JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
they should be... remember Multnomah $1500 tax few years ago... :angry: I dont see how tax payer money should fund this. But i guess tax payer also pays for the police. Howerver this should not be taxpayer money for the certs.

If there's one thing Portland knows its how to spend money on questionable projects. Buying guns from citizens isn't something the city should be funding. They need to be told to go back to their usual projects: building toilets downtown, building street car lines, revamping the Made in Oregon sign, and building bike lanes. I know I'm forgetting some.

The last buy back I remember, they were giving $50 gift certificates to Fred Meyer. I would be perfectly willing to give them 3 or 4 non functioning low end air guns that I have lying around and put the certificates toward a new firearm at the Fred's that are now starting to sell guns again.

gary

I'll bet that Fred Meyer won't let you use them for that.
I can't stand that place and will never purchase anything from them ever again.

I'll bet that Fred Meyer won't let you use them for that.
I can't stand that place and will never purchase anything from them ever again.

I guess my opinion is different from yours.

I do almost all of my shopping at Freddies, and I admire its decision to start selling guns and ammo, especially in todays political climate. The more "mainstream" that guns become, the better off we all are.

The Ceasefire Oregon Education Foundation works to reduce gun violence
by educating the public and providing opportunities to dispose of unwanted firearms.
For information about our work, please click on the links to the left.
We welcome your participation.

Our next gun turn-in will take place on
Saturday, December 18, 2010
10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Memorial Coliseum, Portland

The turn-in will take place on the north side of Memorial Coliseum, in the Benson Lot, between the streets of N. Winning Way and N. Broadway, and N. Benton and N. Larrabee. It will be staffed by Ceasefire Oregon Education Foundation volunteers and sworn officers from the Portland Police Bureau. Our event partner this year is the City of Portland

<broken link removed>

The Ceasefire Oregon Education Foundation works to reduce gun violence
by educating the public and providing opportunities to dispose of unwanted firearms.
For information about our work, please click on the links to the left.
We welcome your participation.

Our next gun turn-in will take place on
Saturday, December 18, 2010
10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Memorial Coliseum, Portland

The turn-in will take place on the north side of Memorial Coliseum, in the Benson Lot, between the streets of N. Winning Way and N. Broadway, and N. Benton and N. Larrabee. It will be staffed by Ceasefire Oregon Education Foundation volunteers and sworn officers from the Portland Police Bureau. Our event partner this year is the City of Portland

<broken link removed>

I wonder what would happen if you set up a table in the area to buy decent, working firearms at a reasonable price. Competition is good, right? You would probably need to do it as an individual to avoid the business license hassle. Though I'm sure they would hassle you anyway.

elsie

&#8226; You would rather have a gift certificate than the gun.

Only if I could buy a better gun with it...

BTW - I like how the magazine is inserted incorrectly in this cartoon. Oh well...

283015full.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
HA!
So, this is supposed to get gangsters to turn in their illigally owned super dangerous
"Fully Automatic Bolt Action Rifles, with cop killing capabilities!" GUNS, that not even a pawn shop would consider purchasing?

(Yes, the above quote has been said on one of the major news stations.)
..More or less.

Awesome, at least it's on a Saturday, I should be able to make it up there. Sit across the street and quietly wave people over that look willing to accept cash for their hardware. :)

Cant seem to find the details or "rules" for the buyback. How many can you turn in at one time for multiple gift cards? Where is the statement by the PPB that there will be no questions asked?

Dropped by the buy-back a little after 10, there was a line of about a dozen people in front of the PPD RV. Mayor Sam Adams was there, shaking hands and chatting with people.

A couple of guys were already starting to work deals with people that showed up, Adams came over and talked with them, and then left them alone, evidently he didn't have a problem with someone making private deals at the buyback, quite shocking, really.

After that initial rush, people trickled in by twos and threes, I stayed there for an hour, saw a lot of bolt-action .22s, single shot shotguns, the occasional handgun or hunting rifle. Ended up leaving, didn't get any sweet deals today.

I'm usually pretty polite in my replies to anything, especially on this forum.

But Portland Mayor? F**k that A$$ clown! I don't live in the city proper, but he influences many things around us. Wish I could sign a recall petition. What a joke he is.

Dropped by the buy-back a little after 10, there was a line of about a dozen people in front of the PPD RV. Mayor Sam Adams was there, shaking hands and chatting with people.

A couple of guys were already starting to work deals with people that showed up, Adams came over and talked with them, and then left them alone, evidently he didn't have a problem with someone making private deals at the buyback, quite shocking, really.

After that initial rush, people trickled in by twos and threes, I stayed there for an hour, saw a lot of bolt-action .22s, single shot shotguns, the occasional handgun or hunting rifle. Ended up leaving, didn't get any sweet deals today.

Regarding the guys making deals. Was one of them in a black jacket and blue jeans with a White Ford Explorer? If so, that was me. I picked up a sweet 1917 Colt .45 US Army revolver.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top