JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What irritates me most is that the judge felt it was constitutional because some people could get permission to carry a loaded gun. What about someone 18-20 years old? What about a visitor from out of state? What about visitors from another country? When you cross into our country or into our state you immediately gain the rights of free speech and so forth, but don't bring your guns to town Johnny. How is that constitutional in the eyes of any judge that is interpreting the law without applying personal bias?

When KATU ran the story they mentioned there were 14 exceptions that allowed various people to carry a loaded gun in Portland, but they failed to mention only one of the applied to the vast majority of the population, the CHL exception mandated by the ORS.

Going north to Alaska, goin' north, the rush is on!

Hopefully someone is an idiot and challenges the law by ignoring it. Once THEY go through the court system I'm pretty certain others will be less unwilling to follow the law as written.

I nominate you, yeah, you, over there. Not me. Uh uh.
Help pay for my court costs and Ill be your huckleberry.
Anyone from NWFA could be that guy.. Especially if we, the NRA & OFF chipped in.
These ordinances NEED to be struck down and for good.

They list there are 14 exemptions (exceptions to the law) & plainly state in another article that going to or from hunting or target shooting is 2 of them. Having a concealed permit is also one of the 14 exemptions, but notice they purposely didn't mention one of the 14 exemptions in that article (and its the largest used exemption in the State) - ***Fishing***. Going to or from or during fishing you can carry loaded & concealed anywhere in the State. I recommend people keep a fishing pole in their vehicle at all times & find out where all the local ponds in the State that allow you to fish year round 365 days a year. If your close enough to it, you could always of been planning to swing by there to throw a pole in. This is an affirmative defense to the ban. I'm against any law that makes it illegal for you to enjoy a right. Even Lars Larson spoke out yesterday on how they have also banned people from carrying a cooler of beer to the river if they have to cross through a park that bans possession of alcohol, even though they are on their way to the river to float it, the park is their only access to the river. Deny any law that infringes on your freedom by doing whatever you need to, to enjoy it folks.

You that have your CHL are exempt.
We that Choose to not get a CHL are just out of luck.
We non-CHL holders do at least get to open carry Our piece of metal in the shape of a handgun though. Yeppie!!!!!!!
Maybe one day you CHL holders will have your bullets regulated away from you, then you can see how we feel.
But for now your permission is good to go.

Wait! I feel your pain, but it is not the fault of CHL holders that you can't carry loaded in Portland. So, why wish bad luck on us like having our bullets regulated.

Wait! I feel your pain, but it is not the fault of CHL holders that you can't carry loaded in Portland. So, why wish bad luck on us like having our bullets regulated.

Well, for one there is the support offered by paying for and accepting illegal laws to get your illegal permit. You could stop lending validity to illegal bubblegum by supporting it.

Then there's also the fact that many CHL holder's believe that they are on the side of the police, because they jumped through their hoops(that they begrudgingly "allowed" you to jump through. Fact is, they don't want you having CHL's either.) and played their game.

They are not on your side. Why is it so hard to convince people that the ones restricting RIGHTS(not privileges), pointing guns at your wives and children and illegally searching your car, home and communications are NOT on your side?

Do you think getting the "proper" paperwork from the Nazi's helped the Jews at all? Or did it just tell them who's house to go to first?

You that have your CHL are exempt.
We that Choose to not get a CHL are just out of luck.
We non-CHL holders do at least get to open carry Our piece of metal in the shape of a handgun though. Yeppie!!!!!!!
Maybe one day you CHL holders will have your bullets regulated away from you, then you can see how we feel.
But for now your permission is good to go.

While this is truly an unfortunate decision by OSSC I fail to see how cutting off your nose to spite your face or sour grapes is an effective strategy.

Well, for one there is the support offered by paying for and accepting illegal laws to get your illegal permit. You could stop lending validity to illegal bubblegum by supporting it.

Then there's also the fact that many CHL holder's believe that they are on the side of the police, because they jumped through their hoops(that they begrudgingly "allowed" you to jump through. Fact is, they don't want you having CHL's either.) and played their game.

They are not on your side. Why is it so hard to convince people that the ones restricting RIGHTS(not privileges), pointing guns at your wives and children and illegally searching your car, home and communications are NOT on your side?

Do you think getting the "proper" paperwork from the Nazi's helped the Jews at all? Or did it just tell them who's house to go to first?

The Nazis never took the Jew's guns. Get your history straight. Hyperbole never did anyone any good.

The Nazis never took the Jew's guns. Get your history straight. Hyperbole never did anyone any good.

Are you stoned? The Nazi's lulled the Jew's into believing they were on their side and getting their "papers" in order to show they were "good Jew's".

Then they were lined up and executed.

Nazi sympathizing never did anyone any good. By not allowing them to have guns in the first place, you never need to take them away do you?

My history is straight. Stop trying to distract from the illegal police state by making up lies about Nazi's. It's disgusting and your getting in the way of American's acting freely. But, how else would you get your trolling badge from the Big O?

Are you stoned? The Nazi's lulled the Jew's into believing they were on their side and getting their "papers" in order to show they were "good Jew's".

Then they were lined up and executed.

Nazi sympathizing never did anyone any good. By not allowing them to have guns in the first place, you never need to take them away do you?

My history is straight. Stop trying to distract from the illegal police state by making up lies about Nazi's. It's disgusting and your getting in the way of American's acting freely. But, how else would you get your trolling badge from the Big O?

Not trolling or a Nazi sympathizer nor do I agree with the ruling by the court but the fact remains that the Nazis never confiscated the Jew's guns no matter how much you want it to be true.

Facts :
Over 20 years ago the regulation of CHL was put in place. Not last year so moaning about who has and has not is silly bananas now.
I think in the political ring having CHL holders is good, it like having the Sheriff on your side ( like we do here).
A CHL tells EVERYONE !!. I am a good citizen to the community I live in and a I am peaceful person. This helps prove that gun holders are not just good people. The State says they are good people. ( read what I just said ) THE STATE SAYS YOU ARE GOOD !
This in its self sends a huge message that CHL holder as said by authorities to be good people. Anyone that can not see that as a good thing is nuts. Should you have to have a CHL to conceal........ NO! But we have to use the power you have. I think non-chl holders should support their licensed breather-in, because if what you say is true they put them selves out theer where other don't or wont. You use the tools you have, you don't throw them away. If CHL is the law then use it . And if you ever bought a gun at a store, or ammo or a gun on a credit card your already a slave to the state as well. If they know what you are doing on the internet, you can be damn sure they already know who buys ammo and guns on credit cards. WHAT? You think only MS and Facebook are sell outs ? You don't think a bank doesn't allow all records of interest to be seen ?

Work together, or fight cold alone will be the end result !

Almost everything you said is true and makes sense. Still, I can't get behind the idea that the only way to fight oppressive laws are to get in line and conform. If the state says someone is a good guy, it is my responsibility to look at that person with an analytical eye. Why else would your enemies like him?

You bring up using the tools I have. I absolutely will use what is at my disposal. I also won't ask for permission to do as such. I cannot and will not support an oppressive "law" that prohibits one right that shall not be infringed upon as a born American while being told that I must allow anyone that wants to destroy my USA the right to do such because of another right that they get as soon as they enter our borders, illegally or not. I will defend the 2nd the way others defend the 1st. No matter who speaks out against me.

Start up a trend of not being able to speak out without a permit from the enemy stating you are a "good guy". I wonder how far that would go and if it wouldn't go anywhere, why would an illegal gun law?

Not trolling or a Nazi sympathizer nor do I agree with the ruling by the court but the fact remains that the Nazis never confiscated the Jew's guns no matter how much you want it to be true.

Wow. I want to be clear here. You are telling me that NO guns were taken from Jews as they were herded up and taken to be murdered? I want to know in what world you live in and get your "facts"?

And yes, stating that the Nazi's did not disarm a populace and murder them is a lie and Nazi sympathizing. I don't give two bubblegums what you want to call it.

You see, if you compare the 1938 Nazi laws to the 1928 Weimar laws, what Hitler did was relax laws from '28 restricting arms to Nazi's and Communist's and then, months after enacting the '38 Nazi laws, made it illegal for Jews to get permits allowing them to make firearms, then making it illegal for Jews to own any "dangerous" weapons, including firearms.

Well, there are the facts. I didn't even get into Poland yet. What is it you were saying, sympathizer?

And what the hell, let's go a little further.

Police permission was required to own a gun.-I wonder how many Jews qualified?
All firearms were required to be registered.
Any citizen that wanted a bolt action rifle was told they must join the military for "military arms".
The regulations concerning the Jews possession of weapons(which were not just firearms, but knives and clubs as well.) within days of the Kristallnacht("the night of broken glass"), when stormtroopers attacked synagogues and Jews across Germany.
The registration papers were used to track down Jews. That is why registration came before the ban. How else could they track down those that had them?

I am still searching for ANY evidence that the Nazi's DIDN'T disarm the Jews and yet, I STILL HAVEN'T EVEN TOUCHED ON POLAND!!!

So, what else you got, sympathizer? Just a denial? How's that working in the face of FACT?

I'm sure you haven't responded because you are busy reading the Nazi Firearm Laws of November 11th, 1938. Either that, or you realized that you aren't dealing with some kid blowing hot air. I'm still waiting for your next denial and show of sympathy for Nazi's and your beloved O.

Or, if you simply acknowledge what is right and wrong in your revisionist history, I will stop with this and welcome you to the light. I am much more interested in turning people to the truth than I am in just being correct. Like it or not, I get both with this one.

Last Edited:

I think the CHL crowd has lost sight of what the 2nd Amendment really means. Once a person gets their CHL they seem to forget about their and other peoples rights in the first place. How easily have I heard/read over and over on this very site just as Salted Weapon posted below..."Should you have to have a CHL to conceal........ NO! But..." So the people do what the know they should not. They ask for permission for something that is their right. And then I have heard/read soooo many times the utter promotion of the CHL even though they disagree with having to get it. How can we ever really get Our rights back if people fold so easily? And then ask others to fold also? What will happen when/if the government adds more rules, regulations and fees to your CHLs? Will you finally see that the CHL is unconstitutional and start to fight against its permission?

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

After you get permission from the government?
After you have purchased a CHL?
After your every 4 years renewal?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews