JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm thinking a 75 pound unit will be too heavy to haul around?
It would be awkward to pull out of an RV storage compartment.
I have one (2800) on the jobsite and 1 guy can handle it but one like under the link would be nicer to deal with.
Note the 30A plug.
Honda EU2000i Companion Model Info | 2000 Watt Inverter Generator | Honda Generators

Edit:
Its primary duty sounds like it will be for the RV.
Buy smart.
Figure the load that the RV will need and buy accordingly.
For example, the generator I linked may not be able to run an air conditioner plus other accessories.

Last Edited:
You are always better up-sizing when it comes to generators. The cost per Kw to up-size is worth it. You will at least want to size correctly (like DirectDrive stated), if you don't you will not be happy with your decision. Another consideration, if you under size your generator, you run the risk of damaging your electric equipment. Electric motors I believe take something like 2 1/2 times more (maybe a bit more) than the rated wattage to start/spin up, so that will be a consideration.

Yep, you can buy lighter, but roughly 50 pounds for a 2000w inverter, it will not power most A/C's.

canvas.png

If ya don't need to power an air conditioner, the screaming deal is the Champion 2000w inverter, at roughly $450. I have one, and it's great. The Honda 2000w inverter is great too, but it's $950.

The next option is buying TWO 2000w inverters, pairing them, and then you can power an RV air conditioner. And at 50 pounds each, a feller can still move them around.

Champions are decent for the money. Just make sure if you go that route buy an inverter series for cleaner power and quieter. Honda's are definitely the best and the quietest. The eu2000i runs at 54db and the Champions aren't too far behind starting at about 58db. 2000 watts isn't enough to fire a 13,500 BTU AC. It CAN be done sometimes but it's pretty rough on the AC and the generator.

I have a Honda EU2000. With "only" 2000 watts, you won't be running A/C units or multiple high load items at the same time, but if you pay attention to what you are running off of it simultaneously, you can do a lot with a little.
It's small enough to be lugged around and will run for quite a while on a gallon of gas.
Also, it's pretty quiet.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top