JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

"We thought initially, 'well we're going to measure our success by how many guns we can seize.' I think we quickly learned like I was saying earlier, that that's not necessarily a good benchmark, because everyone, there are so many guns out there," Ofc. Dominic Lovato said during a ride-along.

oh-really-gee.jpg

"We thought initially, 'well we're going to measure our success by how many guns we can seize.' I think we quickly learned like I was saying earlier, that that's not necessarily a good benchmark, because everyone, there are so many guns out there," Ofc. Dominic Lovato said during a ride-along.

View attachment 1300459
I think the officer was going to say "because everyone has guns" and then thought better of it.

Something is better than nothing, yet there is the Humpty Dumpty factor. Meaning, once something is broken, it's more difficult to get it back up and running again. The broken part was decreasing police presence in the first place. Which had the effect of reducing consequences for bad behavior.

A successful human society needs some level of control. You cannot rely upon the honor of a significant segment of humanity to do the right thing. Give them a chance to break a law for their own gain or convenience, and many will. We are seeing this with increased stop sign and red light running, and speeding. You reduce traffic officers, some people will take advantage. A good example was Prohibition. The well-meaning forces that got Prohibition pushed through in 1920 actually believed that once it was law, that citizens would abide by it. We know how that worked out. The need for the Internal Revenue Service is another good example.

Friedrich Engels built upon Marxism by adding the concept of the withering away of the state. Which was a condition following the dictatorship of the proletariat. A condition described as there being no further use for government, as society will have evolved into an orderly, self-governing one that has no further need of law enforcement. Most of us realize that human nature being what it is, makes this idea laughably impossible.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top