JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A civilian would not have gotten away with that. Now that said I too believe it to be a good shoot but the LEO had a camera backing up his story and a civi wouldn't have. Pluss the civi has less lattitude in a shooting incedent anyways. It simply is not viewed the same.

A civi would be in deep trouble firing on a car that was speeding away. One or 2 rounds maybe viewed exceptable but emptying the magazine would be looked at negatively. Now I can't honestly say I wouldn't react in the exact same way though. Natures own Go juice is pretty wicked stuff!

The officer has a sworn duty to protect the public from this clearly dangerous individual whereas a civillian does not. The Officer was asked why he approached the suspect vehicle after it crashed into the pole and that was his response, to make sure the guy was not able to harm anyone.

im guessing that if you shot the guy in the back...you'd go to prison.

to argue with what I just said......Does it matter how far the guy gets away from you? he just tried to kill you. how far does he have to get away before your life isnt in danger anymore? that officer kept on shooting, after the guy was pretty far away

I agree with you! Yes it would be sad, I would probably be spending many years in jail if I did that. I would hope the jury in my case would understand that I have a right to defend myself just like this officer did.

Prosecutor: "Officer Jessop, why did you shoot your weapon 15 times at the deceased?"

Jessop: "Because that's all the bullets that I had."

Just because the vehicle is moving forward does not mean that the driver is not engaging the officer anymore. He could easily be pointing the firearm to the rear of the vehicle with one hand and steering with the other. The rear window looks tinted and the cab dark, no way to know what's going on inside until the window is shot out. If I were in that situation I would conclude that I was still being engaged until I can verify that I wasn't.

Way to go, give him a raise!:s0155:

It is the Officer's duty to protect the community. If he had not taken the action he did, the girlfriend would probably be dead. He absolutely did the right thing. He should get a stack of attaboys from the department and the community.

Hard to feel bad for this guy. He was willing to take the life of an officer of the law, just doing his job, so he could evade a drunken driving charge and maybe a weapons beef. What a disgusting lowlife.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top