JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What this guy said.

the DB9 is probably the smallest 9mm you can buy. Super snappy and takes practice.

I had one, and got rid of it because of the rough grip texture, feels like sand paper against the skin. BUT I am actually looking to get another, because I haven't encountered anything else that comes close to its size.
Texture can be fixed by way of talon grip.

What this guy said.

the DB9 is probably the smallest 9mm you can buy. Super snappy and takes practice.

I had one, and got rid of it because of the rough grip texture, feels like sand paper against the skin. BUT I am actually looking to get another, because I haven't encountered anything else that comes close to its size.

Sooo......you disliked it and it wasn't very easy to shoot? Sounds like the perfect gun to carry and trust your life to.

See? That right there is what I'm talking about. Sacrifice EVERYTHING a gun SHOULD BE just for a little comfort and perceived peace of mind against printing?

My question is how is it comfortable in a truck and not comfortable in a car?

If you want something pocket sized, yet still pleasurable to shoot, and don't mind a safety, I highly recommend a Springfield 911 or SIG P238. Even with the flush fit mag, the pistol is very manageable. It's a .380, but defensive ammo exists that passes FBI testing.

With the Sig, there's also an HD model that has a stainless steel frame...weighs 20 oz as opposed to the regular ~15. Recoil felt just a pinch more than a Wrangler shooting .22LR. Fun little gun and great pocket carry. Wish I hadn't sold mine.

If you want something pocket sized, yet still pleasurable to shoot, and don't mind a safety, I highly recommend a Springfield 911 or SIG P238. Even with the flush fit mag, the pistol is very manageable. It's a .380, but defensive ammo exists that passes FBI testing.
Yup, something like this will do and indeed has been pocket carried by yours truly, as sometimes circumstances demand pocket carry and being discreet...

Springfield 911 .380
08A04BA7-9C7B-4214-B51E-5FED5836E1A7.jpeg

Kimber Micro 9mm
352CF8AA-BAE6-41E4-A190-4BACE47114FD.jpeg

I pocket carry a P938 with ease and wear clothing that fits. Kahr PM9 would be even easier but I shoot the Sig better. If you dress like a scrub you have even more options.

I EDC a Glock 48 under jeans and a company polo shirt. I can even pull off a G45 in that situation. With the 45 I need a break after a few hours of driving. I carry IWB at about 7:00 o'clock (lefty).

Edited to add:

I'm 6'1" and 210 pounds, I work out 5 days a week so not much belly there.

Compared the DB9 to the Kahr CM/PM9 and the latter is a bit smaller. The Ruger LCP9 is even smaller.

Not sure where you are getting your info, but the LCP9 is considerably larger than both the DB9 and Kahrs. LCP9 Overall Length 6", Height 4.50", Width 0.90" Vs. DB9 Overall Length 5.73", Height 4", Width 0.90"

I forgot about the Kahr, but The CM/PM 9 is about on par with the DB9.

Sooo......you disliked it and it wasn't very easy to shoot? Sounds like the perfect gun to carry and trust your life to.

See? That right there is what I'm talking about. Sacrifice EVERYTHING a gun SHOULD BE just for a little comfort and perceived peace of mind against printing?

And you don't just buy a gun and carry it. You actually practice with it.

And all of these pocket 9s take practice to shoot. I had no problem shooting the DB9, of course, I practiced with it. If the grip texture didn't rip my side apart, I would still have it.

However, I was just reminded about the Kahr, and will be revisiting it.

Last Edited:
And you don't just buy a gun a carry it. You actually practice with it.

And all of these pocket 9s take practice to shoot.

Good points. As an RSO, I often see folks that whip out their EDC for "a few practice shots" and can barely put rounds on paper. After speaking to them, it's not uncommon to hear things like "I hate shooting it" or "Its so snappy" or "I don't like it but its better than nothing".

Smaller isn't better says me.

Smallest gun I would carry is a Glock 43x. I'm 5'10 180 pounds and have no issue carrying a full size gun the entire day. It's uncomfortable to do at times in certain positions but is completely doable.

As stated, little guns may carry well but they suck to fight with. One thing to keep in mind if you insist on carrying a little auto, carry extended mags for you spare(s) so you don't crush your finger or palm ridge while reloading the gun. I do with my G19.

Last Edited:
Not sure where you are getting your info, but the LCP9 is considerably larger than both the DB9 and Kahrs. LCP9 Overall Length 6", Height 4.50", Width 0.90" Vs. DB9 Overall Length 5.73", Height 4", Width 0.90"

I forgot about the Kahr, but The CM/PM 9 is about on par with the DB9.

You are right - I was mistaken - I was looking at the LCP - the 380 - thinking it was a 9mm

There are smaller - I think - the Boberg XR9?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top