JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah, I saw you. Well, more power to ya. Thank goodness you saved it from the scrap yard.

Thanks. I'm still pissed that I missed that Browning Hi Power though. I still can't believe that people were turning in some decent revolvers, probably worth a couple hundred, and even a stainless synthetic stock 10/22. Don't people do research on things before they just get rid of 'em?

I told my wife that if we hear about another gun turn-in, I'm putting together some cash in hopes of saving a few guns and maybe making a little profit.

Regarding the guys making deals. Was one of them in a black jacket and blue jeans with a White Ford Explorer? If so, that was me. I picked up a sweet 1917 Colt .45 US Army revolver.

Wow, great rescue!
Did you have conversation with the mayor? If so, do you care to share any details?

Wow, great rescue!
Did you have conversation with the mayor? If so, do you care to share any details?

The mayor came up to me while I was talking to a woman with a .38. I almost bought it but saw a flat spot on the cylinder, didn't want to take the chance. He walked up so I greeted him with a "Good Morning Mayor Adams", introduced myself and shook his hand. He told me to call him Sam. The woman introduced herself and he asked what was going on. I explained that I was hoping to save a few firearms from being destroyed. He had walked up to the conversation while I was explaining to the woman that I have a CHL and that I work armed security, certified by the state. He asked if he could see the licenses and I showed him. The woman asked if that was okay and Sam said, "I don't see a problem with it." He told us to have a good day and walked back over to the line of people turning guns in.

He was very polite, and though it seemed that he wasn't too happy about what I was doing, I'm pretty sure he knew I wasn't one of the bad guys. He probably knew better than to say I shouldn't be there.

There was one PPB officer that was a complete jerk, even laughing at me when I stopped people to see what they were carrying, and if they would sell privately. Joke was on him when he found out I bought the Colt. All the other officers were nice about me being there. When I arrived and was asked if I was turning in a gun, I told the two officers that I was hoping to buy. They said it was only garbage, but people can do what they want with their stuff. Even when Oregon Ceasefire had PPB ask me to leave (they had the permit to use the lot), the officer told me that I could stand on the sidewalk and I'd be fine.

I don't live in the city proper, but he influences many things around us. Wish I could sign a recall petition. What a joke he is.
Yup just like Cali influences other states... "well it its good for Cali, than it must be good for our state also"
Even when Oregon Ceasefire had PPB ask me to leave (they had the permit to use the lot), the officer told me that I could stand on the sidewalk and I'd be fine.
It almost seems like the officer didnt want good hardware going to salvage yard either. very cool :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top