JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Will You Apply For Permit To Purchase If Measure 114 Withstands Legal Challenges And PTP Program Is

• No

Votes: 294 86.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 45 13.3%

• Total voters
So, how long do you think it might take for these daily shootings, (in places like potland), take to slow way down? :D A lot of us have pledged to buy no more. And with the mag ban, same question? Let's see....only 10 rounds max in mags now with 30 rounders outlawed for new purchase. "They" figure a 66% decrease in these shootings?
Damn "These" people are stupid!
Lmao non of those shooting are lawbiding citizens. Decriminalization of drugs and now no slavery anymore. Then to top it off disarm the good guys chit is going to get really bad. Kinda hope it does so they can sleep in the crap they have been spewing out their mouths.

So, how long do you think it might take for these daily shootings, (in places like potland), take to slow way down? :D A lot of us have pledged to buy no more. And with the mag ban, same question? Let's see....only 10 rounds max in mags now with 30 rounders outlawed for new purchase. "They" figure a 66% decrease in these shootings?

its-all-trial.jpg

I would vote no...but since I don't live in Oregon , my vote don't matter.....
For the moment.

I say for the moment...'Cause it seems as if what goes on in Oregon works its way up to Washington.

When that does happen...
I will still vote no.
However....
I have no doubt , that for many folks , firearms will still be acquired simply by buying , selling and trading among trusted friends.
Andy

The Black man that co-sponsored the initiative, I don't rremember his name, said that they knew it would do NOTHING to stop violence. And that they would have to do more measures/bills/whatever in the future, but "It's a start".

Lordy Lord, humans have been doing acts of violence with "tools" of one sort or another since Cain/Abel... and NO law is going to stop them from that!!!

If the LEVO church can't fix the problem with laws, maybe they should be looking at the inadequacy of their recruitment to Sunday sermons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Black man that co-sponsored the initiative, I don't rremember his name, said that they knew it would do NOTHING to stop violence. And that they would have to do more measures/bills/whatever in the future, but "It's a start".
I've heard of that dude I believe. You're lucky you don't live over here Bill. And I'll bet that when these kinds of people are coming through LaGrand in the warmer months they stand way out from the locals.

10 rds has to be a choice. Part of your individual plan. The state has no right to arbitrarily command what your plan should be. Especially when 99% of the time they are not there to protect you and have no directive to place their life on the line, as many examples prove this.

There's a reason Portland is the epicenter of the violence. They live as they vote.

If 114 sticks, maybe.
I did vote yes in this poll, but I'll certainly not be in a hurry to get logged into that system. In all honesty I have almost every gun that I want to keep at this time, but that's always subject to change. My family owns a business that kind of precludes me leaving the state, so even if I relocate, it probably won't be to a "better" place as far as firearms laws are concerned.

No

In addtion to most of the other points mentioned firearms have always been a fun, and self funding, hobby for me and I have more than once been accused of only 'renting' firearms :) Sometimes I make a little, sometimes I lose a little, but it's not really about making money, it's about getting to have fun. At this point I believe 114 will add enough burden to make the hobby aspect no longer enjoyable.
When all of the private transfers had to go thru a dealer, it pretty much sucked the wind out the sails as far as my buying and trading went. That $25-40ish took a big chunk out of the possible sale price. It also made the "private" part disappear. Trust me, I know which guns I own were acquired with a background check, and those that did not.

I do have a chl, but I won't be getting a permit. Read this in an article.

"The measure is expected to cost both state and local governments $55 million in the first biennium and about $50 million for each successive biennium, according to a preliminary state estimate. Local governments would get up to $19.5 million annually from permit fees based on 300,000 applications a year."

I don't know for sure obviously, but I highly doubt they'll get an annual return of $19.5 million from permitting fees. I am assuming they are assuming everyone that buys guns is getting a permit. That's not the case. So who's paying for this system then? Rhetorical question.

I am content with what I already have, the base's are covered. Don't plan on buying anything else for now. If I was still shopping for more firearms, I would go through the process and get a permit. Most all of my firearms were bought from FFL's so they already know what I have. Oregon statute allows the OSP to retain the purchase record for five years. Do you really think they delete the record after five years? LOL. I also have a CHL. If it ever does come to the doomsday some are worried about and they come knocking on our doors to seize our guns, well, by then we will already be F'd. I am to old to worry about it and will just go do what I do.

I do have a chl, but I won't be getting a permit. Read this in an article.

"The measure is expected to cost both state and local governments $55 million in the first biennium and about $50 million for each successive biennium, according to a preliminary state estimate. Local governments would get up to $19.5 million annually from permit fees based on 300,000 applications a year."

I don't know for sure obviously, but I highly doubt they'll get an annual return of $19.5 million from permitting fees. I am assuming they are assuming everyone that buys guns is getting a permit. That's not the case. So who's paying for this system then? Rhetorical question.
They said the same thing about the taxes of gun sales in Seattle. Their forecast never pan out to be true and they know it. Also, they know there is never accountability or backlash for the politicians that promise the results.

$65 for a permit.

Thank you - NO
That's JUST an application fee. That doesn't mean you actually get one.

We won't talk about the seperate costs for photo and fingerprinting, training classes, range time and ammo costs before they will even allow you to give them your $65.

Possibly $150-$300 all in.... "Thank you for playing, but... Nah!! I saw your FB and hate people that own hawaiian shirts. Better luck next time!" ;)

Say you're already grandfathered in with the 30 guns you currently own. You apply for a permit for a .22 single shot and are denied. Common sense says, oh well, for that 22. But what to say, you are now deemed a risk for what you've owned for decades?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top