.
I know.
Despite the fact that he is the one making the claim.
Not FOX.

You and JG are still taking pot-shots at FOX for something an independent gun-rights advocate said.
In multiple places, multiple times.

And here you are, discrediting FOX for something THEY DIDN'T SAY!

According to the count on Regulations.gov it's up to 5820 in the last 90 days.

Back in the day, before the interwebtubes, any agency proposing a new or changed regulation was required to publish it in the Federal Register and allow for a comment period, though emergency regulations could be enacted they still required publication and comment. The Federal Register still exists and has a web site (federalregister.gov) and includes notices of public meetings and what not. No doubt, the information super-duper-highway has increased the ability of bureaucrats to promulgate regulations as well as the ability for the public to comment (you used to have to subscribe to the Federal Register to get the information in a timely manner).

Even back then, some issues of the dead-tree version got pretty thick.

elsie

I think tomorrow I will give them a call... 1-877-378-5457 (toll free) and just ask them how many regulations there are. :D

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top