JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
06FE9DE6-675F-4C3C-BA67-0E703D1B06EA.jpeg

They sure do. She's quoted:
"Community members who submit firearms will not be asked to produce identification," Police Commissioner Danielle M. Outlaw said. "In addition, the submission of a firearm will not trigger an investigation of the person who relinquished it."
"we're the government we're here to help"

"Get those guns, run that room, see what's in there, find out what is being hidden in your house, take it out and turn it in," City Councilmember Cindy Bass said Thursday at a news conference outside Police Headquarters.

Translation: Check on your gang-banger kid. See what he's got in his room.

Truer words...

Well, except for that guy in the middle.
He's just gonna shoot a coupla blasts into the air. Creepy Joe said it was OK and a great way to scare off smarmy types, just like that guy... :D

They sure do. She's quoted:
"Community members who submit firearms will not be asked to produce identification," Police Commissioner Danielle M. Outlaw said. "In addition, the submission of a firearm will not trigger an investigation of the person who relinquished it."

I think what they failed to clarify is that they will not be investigating possession for those that solely turn the firearms in. If the firearm was used in a crime, well that's a different matter and will be investigated, starting with the surrenderee.

They did "buybacks" all the time in the PRK.
Never once heard of a prosecution. The only positive I did hear of (If true) was they ran serial numbers for stolen guns and some folks got their property returned.
Otherwise lots of people got gift cards to Target and crime continued its upward spiral.:rolleyes:

Does Outlaw stumble into these horrible situations or seek them out? She spent years in Oakland yet seemingly learned nothing.

If the city leadership and court system truly have no idea who are doing these shootings, they must be working for the same temp agency that sent the guards that watched Epstein's prison cell. It can't be a secret.

I like this part....
Separately on Thursday, U.S. Attorney William M. McSwain, the region's top federal prosecutor, took the opportunity after a sentencing hearing to urge city leaders "to speak with one voice in condemning violence" and not treat violent defendants "like they are somehow the victims in all of this."
I pulled this quote from the story too.
He GAVE them the answer! Or at least a strategy to implement and follow.

Never happen.

There is a small minority who commit violent crimes in any jurisdiction and the cops know who they are.

In that quote condemning "Violent defendants", did he mean the thugs who initiated the violence, or people who defended themselves against an attack? I'm never sure, anymore, unless I know the politics of the person, or of the place that published the story... the popular media bias tends to paint a lawful gun owner in a self defense incident as being the criminal.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top