JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That brings up another good point, if you pocket carry, nothing and I mean nothing but your gun and holster should be in that pocket.
Indeed, I have been very careful and particular about this when carrying in a jacket. Besides the obvious AD prevention, I like to think it helps with muscle memory by designating a specific pocket.

-Robert

I have a S&W 2.0, have handled an LC9s, G43, and P365... is there anything a little smaller that would fit better for pocket carry in jeans or shorts?

Currently have an IWB holster, but not comfy when sitting in the car (truck is fine). Also have a Sticky holster for pocket, but it's fairly bulky in front pocket. Looking to go smaller.

Prefer 9mm, but maybe .22 is the way to go?

-Robert
I have a S&W 2.0, have handled an LC9s, G43, and P365... is there anything a little smaller that would fit better for pocket carry in jeans or shorts?

Currently have an IWB holster, but not comfy when sitting in the car (truck is fine). Also have a Sticky holster for pocket, but it's fairly bulky in front pocket. Looking to go smaller.

-Robert

That brings up another good point, if you pocket carry, nothing and I mean nothing but your gun and holster should be in that pocket.
I recently went to a G43 with a Blue Forces gear pocket holster. I usually carry a Glock 23 but in shorts in the summer it's very conspicuous concealed. The G43 in the pocket holster is an awesome combination. The one thing you need to make sure you do is practice practice practice. I have carried concealed on my right hip for 36 years. Just make sure you practice.

I just bought this, an AMT Backup 380. It's old tech and everything is stainless except the grips. It's currently on its way to the smith for a look-see, then I'll road test it.
It will be a NY Reload for trips to town.
20210403_131235.jpg

For me, I need a mag extension for the pinky finger on the small auto's. I can't shoot accurately with my pinky curled under the mag plate. I need a full grip. YMMV. My pocket carry is a Kahr PM9 with the pinky extension on the mag. I also use a FIST thin kydex holster, it reduces bulk in the pocket.

For me, I need a mag extension for the pinky finger on the small auto's. I can't shoot accurately with my pinky curled under the mag plate. I need a full grip. YMMV. My pocket carry is a Kahr PM9 with the pinky extension on the mag. I also use a FIST thin kydex holster, it reduces bulk in the pocket.
Never owned one, so I just picked up a WholeGuns Kydex IWB for a Combat Commander. Adjustable retention and cant. After watching all of the live fire vids at the Active Self Protection Channel, I knew that I needed something faster. I am used to the friction of front break and level 2 holsters. Man, Kydex is super slick. And, a treatment of ArmorAll on the inside helps even more.

I just bought this, an AMT Backup 380. It's old tech and everything is stainless except the grips. It's currently on its way to the smith for a look-see, then I'll road test it.
It will be a NY Reload for trips to town.
View attachment 861378
I carried one of those for years in an ankle holster. Like you said old school but a good one. The gun never had an issue while I owned it. Good choice.

-Robert
I carry a sig 938 all summer when I'm wearing board shorts. It fits in all pockets. Very accurate, 1911 controls, very reliable

Just to follow up on my earlier recommendation, while I usually carry a P365 iwb or PPQ owb i really like the LCP best for pocket carry. With the cover it looks like a wallet and without it's small enough for a front pocket. These are sticky holster, so easy to draw.
Had a DB many years ago and whenever you put it in a pocket or somewhere tight it would drop the magazine.
The grip wrap is just because I have big paws.
This is something I like, not stating that this is the best option or gun for everybody

IMG_1620.JPG IMG_1621.jpg IMG_1622.JPG

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads