JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Don't disagree. But that does not mean that there weren't others who did. I do not think so. During the Portland and Seattle riots when it was rumored that Antifa rioters from Spokane were on their way to CDA, many locals armed themselves and patrolled the downtown CDA area. From what I have been told, the protestors turned around and went back to Spokane when they learned what was awaiting them, i.e., they would be shot, most likely several times. Unlike the situation in Portland and Seattle, the local LEOs had an armed militia backing them up.:)
I never did see these people. My wife said she saw some in the park downtown holding signs. But she also said they stayed off the street and in the park. She had instructions to use her vehicle to get herself out of any situation where they were physically attacking the vehicle.

Maybe the reason why we never saw them acting a fool is because we didn't go through downtown during peak hooligan hours? Only reason I responded to your post is I was having a hard time imagining the antifa and blm types trying their luck across the border in Idaho when they weren't gaining much traction over here.

Don't disagree. But that does not mean that there weren't others who did.

I'm working on it my friend.

Maybe Ted should shut up and put up some of his family's Timber Money ?

Portland, you elected this impotent POS, now deal with it.
Apparently you didn't see what else was available this last mayoral election? TWO out of the 8-9 that were running are all that had a chance at winning. Our only choice were "Useless", "Dangerous", and "Crazy Dangerous" What's a person to do? Not vote? Two votes in this household went to tod whalen. The other one was a self proclaimed "antifa Mayor"! Read: "Crazy Dangerous"

Apparently you didn't see what else was available this last mayoral election? TWO out of the 8-9 that were running are all that had a chance at winning. Our only choice were "Useless", "Dangerous", and "Crazy Dangerous" What's a person to do? Not vote? Two votes in this household went to tod whalen. The other one was a self proclaimed "antifa Mayor"! Read: "Crazy Dangerous"
Oh, I know well of that witch that was running against Wheeler.
Portland had no chance of electing someone capable.

Don't forget there are voters in potland that DIDN'T vote for this. And voters in potland that DON'T deserve this. And voters that can't just get to where ever it is you are. I really hate hearing that attitude from people that aren't stuck here. The problems we have HERE could very well work their way to where ever it is you are. I'd think everyone in the state should have a stake in what happens everywhere in the state. Heck, it's bad enough we have the likes of people that live within the deteriorating city that think "It's not so bad?" And don't fight to stop the degradation of a once damn cool city. And it pisses them off when you point to them as part of the problem. :s0140:

I stand corrected. I should have said I don't feel sorry for the democrat voters. I kinda forgot Republican even lived there anymore.

I stand corrected. I should have said I don't feel sorry for the democrat voters. I kinda forgot Republican even lived there anymore.

That's why I get just a little testy at times when members are ragging that potland gets what it deserves. I understand though. I also feel I'm in a unique position to really, REALLY see the nitty-gritty filth of the situation being right here, every day!

That's why I get just a little testy at times when members are ragging that potland gets what it deserves. I understand though. I also feel I'm in a unique position to really, REALLY see the nitty-gritty filth of the situation being right here, every day!
I lived in Portland from '75 - '81
It was a nice city in those days.

I know there are still good people in Portland, but they seem to be vastly outnumbered.

I lived in Portland in the late 1960's. Those of you who think it was a great place then are dreaming. It was well on it's way to the present condition then. It was just below the surface, reflected in the mindset of much of the residents. A dead body doesn't look too bad at first, but it is still dead, and will decompose before long.

The growth of the "Public Sector", including Non-Governmental Entities (shadow government that doesn't have to play by the rules of the Constitution) in number, power, and especially wealth has accelerated the decline. Voters become more powerless by the day, since Stalin was right about the results being dependent on who counts the votes. :(

The problems we have HERE could very well work their way to where ever it is you are. I'd think everyone in the state should have a stake in what happens everywhere in the state.

My brother, I've lived in the state (primarily on the east side with side trips to S Coast and Central), since 1980. I used to enjoy trips to Potland for meetings, conventions, PDX, sushi, classes, dancing/nightclubs, strip clubs, FCC license, shopping, Sat market, hooker watching, etc. But the last two decades have really shied away from the place as crime became rampant and then AntiFA and BLM types started doing as they pleased. And Potlandia transited to Potland Weird. It is just too much for me, so I avoid it like the plague.

Can Potland problems work their way to the rest of the state? Crap, that happened when Willamette Valley voters outgrew the number of voters in the rest of the state (thanx Cali). Valley politics dominate what happens everywhere else in the state. And voters outside the Valley feel dominated by voters in the valley. We don't get what we want, same as the poor conservatives left in the Valley. It's very disheartening, but nothing I can do about it. So do I feel resentment in general towards Valley residents... YES! But thanx for the reminder that ya'll are not a monolithic bloc. I'm still gonna vent every so often and wish out loud that Westsiders would keep their crap over there!!! ;)

That said, I had a friend that left Union for a higher paying job as a crane operator in Potland many years ago. He lived in Beaverton, and I visited a few times... always wanted to see the Air Show but never got to do so. But my buddy was smart and got out of there as soon as he could. Leaving y'all behind. You've heard of "white flight" leaving blighted neighborhoods behind? Well, that has been happening in Potland too, but replace "white" with whatever else works.... Will the last "normal" person in Potland please turn out the lights and close the door when you leave so the rest of us don't have to deal with the mess???

Last Edited:
My brother, I've lived in the state (primarily on the east side with side trips to S Coast and Central), since 1980. I used to enjoy trips to Potland for meetings, conventions, PDX, sushi, classes, dancing/nightclubs, strip clubs, FCC license, shopping, Sat market, hooker watching, etc. But the last two decades have really shied away from the place as crime became rampant and then AntiFA and BLM types started doing as they pleased. And Potlandia transited to Potland Weird. It is just too much for me, so I avoid it like the plague.

Can Potland problems work their way to the rest of the state? Crap, that happened when Willamette Valley voters outgrew the number of voters in the rest of the state (thanx Cali). Valley politics dominate what happens everywhere else in the state. And voters outside the Valley feel dominated by voters in the valley. We don't get what we want, same as the poor conservatives left in the Valley. It's very disheartening, but nothing I can do about it. So do I feel resentment in general towards Valley residents... YES! But thanx for the reminder that ya'll are not a monolithic bloc. I'm still gonna vent every so often and wish out loud that Westsiders would keep their crap over there!!! ;)

That said, I had a friend that left Union for a higher paying job as a crane operator in Potland many years ago. He lived in Beaverton, and I visited a few times... always wanted to see the Air Show but never got to do so. But my buddy was smart and got out of there as soon as he could. Leaving y'all behind. You've heard of "white flight" leaving blighted neighborhoods behind? Well, that has been happening in Potland too, but replace "white" with whatever else works.... Will the last "normal" person in Potland please turn out the lights and close the door when you leave so the rest of us don't have to deal with the mess???

Hey, you came to Oregon just three years before I did. I somehow figured you as a born here gonna' die here native! This city was pretty neat for me in '83, coming from a rural area just 12 miles South of Salt Lake City. I was 27 and a party animal! Portland was great place for a semi-country boy like me. And it wasn't as hot in the summer or as cold in the winter.

Hey, you came to Oregon just three years before I did. I somehow figured you as a born here gonna' die here native! This city was pretty neat for me in '83, coming from a rural area just 12 miles South of Salt Lake City. I was 27 and a party animal! Portland was great place for a semi-country boy like me. And it wasn't as hot in the summer or as cold in the winter.

I was a S Calif boy. Raised in Pomona, a semi-ag town that became a eastern suburb of L.A... After high screwl, I moved to Huntington Beach, then my last USCG duty station was in San Diego so that my then-wife could help care for her mom that had bone cancer. Was pretty tired of all the crowding, and wanting to live a life of hunting and fishing that I'd always dreamed about in Pomona, so moved here on the Eastside. Never regretted it for a moment, even with the hot summers and cold winters.

Was never a party animal myself... way too fricken shy. Bit of a stoner, but that's mostly a solitary or close friends pursuit. And by the time I joined the Coast Guard I had an instant family after getting together with a gal that had two kids. Had one of my own that was born in North Carolina while I was stationed there. Not much party life in Union, tho my ex managed all too well to find all the party types and spent endless hours drinking at the bar, inviting single men to our home, etc. She was always a slut (but a damn fine cook), then turned into a drunk. Nope, life wasn't a party for me at all!!!

I met my current wife at a Western Swing dance class here. Newly single, I needed a way to meet chicas. We used to go dancing and had plenty of beer, but not really drinking at home. We backpacked, went fishing, camping, etc.

I was a S Calif boy. Raised in Pomona, a semi-ag town that became a eastern suburb of L.A... After high screwl, I moved to Huntington Beach, then my last USCG duty station was in San Diego so that my then-wife could help care for her mom that had bone cancer. Was pretty tired of all the crowding, and wanting to live a life of hunting and fishing that I'd always dreamed about in Pomona, so moved here on the Eastside. Never regretted it for a moment, even with the hot summers and cold winters.

Was never a party animal myself... way too fricken shy. Bit of a stoner, but that's mostly a solitary or close friends pursuit. And by the time I joined the Coast Guard I had an instant family after getting together with a gal that had two kids. Had one of my own that was born in North Carolina while I was stationed there. Not much party life in Union, tho my ex managed all too well to find all the party types and spent endless hours drinking at the bar, inviting single men to our home, etc. She was always a slut (but a damn fine cook), then turned into a drunk. Nope, life wasn't a party for me at all!!!

I met my current wife at a Western Swing dance class here. Newly single, I needed a way to meet chicas. We used to go dancing and had plenty of beer, but not really drinking at home. We backpacked, went fishing, camping, etc.

Dad lived in LA when he was a kid, so we had family in ElMonte, Temple City. Family friends in the Anaheim/Orange areas. We'd vacation at Newport beach. That was the '60s. I was last through there in '84. I seem to recall Pomona being kind of a pit? What do I know at that age, and after a hella long drive from SLC? It was a bunch of flat nothing as I recall.

Dad lived in LA when he was a kid, so we had family in ElMonte, Temple City. Family friends in the Anaheim/Orange areas. We'd vacation at Newport beach. That was the '60s. I was last through there in '84. I seem to recall Pomona being kind of a pit? What do I know at that age, and after a hella long drive from SLC? It was a bunch of flat nothing as I recall.

Queue Cheech Marin....... "I was born in a East L.A." . The family had just moved there from CT, where mom & dad both worked for AT&T. In L.A. dad worked as a TV repairman in a shop, then got on with one of the airlines as a Flight Engineer, then finally got back on with AT&T and a year after I was borned, we moved to El Monte. A year there before moving to a tract home in Pomona. By 1980 Pomona was indeed a pit. And the jewel of the area, Diamond Bar, was too. Later, both were featured regularly on "Cops".

Mmmmm, Pomona is not flat really. It was surrounded by hills and the San Gabriel mountains. Used to go for snow trips and summer hikes to Mt. Baldy, Big Bear, on the front side, and Wrightwood ski area on the backside. Not as flat as the Great Salt Lake certainly. More like on the edge of the mountains, like SLC and Provo. I wouldn't expect you to notice or remember much from such a short trip.

My daughter moved from Buena Park to Bentonville AR, where her husband has lots of family. Much better lifestyle for them, but talk about culture shock!!!

Anyway, no AntiFA or such there.

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews