JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
His body cam didn't do much justice, but you see him run with a full varsity jacket, and when he goes down it's off. Statement from the pursuing officer was he removed his jacket and pulled out a gun with a CA unregistered magazine.
At 0:33, you see him drop his jacket. At 0:35, you see the perp's arm swing with what looks like a pistol in his RH.
Considering the perp was running past two women standing on the side when the LE fired the first two shots, that's a ballsy and very risky take-down.

My thoughts, worth nothing:
  • Risky as hell but what are you going to do, let the guy go and take someone hostage?
  • If I were in the chain of command in the department, 2nd LE would be summarily dismissed. You don't go into harm's way without a working radio, and if your partner/fellow officer is in a conflict, you assist. Failing on both, you're useless. Bye bye.
  • Asking if the guy was all right is senseless -- I counted 5 shots.
  • The crowd amazed me at their boldness and lack of order. Pepper spray. People and their forking phones.
  • The backup showed up completely unaware of the scenario and acted like they were there to give grief counseling.
  • The politician who stated, "It doesn't look good" is an idiot. I hope he pepper sprays himself for his next campaign video.

SFPD seemed very ill-prepared to deal with this situation. Broken radio guy should have started dispersing the crowd. With bear spray. Or bear spray gel. Very effective. I think it was a good shoot. The officer in pursuit had seen a gun. During a pursuit, how close do you think the perp will let the officer get before he turns and fires?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top