JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
"Get those guns, run that room, see what's in there, find out what is being hidden in your house, take it out and turn it in," City Councilmember Cindy Bass said Thursday at a news conference outside Police Headquarters.

Translation: Check on your gang-banger kid. See what he's got in his room.

interested to see how many get pulled from under mattresses and turned in...

Think most people are aware that "people turning in weapons won't be asked for ID" is not the same as "we won't cross reference the weapon with shootings, then use the video of you dropping off the weapon to later charge you with crimes"

I just have to laugh and laugh. Nervous response to keep from getting all tense, and angry, and stuff. :s0140: :s0112: :s0114: :s0011:

Don't they have our Portland Mayers ex hand puppet ''ChiefOutlaw'' there now?
They sure do. She's quoted:
"Community members who submit firearms will not be asked to produce identification," Police Commissioner Danielle M. Outlaw said. "In addition, the submission of a firearm will not trigger an investigation of the person who relinquished it."

So let's pretend that they actually are not going to investigate anything / person who turns in these guns. What a perfect way to dispose of a gun used in a crime. Turn it into the police and let them destroy it. (cue Dr. Evil laughter.)

Option #1 They are lying and really going to investigate the guns and people.
Result: Outstanding for solving crimes, horrible when the news gets out and the police will be trusted less in the community (if that is possible)
Option #2: Keep their word and destroy the guns.
Result: Face palm

It's bound to be a huge success!

turn these in at.jpg

"Community members who submit firearms will not be asked to produce identification," Police Commissioner Danielle M. Outlaw said. "In addition, the submission of a firearm will not trigger an investigation of the person who relinquished it."

Great way of disposing actual crime guns.

"Get those guns, run that room, see what's in there, find out what is being hidden in your house, take it out and turn it in," City Councilmember Cindy Bass said Thursday at a news conference outside Police Headquarters.

Translation: Check on your gang-banger kid. See what he's got in his room.
Wasn't this tried in another city about 6-9 mo ago (in New Jersey maybe? I can't remember) and they got a total of 6 guns turned in. All of which were crud as I recall.

Oh yes this will work well. :rolleyes: I'm sure crims will line up to turn in guns cuz that's what they do, turn in guns to the city, not try to break into homes and steal more guns, sell them for drugs etc.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top