JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Vote for your favorite 22lr target pistol and give your reasons why....

• Ruger MKII

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Ruger MKIII

Votes: 29 19.3%
  • Ruger MKIV

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • Browning Buckmark

Votes: 22 14.7%
  • High Standard

Votes: 13 8.7%
  • Other

Votes: 50 33.3%

• Total voters
My 'Other' vote is a revolver- a 1958 Colt Frontier Scout that I got last spring. Love shooting this gun! I reeled a target out to 25 yards just for giggles- but my jaw hit the floor when I reeled it in:
6SBeBGt.jpg
Oh yeah. Flyer and all, that's a keeper.

It looks like I struck a cord with the Model 41 and as I said it's my favorite. Not that it's the only .22 Rimfire that I own because I do have Colts and Rugers and a Walther. It's just that it's my first love, you might say!

...It has over 5000 rounds through it and the only malfunctions have been the occasional bad ammo; which required a second strike to fire in most cases...
From a Pistolsmithing standpoint, I'd have to say that if your Ammo went off the second time it most likely would have gone off the first time if the Pistol hadn't been caked with crud and the Ammo had been allowed to seat itself properly. Of course, this is just my own opinion backed up with a fair amount of experience.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

A clean Gun is a HAPPY:D:D:D Gun!!!

Years ago I had a Colt 22 Scout that was amazingly accurate at 25 yards. It was a nickled 5 1/2" version that the front sight was slightly leaning to the right. My gunsmith talked me into him rotating the barrel a couple degrees to make it appear straight.

Dang thing lost it's accuracy edge & never was as sharp a group after that.

Getting into the bottom stuffer 22LR with great trigger and easy to clean, my nomination is the High Standard Citation class. The company traded competitive honors for decades back & forth with S&W 41 & Colt Target Woodman, and finally folded in the early 1980s IIRC. Sorry to see them go.

I actually shot my best 50' bulls eye target ever in the 'fast fire' portion of one of the matches with the HS 10x high end pistol....Got a 98/4X back when I could actually see the X ring. These days I barely make out the target hanging at 50'.

The ease of cleaning has yet to be improved upon, I really liked the slick action/timing of the slide. The trigger was as good as I ever needed, although the upward end fancy Italian/Romanian/Russian Olympic stuff was quite impressive.

One of my "favorite 22 stories" was when I traded a load of fire wood, a 1958 1 ton Chevy farm truck and 2 High Standard match pistols for an impressive pile o'green on an office building down payment. That REALLY hit the X ring!!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top