JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Where are you, approximately?

I don't hardly see officers drive down our street any more. Our area isn't too bad (knocking on wood). Better than "even" I'd say, but still we had some issues with stolen cars being dumped, and some street folks/druggies making problems for local businesses. It's probably been a year or a little more that we'd see the PPD drive down our street a couple three times a week. That wifey could get PPD/EMT to the store when she called 911 for a problem customer/slip-&-fall. We seldom see police anymore. We hear the sirens of fire trucks/EMT and PPD on a regular basis in the near distance though. I literally have a profound sadness come over me when I see, read or think of our PPD officers. :( And what they have had to endure from the elected elites and communities they are there to serve.

Approximately 160 miles or so south of you right now. At least this time living in Oregon. On my second stint of residence in OR.

I wish I saw more LEOs in my neighborhood. Once in a blue moon they come wander through. Usually young kids. Younger than me young kids! The local LEOs have their hands full with the homeless coming south and the druggies. I know the county medical examiner. Poor guy is always busy. Good guy, don't know how he does the job. I think they are so busy with the forementioned crap that I never even see them pull someone over. I've seen hit and runs, road rage, all manners of traffic violations but never anything done about it. People now regularly run red lights in town, every morning on the way to work people are doing 50-60MPH through town in the 30 zone dodging between cars, trucks and log trucks. I've seen them almost hit people crossing the road too. Either nobody cares or they are too busy elsewhere. Our city police chief is a POS that actively holds grudges and uses his position to take them out on businesses.

Portland supporters of the Mayor and the city council are very smart. They know well what they are doing by defunding the police and now looking to refund. Smart cookies!
It all makes sense now doesn't it? I remember thinking "They can't really be that stupid can they?" and you've answered that question: Not all of them.

A lot of the people who left are the ones we needed most. None of them are coming back. I'm not saying the new recruits will be all bad, but there's a lot of other stuff I'm not going to say either.

Approximately 160 miles or so south of you right now. At least this time living in Oregon. On my second stint of residence in OR.

I wish I saw more LEOs in my neighborhood. Once in a blue moon they come wander through. Usually young kids. Younger than me young kids! The local LEOs have their hands full with the homeless coming south and the druggies. I know the county medical examiner. Poor guy is always busy. Good guy, don't know how he does the job. I think they are so busy with the forementioned crap that I never even see them pull someone over. I've seen hit and runs, road rage, all manners of traffic violations but never anything done about it. People now regularly run red lights in town, every morning on the way to work people are doing 50-60MPH through town in the 30 zone dodging between cars, trucks and log trucks. I've seen them almost hit people crossing the road too. Either nobody cares or they are too busy elsewhere. Our city police chief is a POS that actively holds grudges and uses his position to take them out on businesses.

I was only asking your location to get an idea if you're dealing with what we in potland are dealing with. Sheesh, I should think your area wouldn't have sunk as bad as you're describing. I didn't think that far south had changed that much.

I went to Fremont Jr High school and I've also lived in LaGrande

That is just too strange!! Both places!!!!!

I had a friend that lived near Fremont. In fact, when I ran away from home I hung out there overnight. Wrong side of Holt Ave. Nearer GD/Convair than us. I think an older neighborhood than ours was, which was over on the west side of town just above the RR tracks near "Elephant Hill". But that was while I still attended St. Joseph's Elementary School, before they kicked me out in the last part of 6th grade. After that, I attended Marshall Jr High and then we moved near Towne Ave and I attended Emerson Jr High there.

Ring any bells? My memory of all that has faded tremendously. I knew Fremont sounded familiar but I had to look it up. :(

I was only asking your location to get an idea if you're dealing with what we in potland are dealing with. Sheesh, I should think your area wouldn't have sunk as bad as you're describing. I didn't think that far south had changed that much.
As soon as you get out of town it's back to good ol boys and 4 wheel drives but town is getting bad. I can point out 5-6 drug houses in my neighborhood within a couple blocks of my house and I'm out of the main city in a decent neighborhood. It is good entertainment to watch the cops ruffle the druggies when they do bother to come by. The closest crack house stole my neighbor's car from is front yard and tried to hide it in their garage less than a block away. Place looks like a dump mixed with a junk yard. The ring app always shows arrests due to violence at the south end of town that I drive through every day to and from work. Lotta uploaded videos of tweakers stealing bubblegum from people's front doors. Once you get off I5 it's not too bad.

The homeless is getting crazy. We have homeless camps popping up next to the skate park and in the most popular park in town, along I5, quite a few camping by the river and almost weekly a body found in the river. 5 years ago when I moved to town I had never seen a homeless camp in the county. Now they are under just about every bridge. A buddy and I carry a gun on our chests if we cycle in town anymore.

Sorry for the long reply.

As soon as you get out of town it's back to good ol boys and 4 wheel drives but town is getting bad. I can point out 5-6 drug houses in my neighborhood within a couple blocks of my house and I'm out of the main city in a decent neighborhood. It is good entertainment to watch the cops ruffle the druggies when they do bother to come by. The closest crack house stole my neighbor's car from is front yard and tried to hide it in their garage less than a block away. Place looks like a dump mixed with a junk yard. The ring app always shows arrests due to violence at the south end of town that I drive through every day to and from work. Lotta uploaded videos of tweakers stealing bubblegum from people's front doors. Once you get off I5 it's not too bad.

The homeless is getting crazy. We have homeless camps popping up next to the skate park and in the most popular park in town, along I5, quite a few camping by the river and almost weekly a body found in the river. 5 years ago when I moved to town I had never seen a homeless camp in the county. Now they are under just about every bridge. A buddy and I carry a gun on our chests if we cycle in town anymore.

Sorry for the long reply.

Just remember that the voters in mass in Oregon supported these politicians and the policies that were administered. Those that voted for their politicians created this social condition. Some live right next door to me and are very well educated.

delusion
Just remember that the voters in mass in Oregon supported these politicians and the policies that were administered. Those that voted for their politicians created this social condition. Some live right next door to me and are very well educated.

An education does NOT make an individual intelligent. And I know many intelligent individuals that do not have higher education.

Kinda reminds me, if it hasn't been posted already,

"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

― Ernest Benn

I have to agree with above. I know a lot of highly educated morons. Lot of highly educated people that cannot think on their own. Book smarts /= street smarts.

You gotta wonder what happened with mail in ballots where the state has been going with left policies and "leaders" every since they were implemented.

The rest of us get to suffer from the mob rule.

Last Edited:
antifa runs PDX for over two years ted says nothing
antifa and blm riot loot arson murder ted says yes we need to defund the police
jo gets elected brown and ted both say we will use the NG to stop this crime and riots, they do nothing,
ted hey if we get $2 mill we can combat all this...... interesting chain of events if you ask me,
who will really get the $2 mill?

Yet another shooting death in South East Portland tonight.

Thanks Tad Whalen and the waste of space portland city council.
We don't have a crime problem huh? getting rid of the gun violence was a good idea huh?

It pains me watching these morons destroy Portland. I genuinely miss Vera Katz, I wasn't a huge fan, but she would have never let it get this bad.

Last Edited:
Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews