JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Will You Apply For Permit To Purchase If Measure 114 Withstands Legal Challenges And PTP Program Is

• No

Votes: 294 86.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 45 13.3%

• Total voters
Did not vote, but probably yes if it doesn't get struck down. Why? Because I still want to get a 12ga external hammer coach gun to sbr. For private party, idgaf. System is busted, use your gut and common sense.

If these idiots wanted it to be done more bipartisan and followed more often, they should have made permits optional and tied them to CHL. If they want to really get into it, they should do it on a national CHL level and tie them to NFA so you can walk into a gun shop and walk out 20 minutes later with whatever MG/SBR/SBS/DD/Suppressor you have the $ to get.

True true. Although I didn't really notice too many folk riding the "I ain't gonna vote, it's all rigged" bench this time around. The majority seems raring to try and flush this turd. Sometimes... they just circle and won't go down... ;)
I'll bet many of those who chose "Yes" to getting a permit in this post probably also voted Yes on M114, or didn't even take the time to vote at all.

I'll bet many of those who chose "Yes" to getting a permit in this post probably also voted Yes on M114, or didn't even take the time to vote at all.
Or voted "No", but are now stuck in the same reality with the rest of us and being forced to admit to having to do something they really don't wanna do... but their need for more smoke is too great(?)

What can I say? I'm a half glass left full is just a shot by any other name kinda guy. 🤪

That's the part we don't quite know yet. It's not like an FFL keeping your info locally that only he has access to. They are doing a public accessible database, but it's yet to be seen "how" public it will be? Only with a FOIA request? Accessible to any study group or university for statistical purposes... which we know how secure that would be with any student potentially having access.

Or like what happened in CA... TWICE.. where the maintaining agency (CA gooverment) simply blasted the full database with all personal info across the entire internet. To be fair... they did say, "Ooops!"... both times.

I'm not trying to sway you, but for informational purposes... and I would say a potential employer excluding me from a job by discriminating against a gun owner would be the least of my concerns. The one that freaks me out the most is providing all the criminal elements in our community with a firearms shopping list... complete with directions!! ;)

Obviously there is also the real potential of opening up yet another avenue for ID theft since such a database would contain all of your particulars and, being billed as a 'public database' it seems reasonable to assume security is likely to be much more lax than say... your DMV records.

We'll see.... won't we.👍
This public database thing is to treat legal gun owners like criminals. It's no different than those felons that already show up on charts. To those that poo poo any talk about escalation not being a thing, look where we are in Oregon.

Handing over authority they don't deserve never ends well. Especially, when they've already told you the end game. Gun owners will never end up with more. First, all they wanted was simple background checks. That's all.

So what if Oregon has my name on a database somewhere. I don't believe in conspiracies about bosses searching for gun owners to avoid hiring and all of that nonsense. Most aren't anywhere near
You can add Land lords, apartments, HOAs....
To the list of "conspiracies"

Probably yes, though I'll have a better idea after the dust has settled. I can't move, as much as I desperately want to, so that's not an option. And I want more guns. So unfortunately I'll have to just bite the bullet and do it.

I don't care about my name being on a database. Every time you buy a gun and you fill out a 4473, your paperwork is kept by the FFL for the ATF indefinitely. The way I see it, that's pretty much a "list" right there. So what if Oregon has my name on a database somewhere. I don't believe in conspiracies about bosses searching for gun owners to avoid hiring and all of that nonsense. Most aren't anywhere near smart enough to do that anyways.
Around here you better believe the people hiring would actively exclude gun owners as possible hires. I would guess a pretty large percentage would if they had the means to find out. Rural areas would be different though most likely. "Do you really own a gun?" is a common mindset around here or for many they are extremely opposed to guns and gun owners.

Who was it on here that created a thread asking why people are buying guns before 114 goes into effect. My girl asked why my bank account is lower then I normal I said because my freedoms are being taken away and I'm not going into a public database! I said whatever I have after December 8 is what I have for the rest of my life and the rest of the time I'm in Oregon unless the courts strike it down. while I normally do not spend the kind of money I have spent in the past month I can justify it if we are talking a lifetime or until Oregon gets their act together. Oregon was a chill place but it has become a pool for woke liberals who walk blindly into the fire.. the criminals and homeless and drug addiction and then removing my rights with 114. I never imagined it would go down hill so fast Oregon was always temporary I will always have very fond memories of this state before the insanity started.. Texas is looking pretty sweet right about now

Like 52% of Oregon just voted on the biggest discrimination law against lawful gun owners
...but its a conspiracy any one of them wouldnt want to hire, rent to them.

Might as well turn in our guns and get it over with.

Like 52% of Oregon just voted on the biggest discrimination law against lawful gun owners
...but its a conspiracy any one of them wouldnt want to hire, rent to them.

Might as well turn in our guns and get it over with.
Agree 100% it's no conspiracy. But people in this area will actively shut down anything they possibly can to do with guns. They are rabid.

This public database thing is to treat legal gun owners like criminals. It's no different than those felons that already show up on charts. To those that poo poo any talk about escalation not being a thing, look where we are in Oregon.

Handing over authority they don't deserve never ends well. Especially, when they've already told you the end game. Gun owners will never end up with more. First, all they wanted was simple background checks. That's all.
We will be treated just like a sex offender. you will have " volunteers " going door to door letting your neighbors you own some evil guns.

Around here you better believe the people hiring would actively exclude gun owners as possible hires. I would guess a pretty large percentage would if they had the means to find out. Rural areas would be different though most likely. "Do you really own a gun?" is a common mindset around here or for many they are extremely opposed to guns and gun owners.
Unfortunately you're exactly right. Gotta remember Portland is the place where activists singled out businesses to boycott for "cultural appropriation" reasons (e.g. food carts and restaurants offering Mexican cuisine but are not actually owned by Hispanic people).

RE : The Govt's list of gun owners.

Life under the Nazis. Or......"The incremental creep of the Nazi Govt. into the lives of the regular people of Pre WW2 Germany". The similarities, are right there for YOU to take heed of......before it's too late.

The "Gun List" part is at 28:05.

Never forget the lessons of history.

Aloha, Mark

PS......claiming to be more "balanced". Here is another take on "The German Gun Registration List" and how/why it came to be.

Its_all_legal.jpg
papers_please.jpg
Schindler-s-List.jpg

Huge "NOPE". Never going to put my name on a public searchable list of what I own. My heart breaks for the family gun shops that will take in on the chin and even if it costs 50% more, I will buy my ammo/accessories, etc. from them if by some miracle they are still in business. I suspect the nincompoop anti-gunners will be running around going "see, we were right; look at how few guns are being purchased. The kids will now be safe". What they won't understand is that the out-of-state, black market, FTF no questions asked transfers will be going full tilt. I can see the cartels doing a joy dance for all the money they'll be making selling smuggled arms. Then, for some unexpected reason, a looney tunes crackpot liberal will shoot up a mall with a stolen, unregistered, 30 round mag AR and the media will bury the story or the Blomberg folks with start in with "we have to register all guns or confiscate them" ballot measure. Fingers heavily crossed and wallet opened that we can beat this crap in the courts eventually.

No permit here because
1) I have no more need to purchase additional firearms
2) Hell will freeze over before I will have a non NFA item in a registry

If I decide to make another purchase I will move to a free state.

I'm stocked well and good. If I get an itch I can scratch it with PMF's or tinkering with AR uppers.... but the biggin... if this laws stands + kotex leading our state even further down the crapper + the inevitable triggering of even more infringments... I'll be voting with my feet!!
The so-called progressives are slowly wrapping the rope around our necks. Closing off avenues of gun ownership while at the same time making it immoral to comment on the obvious problems that encourage criminals. We need more people to proselytize for the second amendment and rights of self defense. These idiots need to lose elections and the public needs to wake up while people are still capable of remembering what a free society looks like.

Nope, Im good! .. what I have on hand is what I'll live with during my time in OR. For the last 10 years in my household guns and ammo got treated as just another monthly expense, like buying milk or paying the electric. My wife not really into guns still knew the what and why behind it, agreeing. Coming from NJ 10 years ago I knew if given the opportunity id take it. And for anyone thinking it couldn't happen here, so they didn't stock up on everything is just naive. Sh!t, summer 2020 should have given you the motivation to buy any and everything.

I can see if your're the collector type why you'd keep buying. For me its many multiples of the same firearms. It's safety and security above all and I accomplished that awhile ago.

Last Edited:
RE : The Govt's list of gun owners.

Life under the Nazis. Or......"The incremental creep of the Nazi Govt. into the lives of the regular people of Pre WW2 Germany". The similarities, are right there for YOU to take heed of......before it's too late.

The "Gun List" part is at 28:05.

Never forget the lessons of history.

Aloha, Mark

PS......claiming to be more "balanced". Here is another take on "The German Gun Registration List" and how/why it came to be.

View attachment 1317528
View attachment 1317529
View attachment 1317530
Your Schindlers List reference reminds me of the part Spielberg omitted from the movie: When Schindler gave them their freedom, he also gave them guns to protect themselves from the Nazis and others on the hazardous trip home. It was Hollywood's political reasons he did not let you know that.

Last Edited:
I already voted, NO, but what kind of bothers me is all of the people buying guns, ammo and accessories and spending lots of money. Where are you going to carry/shoot those guns?

Don't you think that some if not most of that money should be going to fight M114?

I'm in a unique position with enough guns, ammo and accessories to keep me busy at my age and enough for my great grandchildren, so my money is going to pro-gun groups.

I already voted, NO, but what kind of bothers me is all of the people buying guns, ammo and accessories and spending lots of money. Where are you going to carry/shoot those guns?

Don't you think that some if not most of that money should be going to fight M114?

I'm in a unique position with enough guns, ammo and accessories to keep me busy at my age and enough for my great grandchildren, so my money is going to pro-gun groups.
Who says we're not? Continuing to buy does not preclude anyone from continuing to donate funds to those that are fighting to protect our rights.

I get the point, "If it matters that much, why aren't you taking extreme measures to fund the fight?"

The reality is that the fight is never ending and each has to decide on what is measured support for them in balance with ongoing ability to pay and in consideration of other life factors. Owning a firearm and having the freedom to use it plays only a part of daily life.

It IS important and, IMHO, everyone should be contributing, but within their ability, and not to the extent that it jeopordizes their quality of life.

I can't speak for anyone else, but for me... that means about the cost of what I would typically spend on a single firearm outfit. That's an amount I can budget for sustainably and what I consider "my fair share" as the additional annual cost associated with being a firearm owner.

I would say it's not so much about the amount, but I do agree that everyone "should" be factoring in and contributing something on a regular basis. Whatever amount that is will vary, but no one should be playing for free when our rights are under constant attack. Sustainable levels of support are also more effective in the long term war that a single mass infusion... and then you're done... IMO.

Steady wins the race.

I didn't need any more guns but there were a few that I would like to have. I just bought all of those.

If I find I have to have something then I well get a permit. Not doing so is just letting the anti-gunners win!

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top