JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Will You Apply For Permit To Purchase If Measure 114 Withstands Legal Challenges And PTP Program Is

• No

Votes: 294 86.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 45 13.3%

• Total voters
I didn't need any more guns but there were a few that I would like to have. I just bought all of those.

If I find I have to have something then I well get a permit. Not doing so is just letting the anti-gunners win!
Submitting to a permit process would be considered by many to be letting the anti-gunners win.

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." ~Thomas Jefferson

Not saying "go to jail", but that justification swings both ways. :s0155:

The 90.8 % no votes is higher that what I would have guessed however I wonder if LEVO and whoever else dreamed this up ever considered 114 would probably dissuade a lot of gun owners from any further purchases, and possibly influencing a reduction in the interest in gun and the sport/hobby overall.

Maybe this WAS the actual intent with the permit process being somewhat a 'ruse' to lower gun purchases overall by instigating so much negativity towards the permit system it would result in very few current gun owners pursuing it.

And IF this is the case it apparently is working.

The 90.8 % no votes is higher that what I would have guessed however I wonder if LEVO and whoever else dreamed this up ever considered 114 would probably dissuade a lot of gun owners from any further purchases, and possibly influencing a reduction in the interest in gun and the sport/hobby overall.

Maybe this WAS the actual intent with the permit process being somewhat a 'ruse' to lower gun purchases overall by instigating so much negativity towards the permit system it would result in very few current gun owners pursuing it.

And IF this is the case it apparently is working.
Or, maybe they are avoiding the permit process and still getting their gun fixes.

If I find I have to have something then I well get a permit. Not doing so is just letting the anti-gunners win!
I don't agree. They may be saving me thousands of $$ in the long run. I believe some or hopefully most of 114 will be removed. Will that be the wakeup call for those not paying attention or ready to "compromise"?

One problem we have in the gun community is a lot of new owners are out there winging it. No friends or family in the culture to support what's important. I was lucky and had a steep learning curve as initially 2A wasn't important. But coming from California and being in countries with no gun rights helped me to be receptive.

Who says we're not? Continuing to buy does not preclude anyone from continuing to donate funds to those that are fighting to protect our rights.

I get the point, "If it matters that much, why aren't you taking extreme measures to fund the fight?"

The reality is that the fight is never ending and each has to decide on what is measured support for them in balance with ongoing ability to pay and in consideration of other life factors. Owning a firearm and having the freedom to use it plays only a part of daily life.

It IS important and, IMHO, everyone should be contributing, but within their ability, and not to the extent that it jeopordizes their quality of life.

I can't speak for anyone else, but for me... that means about the cost of what I would typically spend on a single firearm outfit. That's an amount I can budget for sustainably and what I consider "my fair share" as the additional annual cost associated with being a firearm owner.

I would say it's not so much about the amount, but I do agree that everyone "should" be factoring in and contributing something on a regular basis. Whatever amount that is will vary, but no one should be playing for free when our rights are under constant attack. Sustainable levels of support are also more effective in the long term war that a single mass infusion... and then you're done... IMO.

Steady wins the race.
I never said that members were not doing both, but I see "I bought this or that or lots of guns, ammo and accessories, but few talking about donations. There have been members asking how and where to donate, which is a good sign.

I am retired and on fixed income, so I can only do one or the other and I chose to donate.

I never said that members were not doing both, but I see "I bought this or that or lots of guns, ammo and accessories, but few talking about donations. There have been members asking how and where to donate, which is a good sign.

I am retired and on fixed income, so I can only do one or the other and I chose to donate.
I getcha. To consider... many that contribute may not feel the need to toot their own horns and brag about it. :s0140:

Some do it out of a sense of personal and civil responsibility... not for accolades from our peers. To some, that's might be considered quite tacky and distasteful.

I don't agree. They may be saving me thousands of $$ in the long run. I believe some or hopefully most of 114 will be removed. Will that be the wakeup call for those not paying attention or ready to "compromise"?

One problem we have in the gun community is a lot of new owners are out there winging it. No friends or family in the culture to support what's important. I was lucky and had a steep learning curve as initially 2A wasn't important. But coming from California and being in countries with no gun rights helped me to be receptive.
My figuring is they pushed through this law to curb guns sales. So if I let them curb the number of guns that I buy they have achieved their objective.

I getcha. To consider... many that contribute may not feel the need to toot their own horns and brag about it. :s0140:

Some do it out of a sense of personal and civil responsibility... not for accolades from our peers. To some, that's might be considered quite tacky and distasteful.
My post was more about reminding people that there is a bigger battle out there than stocking up before M114 hits. I don't feel like it is tooting any horns and coming off like the NRA ( :().

Since you can donate as low as $25 and as high as you want to go, as long as you are not bragging about how much you donated, I don't see it as tacky.

I do see your point though.

My post was more about reminding people that there is a bigger battle out there than stocking up before M114 hits. I don't feel like it is tooting any horns and coming off like the NRA ( :().

Since you can donate as low as $25 and as high as you want to go, as long as you are not bragging about how much you donated, I don't see it as tacky.

I do see your point though.
To be clear... I wasn't saying you were tooting your own horn. I didn't even pick up from your post that you were saying you had donated anything. Just a call and reminder for all to donate more.

That's fair!

My figuring is they pushed through this law to curb guns sales. So if I let them curb the number of guns that I buy they have achieved their objective.
You could also see 114 ultimately as a fail. Depending on how many bcg go through in time, maybe 3x-4x the already elevated number of guns and magazines are sold. Possibly, more than would have sold over a 3 year span if they stayed quite.

Look how guns sales slowed to a crawl as pre covid, gun access was not threatened after Trump vs Hilary. $400 quality guns. PSA were pairing AR/AK deals. Had the constant threats never happened most Oregonians already bought their riot guns. So in some ways, 114 is a big fail.

You could also see 114 ultimately as a fail. Depending on how many bcg go through in time, maybe 3x-4x the already elevated number of guns and magazines are sold. Possibly, more than would have sold over a 3 year span if they stayed quite.

Look how guns sales slowed to a crawl as pre covid, gun access was not threatened after Trump vs Hilary. $400 quality guns. PSA were pairing AR/AK deals. Had the constant threats never happened most Oregonians already bought their riot guns. So in some ways, 114 is a big fail.
I completely agree! I bought 5 guns and 1 stripped receiver that have been on my some day list. I would not have bought that many guns in the next 4 years if it hadn't been for 114! I also bought more magazines than I could ever use. I even bought my first AR receiver... I don't even like AR's. I would have bought a second AR receiver if it hadn't gone out of stock after I ordered it.

But that won't keep me from purchasing another gun with a permit if I find something that I have to have... how ever unlikely that might be.

Last Edited:
I'll likely be getting a license. There's still one more thing I'd like to own that I have magazines for before I'd consider my collection complete.

Once that purchase is made, I'll simply let it lapse after the 5 year term.

I know we're just a very small percentage of gun owners on this site, but I am sure a lot of other gun owner feel the same as we do. How do they plan on building a system and testing site, and classes if no one buys guns? They won't have a lot of money due to the fact lots won't get a permit. I can see another tax coming soon.

This legislative session will be looking to rob as much money from the kicker fund as they possibly can.
We will all be paying for this new bogus permit system, one way or another……,

I know we're just a very small percentage of gun owners on this site, but I am sure a lot of other gun owner feel the same as we do.
Heck if we as a 'small percentage' are at 90+ % what is the probable % for the rest of the gun owners ? Say those who may be moderately active, occasional shooters etc.

Then there may be those who are not aware of (or marginally so) of 114 and may have an interest in buying another gun, haven't bought one in years and just wants something new. I highly doubt he/she will go through the motions for an occasional purchase.

Personally I am beginning to seriously believe this was all concocted on the idea of a very small % of people ever acquiring a permit. LEVO and the other idiots probably knew the potential problems getting a permit system started, along with probable non-compliance by some LE depts. so the idea of very small numbers even considering the permit makes it less necessary to speed up the process.

Heck if we as a 'small percentage' are at 90+ % what is the probable % for the rest of the gun owners ? Say those who may be moderately active, occasional shooters etc.

Then there may be those who are not aware of (or marginally so) of 114 and may have an interest in buying another gun, haven't bought one in years and just wants something new. I highly doubt he/she will go through the motions for an occasional purchase.

Personally I am beginning to seriously believe this was all concocted on the idea of a very small % of people ever acquiring a permit. LEVO and the other idiots probably knew the potential problems getting a permit system started, along with probable non-compliance by some LE depts. so the idea of very small numbers even considering the permit makes it less necessary to speed up the process.
Oh I am sure this was part of their plan from the start. The measure was written very poorly with a lot of unanswered questions. In my opinion I think it was designed that way to confuse everyone and it will take awhile to get a system up and running. There will also be a % of people that do not want their name in the system and that will stop them as well. The only upside is if the system takes so long to get up and running well all should be looking for a lawyer for them infringing on our ability to buy firearms.

It's too bad most families don't have more gun lovers in them (mine included) as that would provide more opportunities for legal transfers within families post M114.

So, how long do you think it might take for these daily shootings, (in places like potland), take to slow way down? :D A lot of us have pledged to buy no more. And with the mag ban, same question? Let's see....only 10 rounds max in mags now with 30 rounders outlawed for new purchase. "They" figure a 66% decrease in these shootings?
Damn "These" people are stupid!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads