JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Video released of San Francisco officer shooting fleeing suspect

Don't know if this has already been reviewed/ discussed.
Passing no judgement, but doesn't look good for the cop, in my opinion. And I am a strong supporter of LE.
I'll let others judge the merit of the shoot, but what really struck me was the immediate, hostile reaction by the thugs and trouble-makers in the area. They absolutely showed no fear of the police, nor "respect" for the severity of the situation. And, I must admit, the SFO police were pretty ineffective, initially at least, in preventing the situation from possibly escalating in a big way.
Again, regardless of whether the first shoot was justified, I almost think the cops should have unloaded on some of those fools. Immediate threat, disparity of force, and all that...
Stay frosty out there...these things are blowing up quickly these days.

Should of maced the whole crowd when they did not back up like ordered. As far as a good shoot that's a tuff one imo.

wow.

Thats pretty bad...

Regardless of the legitimacy of the shooting, that whole thing was handled poorly...

Not so much the officer who did the shooting, I think he handled himself well enough, especially after shooting someone... having his life/career/future flash before his eyes..... not to mention whatever moral issues..... then to be surrounded by an angry mob yelling at him and pushing him.... WTF!?

The other officers responding were completely uncoordinated and unprofessional. The first one with the "broken radio" seemed like he was just throwing in the towel... not running to his car, etc... the rest of them walking all over the body, failing to control the crowd....

Geeeez... Id hate to be a cop in a place like that.

So, being Kalifornia and all, I suspect that the corner thug fleeing from police had a concealed weapons permit?

Yea, I didn't think so...

And based upon the information that a firearm was retrieved from the scene, good shoot.

As for the crowd, I'm in agreement, pepper spray the entire crowd if the refuse to back off when told to do so.

But it shows the inner city mob mentality we face today. Stay alert, stay armed....

I couldn't see from the video but my only issue would be if the man fleeing was making any attempt to get the gun before shots were fired.

Admittedly, the guy shot did many stupid acts leading up to getting shot. Lucky the cop is alive and the bad guy gad an extra scary looking gun. One would think California gang bangers would be more respectful of their laws.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top