JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Next step they'll take is forbidding you from using a google or apple product(hello iphones and android phones) from accessing sites like that. If they can do the one, they can do the other.

Next step they'll take is forbidding you from using a google or apple product(hello iphones and android phones) from accessing sites like that. If they can do the one, they can do the other.
Doubt it. Im sure google and apple love watching gun owners search history and purchases and conglomerating that data with our various social media ect. A gun registration probably already exists between them and us intelligence.
They got names locations gps data search history purchase history likes and dislikes on sm. A complete personal profile from the food people eat to their favorite comedians on youtube to their latest amazon purchase for an oil trap.

By now, is anybody really surprised? These are not impartial freedom of choice loving companies. They operate as a policy somewhere slightly right of Stalin and left of Hitler.

Doubt it. Im sure google and apple love watching gun owners search history and purchases and conglomerating that data with our various social media ect. A gun registration probably already exists between them and us intelligence.
They got names locations gps data search history purchase history likes and dislikes on sm. A complete personal profile from the food people eat to their favorite comedians on youtube to their latest amazon purchase for an oil trap.

It won't protect you from the NSA, but there's no reason to use google for search when DuckDuckGo — Privacy, simplified. exists. They don't store personal info or track you. Doesn't hurt to do what you can to minimize your digital footprint.

I honestly do not know why or how Gunbroker still exists given the dishonest seller practices that they allow to exist. I have been using Gunbroker since there has been a Gunbroker and sadly its never been great. Shill bidders abound , as well as dishonest buyers. When I used to sell there I had buyers who would take the absolute maximum amount of time to pay for purchases , so much so that I quit selling on there . There is no reason to take 14 days to pay someone. My most recent experience was not a good one, there is seller on there currently who has somewhere around 40 auctions for once fired range brass starting at $40 with free shipping. Right now he has at least 10 of those auctions for 8x57 range brass, no bids whatsoever on any of them for weeks. Last week I bid on one of them with 18 hours left , within an hour of the auction I was bidding on ending , it received a bid out bidding me . All the other auctions still have no bids and all are ending at the exact same time.

I do not like their 15 minute rule or the fact that they allow shill accounts.

I wish ebay still allowed the sale of guns like they did back in the 90's

I honestly do not know why or how Gunbroker still exists given the dishonest seller practices that they allow to exist. I have been using Gunbroker since there has been a Gunbroker and sadly its never been great. Shill bidders abound , as well as dishonest buyers. When I used to sell there I had buyers who would take the absolute maximum amount of time to pay for purchases , so much so that I quit selling on there . There is no reason to take 14 days to pay someone. My most recent experience was not a good one, there is seller on there currently who has somewhere around 40 auctions for once fired range brass starting at $40 with free shipping. Right now he has at least 10 of those auctions for 8x57 range brass, no bids whatsoever on any of them for weeks. Last week I bid on one of them with 18 hours left , within an hour of the auction I was bidding on ending , it received a bid out bidding me . All the other auctions still have no bids and all are ending at the exact same time.

I do not like their 15 minute rule or the fact that they allow shill accounts.

I wish ebay still allowed the sale of guns like they did back in the 90's

To be fair regarding shill bidders and accounts, with easy access to VPN services and most people having more than one computer, it's basically impossible to eliminate. I don't know that I'd blame GB for that issue.

EDIT: well, I suppose GB could require every account to send in a picture ID, but that would kill the site as firearms buyers/sellers tend to be privacy minded, and the savvy shills will have access to other IDs of compatriots.

To be fair regarding shill bidders and accounts, with easy access to VPN services and most people having more than one computer, it's basically impossible to eliminate. I don't know that I'd blame GB for that issue.

EDIT: well, I suppose GB could require every account to send in a picture ID, but that would kill the site as firearms buyers/sellers tend to be privacy minded, and the savvy shills will have access to other IDs of compatriots.

It is relatively easy to ferret out shill bidding, data analytics can easily be used to see which sellers are pumping the bid by items that sell which are never paid for by the "bidder" which requires the seller be given a fee credit. Any seller who has too high a percentage of unpaid for items is most likely engaging in shill bidding. Don't get me wrong it happens I recently had a non paying bidder on ebay. In fact I have had 6 total in a 12 month period, but if it happens over and over that indicates something else is afoot.

Try DuckDuckgo.com. see if they can ascertain if you're online. Just purchased a firearm using that search.

You mean the GB crowd isn't also the type to use a jailbroke Android device so as to use an app without going through the official store?

I hate google... They are too damn nosey for my money... I avoid using it whenever I can.. Somebody above mentioned how much info they collect on us... Google can go screw themselves....

Sad but true. Between the tech companies and the government, people should not consider anything on the internet private. While there are a ton of thing you can do to increase privacy, relying on them to actually provide privacy is a huge mistake. The fact is we don't know what we don't know (as evidenced by Snowden). The technology is constantly improving, so even if you've adopted every privacy tool and policy ever made and never once slipped up (nearly impossible for a human), they still might be able to figure out who you are. If you want to keep something private you should keep that information and electronic devices separate.

Understand that I'm not saying it's a lost cause and that you shouldn't take steps to maintain your privacy, I'm saying actually relying on those steps and believing you're information is absolutely private is not wise.

I hate google... They are too damn nosey for my money... I avoid using it whenever I can.. Somebody above mentioned how much info they collect on us... Google can go screw themselves....

All the tech companies are terrible when it comes to privacy, but I think Google is the worst. I wouldn't use an Android phone if you paid me.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top