JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Let me get this straight... Portland gets rid of the Gun Violence Team because they have to appease the flakes.

Months go by, gun violence increases exponentially. They are in denial, nope this has nothing to do with getting rid of the gun violence team.

More time goes by and gun violence hit record highs. So yeah... the increase in gun violence is not normal. However, they are still in denial and cannot agree on the reason.

BUT! While they do not agree this has any correlation, maybe we should spend millions and bring back that team we still think doesn't make a difference.

This is going to be a bloody summer.

Last Edited:
Don't forget there are voters in potland that DIDN'T vote for this. And voters in potland that DON'T deserve this. And voters that can't just get to where ever it is you are. I really hate hearing that attitude from people that aren't stuck here. The problems we have HERE could very well work their way to where ever it is you are. I'd think everyone in the state should have a stake in what happens everywhere in the state. Heck, it's bad enough we have the likes of people that live within the deteriorating city that think "It's not so bad?" And don't fight to stop the degradation of a once damn cool city. And it pisses them off when you point to them as part of the problem. :s0140:

just curious whats keeping you in Portland? btw did you intentionally call it potland? is that why your staying?

2 mil for "gun violence".. meanwhile homeless trash camps, mass tagging and roaming violent BLM/Antifa mobs can block streets, destroy buildings and get away with it. Yep.. that politician totally has their stuff together.

just curious whats keeping you in Portland? btw did you intentionally call it potland? is that why your staying?

Not much. Medical reasons, for now, and the place we want to go is lacking in homes for sale. Well, homes we can afford anyway. And a big reason for that is people fleeing the craphole cities. And yes, it's really not "Portland" any more. potland is what best describes it now. I wish I still smoked, but it's gotten so fricking potent it's not fun. I've been a gardener for a good part of my life and I'd love to grow my own. An incident several years ago with a pin joint and four small tokes, mmm, it was baaad. If I want to get high now I drink beer, or a G&T and when I reach my, point of relaxion I'll call it, I don't drink anymore.

2 mil for "gun violence".. meanwhile homeless trash camps, mass tagging and roaming violent BLM/Antifa mobs can block streets, destroy buildings and get away with it. Yep.. that politician totally has their stuff together.

I can't find a link now, but the front page in the Sunday Oregonian had a big article on tod whalen's plan for cleaning up the city. So we've got that going for us! :rolleyes:

Not much. Medical reasons, for now, and the place we want to go is lacking in homes for sale. Well, homes we can afford anyway. And a big reason for that is people fleeing the craphole cities. And yes, it's really not "Portland" any more. potland is what best describes it now. I wish I still smoked, but it's gotten so fricking potent it's not fun. I've been a gardener for a good part of my life and I'd love to grow my own. An incident several years ago with a pin joint and four small tokes, mmm, it was baaad. If I want to get high now I drink beer, or a G&T and when I reach my, point of relaxion I'll call it, I don't drink anymore.

I can't find a link now, but the front page in the Sunday Oregonian had a big article on tod whalen's plan for cleaning up the city. So we've got that going for us! :rolleyes:
Here ya go:

And an image:
FA160752-5E6B-4ED3-AE49-EF58CC4F29E2.jpeg

Portland has lost many good LE officers who fled to greener pastures. Why work for a mayor and council who seem clueless as to what actually transpires on the streets of Portland? We now have a mayor complaining about the crop he is harvesting all because he allowed the weeds to grow.

Maybe he should try smokin' them weeds he's allowed to grow..... it'd take a REALLY big pipe to fit 'em all in.

Don't forget there are voters in potland that DIDN'T vote for this. And voters in potland that DON'T deserve this. And voters that can't just get to where ever it is you are. I really hate hearing that attitude from people that aren't stuck here. The problems we have HERE could very well work their way to where ever it is you are. I'd think everyone in the state should have a stake in what happens everywhere in the state. Heck, it's bad enough we have the likes of people that live within the deteriorating city that think "It's not so bad?" And don't fight to stop the degradation of a once damn cool city. And it pisses them off when you point to them as part of the problem. :s0140:
You did good Mikej

I was a S Calif boy. Raised in Pomona, a semi-ag town that became a eastern suburb of L.A... After high screwl, I moved to Huntington Beach, then my last USCG duty station was in San Diego so that my then-wife could help care for her mom that had bone cancer. Was pretty tired of all the crowding, and wanting to live a life of hunting and fishing that I'd always dreamed about in Pomona, so moved here on the Eastside. Never regretted it for a moment, even with the hot summers and cold winters.

Was never a party animal myself... way too fricken shy. Bit of a stoner, but that's mostly a solitary or close friends pursuit. And by the time I joined the Coast Guard I had an instant family after getting together with a gal that had two kids. Had one of my own that was born in North Carolina while I was stationed there. Not much party life in Union, tho my ex managed all too well to find all the party types and spent endless hours drinking at the bar, inviting single men to our home, etc. She was always a slut (but a damn fine cook), then turned into a drunk. Nope, life wasn't a party for me at all!!!

I met my current wife at a Western Swing dance class here. Newly single, I needed a way to meet chicas. We used to go dancing and had plenty of beer, but not really drinking at home. We backpacked, went fishing, camping, etc.
I went to Fremont Jr High school and I've also lived in LaGrande

Portland has lost many good LE officers who fled to greener pastures. W

I don't know how they get up and go in on their shift each day. The negativity that surrounds law enforcement work now would be very disheartening and demoralizing for most people. I've read that retirements, disability claims and resignations have increased. The talented and versatile are probably very tempted to leave the job. Which makes the remaining officers who are perhaps less talented to do the work.

Ever getting it under control again will be near Impossible

Once on the slippery slope of deteriorada, it's hard to regain the traction of order and obedience.

Unfortunately it's not just LEOs leaving. It seems quite a few sectors are having a hard time getting and keeping people lately. Pretty sure my generation is useless and thinks they can live off everyone else. Honestly, I don't blame the LEOs and the folks fed up with it. I'm about 1 poorly chosen word from my boss from leaving too. I have no ties. I could rent or sell my house in a heartbeat and be gone overnight. I've already moved across the country twice. Lived in the Cali East Bay Area from ages 0 to about 15. I'm already a transplant!

Can't wait to see what happens when the crack heads down the street get the latest china hush money buyout.

It's very concerning to see where we have fallen to in such a short time. I can't help but feel it is accelerating at a concerning rate. In the grand scheme of things my few short years on this earth is a short time. It's very concerning if it's moving fast enough that I can notice it.

Unfortunately it's not just LEOs leaving. It seems quite a few sectors are having a hard time getting and keeping people lately. Pretty sure my generation is useless and thinks they can live off everyone else. Honestly, I don't blame the LEOs and the folks fed up with it. I'm about 1 poorly chosen word from my boss from leaving too. I have no ties. I could rent or sell my house in a heartbeat and be gone overnight. I've already moved across the country twice. Lived in the Cali East Bay Area from ages 0 to about 15. I'm already a transplant!

Can't wait to see what happens when the crack heads down the street get the latest china hush money buyout.

It's very concerning to see where we have fallen to in such a short time. I can't help but feel it is accelerating at a concerning rate. In the grand scheme of things my few short years on this earth is a short time. It's very concerning if it's moving fast enough that I can notice it.

Where are you, approximately?

I don't know how they get up and go in on their shift each day. The negativity that surrounds law enforcement work now would be very disheartening and demoralizing for most people. I've read that retirements, disability claims and resignations have increased. The talented and versatile are probably very tempted to leave the job. Which makes the remaining officers who are perhaps less talented to do the work.

I don't hardly see officers drive down our street any more. Our area isn't too bad (knocking on wood). Better than "even" I'd say, but still we had some issues with stolen cars being dumped, and some street folks/druggies making problems for local businesses. It's probably been a year or a little more that we'd see the PPD drive down our street a couple three times a week. That wifey could get PPD/EMT to the store when she called 911 for a problem customer/slip-&-fall. We seldom see police anymore. We hear the sirens of fire trucks/EMT and PPD on a regular basis in the near distance though. I literally have a profound sadness come over me when I see, read or think of our PPD officers. :( And what they have had to endure from the elected elites and communities they are there to serve.

Portland supporters of the Mayor and the city council are very smart. They know well what they are doing by defunding the police and now looking to refund. Smart cookies!

I could care less what happens in Portland. I don't live there, vote or pay taxes there. I drive around that dumpster fire. Let the voters get exactly what they wanted.
I used to think that way until it came across the bridge.
Downtown Vancouver is going to be the same soon.
Its very Sad to see I've been here 62 years.

The pandemic has pushed even more people into poverty.

Poverty leads to desperation which leads to violence. This country has done absolutely nothing to protect it's most vulnerable people, or anyone for that matter that wasnt a stock broker or a billion dollar corporation from a problem they let get out of hand in the first place.

I was never under the impression that it was Government's job to protect us from financial ruin. That comes under the heading of personal responsibility.

The pandemic has pushed even more people into poverty.

Poverty leads to desperation which leads to violence. This country has done absolutely nothing to protect it's most vulnerable people, or anyone for that matter that wasnt a stock broker or a billion dollar corporation from a problem they let get out of hand in the first place.

The ridiculous thing is another, $1,400 is supposed to be coming to us? A family of four, with a couple of kids, is going to be in the thousands, AGAIN, even if they were still working through this thing. If a single person can't make it on $75,000.00 a year something is really effed up with them. Yet they will get another check. And most of the homeless, if they're going to get these checks, are going to still be on the street afterward. How long will depend on whether they spend it on drugs, or food and clothing.

Nothing has been done to see if those receiving checks actually need them.

Nothing has been done to see if those receiving checks actually need them.
Deciding who needs to be compensated and who does not for loss due to the government mandating they cannot work seems a little off to me. But the government mandating that people can't work seemed off too.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top