JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I think the officer showed restraint, I suppose it would foolish not to with half a dozen people taking videos and still pictures with their cell phones. The officer looked tired towards the end and I am impressed that he did not need to resort to a taser, asp baton, or pepper spray. That most likely helped to keep the situation from turning very bad. Viewing the video not many of the bystanders were rooting for the man in blue. If this situation had happened in any other large city like L.A., D.C., or Chicago this could have been very ugly.

Its about time teenagers understand that their age is not an excuse to harm or undermind authority. I just turned 30 and if I resisted like that to authority when I was young my father who is now retired LEO would of put it on me. Good for that officer but I would of liked to see both of them tazed but considering all the scatching going on he used nessesary force. NAACP will for sure follow and play the race card.

Completely agree with you

Only an idiot would walk up behind and then place hands on an officer who is struggling to arrest an uncompliant suspect.

The officer must at all costs prevent his weapon from being taken.

The officer gave numerous verbal commands, which were ignored. He attempted to arrest someone, and met resistance. He was alone and surrounded by a hostile crowd.

The legal merits of the arrest itself, or the relative seriousness of the jaywalking charge, are both irrelevant. The time to resolve those issues is after the fact.

Had the girls simply complied with the officers lawful orders.... they would have gotten a ticket and a lecture, nothing more.

Simple jaywalking turns into resisting arrest, assault on a police officer and now a search of persons and handbags due to the arrests. Any contraband in those purses? Wanna bet?

+1 the officer must at all times insure that his weapon isn't taken. He's alone, surrounded by a crowd which includes young men, is physically dealing with two people and has no idea what's coming at him next.

I think he did just fine, and that those girls are going to learn a hard, hard lesson which they obviously need.

Just another case of stupid people. The jaywalker for being stupid enough to fight with a cop, and her pink shirted buddy for being stupid enough to push the cop away from her. Both got exactly what they deserve. What really drives me nuts though is all the Jesse Jackson wannabes that they had on the news trying to make this a race issue. I don't care what color you are, if you fight the cops you should expect them to fight back.

Some people may wonder why some of us believe the press is liberal and biased. Did anyone notice the "summary" at the top of KATU's article on this?

<broken link removed>

"Summary"

"Seattle police are investigating what they call an assault of an officer in South Seattle on Monday. However, a police officer is seen punching a 17-year-old girl in the face during the incident captured by a video camera."
(Emphasis mine)

"What they call" and "However..." Why don't they print the news and let the reader decide?

Some people may wonder why some of us believe the press is liberal and biased. Did anyone notice the "summary" at the top of KATU's article on this?

<broken link removed>

"Summary"

"Seattle police are investigating what they call an assault of an officer in South Seattle on Monday. However, a police officer is seen punching a 17-year-old girl in the face during the incident captured by a video camera."
(Emphasis mine)

"What they call" and "However..." Why don't they print the news and let the reader decide?

Same reason Jeffery Dahmer was an "alleged murderer" up until the day he was convicted - it's just one of the rules of journalism, and has been for well over half a century. Although it sounds ridiculous much of the time, news organizations would rather sound like idiots than deal with libel suits.

Same reason Jeffery Dahmer was an "alleged murderer" up until the day he was convicted - it's just one of the rules of journalism, and has been for well over half a century. Although it sounds ridiculous much of the time, news organizations would rather sound like idiots than deal with libel suits.

I actually agree with Gunner on this one. I think that was intentionally worded to put the cops in a bad light. IMHO it would have been less inflammatory if it had said "Seattle police are investigating an alleged assault of an officer in South Seattle on Monday. During the incident captured by a video camera a police officer is seen punching a 17-year-old girl in the face." But thats not what the media wants. They want to instigate as much drama as they can. They don't report the news anymore, they try to MAKE the news, or at least make it more interesting.

Zach, gotta disagree with you on this one. You are a great wordsmith. Remove the "however" and I'll be OK with it. To me, that word makes it sound argumentative in favor of the gal. :)

"Summary"

"Seattle police are investigating what they call an assault of an officer in South Seattle on Monday. However, a police officer is seen punching a 17-year-old girl in the face during the incident captured by a video camera." (Emphasis mine)

Zach, gotta disagree with you on this one. You are a great wordsmith. Remove the "however" and I'll be OK with it. To me, that word makes it sound argumentative in favor of the gal. :)

"Summary"

"Seattle police are investigating what they call an assault of an officer in South Seattle on Monday. However, a police officer is seen punching a 17-year-old girl in the face during the incident captured by a video camera." (Emphasis mine)

Didn't catch that - good point.

Only an idiot would walk up behind and then place hands on an officer who is struggling to arrest an noncompliance suspect.

The officer must at all costs prevent his weapon from being taken.

The officer gave numerous verbal commands, which were ignored. He attempted to arrest someone, and met resistance. He was alone and surrounded by a hostile crowd.

The legal merits of the arrest itself, or the relative seriousness of the jaywalking charge, are both irrelevant. The time to resolve those issues is after the fact.

Had the girls simply complied with the officers lawful orders.... they would have gotten a ticket and a lecture, nothing more.

+1 It's seems simple. Comply. If you don't agree you'll have your chance in court. They'll have their chance in court anyway, with a few added charges now :D

Its just been reported that that femail that got punched had a previous criminal history and was charged not too long ago for assulting an officer.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads