JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My old two carry choices (43 & LCP) vs the Diamondback.

322C4395-1FF6-486F-92BF-5A7627325CC4.jpeg 5CE36141-FF7B-473C-911F-C3AF27008028.jpeg

I hae owned/shot the Kahr PM9. I found it okay to shoot, especially with the mag that has the extension. Recoil is not objectionable. My SIG 224 in .40 is larger/thicker/heavier, a little easier to shoot, but not to carry.

IMO for a little pistol meant to carried in the pocket, I'd lean toward a Seecamp .32. One big reason, like the Rohrbaugh R9, it has a European style mag release which is superior to the American Browning style for pocket carry as the latter makes it too easy to activate the release while in the pocket, leaving you with an under-powered single-shot. The issue can be minimized with proper holster design but the risk is still there.

Rather than .22, maybe look at some of the micro .380s. Dunno the ratings, but the KelTec P3AT .380 almost gets lost in a pocket.
It's a comfortable gun to shoot too, especially with extended mags. If you have big hands it can be a little dicey, but that seems to apply to all the sub-compacts. The sights are just miserable but CT makes a pretty decent laser sight for it.

I also find the IWB a bit uncomfortable so I have been pocket carrying a .38 snub for several years and that works great for me. Not all pants are created equal though and I choose my pants based on the front pocket being able to accommodate my carry piece.

I've heard people bash the 5.11 tactical pants for whatever reason but guess what, they have nice big pockets to facilitate pocket carry and I've still not worn out my first pair after years of daily use. YMMV

My Kahr P380. It's small enough to carry in my front or back pocket. Your only going to get two fingers on the grip but for me it's easy to control and I shoot it well. It's had about 1000 rounds through it and it's been reliable. I carry a bigger pistol in the winter this is my summer gun

1ACFE0AB-FDD2-49FE-AB2E-3B7CB186675C.jpeg 1B76617F-8CA6-4ACA-BA42-9A636C62D874.jpeg 899E4E3E-C518-4D1A-A28A-390D982BDFFC.jpeg

Thanks for all the responses so far! Lots of great suggestions, now the difficult part is finding one of them in stock lol...

I now remember holding a friend's LCP and was surprised how tiny it was. I didn't understand the point at the time, but now I do.
1-handgunhero-ruger-lc9s-vs-ruger-lcp-ii-out.png

BTW, meant to say I have the S&W Shield 2.0... I love it, maybe I need to look into a lower ride IWB.

-Robert

The Ruger LC9s is my pocket carry, but I have been carrying a Sig P365xl IWB since last years Summer of Love.

If you want more capacity with the same height and length as the LC9s, try a Ruger Max-9.

rugers.JPG

I have a S&W 2.0, have handled an LC9s, G43, and P365... is there anything a little smaller that would fit better for pocket carry in jeans or shorts?

Currently have an IWB holster, but not comfy when sitting in the car (truck is fine). Also have a Sticky holster for pocket, but it's fairly bulky in front pocket. Looking to go smaller.

Prefer 9mm, but maybe .22 is the way to go?

-Robert
i had an lcp but trigger guard a bit small and would kill my trigger finger after a few rounds. Sold it and bought a Taurus Spectrum. I love the way it shoots. I have never had a misfire or malfunction since the first magazine( 3 failure to feeds). since then probably 500 tounds without a failure. i carry it iwb at about 8 oclock. i am left handed. it is comfortable sitting, riding, standing. I forget it is even there. And the trigger guard is big enough for my finger.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top