JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Vote for your favorite 22lr target pistol and give your reasons why....

• Ruger MKII

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Ruger MKIII

Votes: 29 19.3%
  • Ruger MKIV

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • Browning Buckmark

Votes: 22 14.7%
  • High Standard

Votes: 13 8.7%
  • Other

Votes: 50 33.3%

• Total voters
Reactions
I know it's been done before, but I didn't find it in the recent threads. I don't know about you guys, but I really like most all 22lr pistols, but I'm wanting to find out which one you value the most out of all of them. Please feel free to give reasons why you prefer one over the other. Not looking to turn this into a pizzing contest or anything, as we all know there are some fine 22lr pistols out there. There may even be some new ones out there like the S&W Victory SW22 that you may like. Have you guys found any to be more accurate than the others? If you like a certain gen of Ruger let us know. I am especially fond of the Ruger mkII target pistols myself, but that may not be you. Let's hear about it. Don't be shy. Post photo's of your favorites and the groups you have shot with them if you want. I'm looking for some good feedback here. Thanks guys...

The Mark4 might change the whole market, but I chose the Buckmark because the takedown is so much easier than the older Rugers. Also because changing barrels doesn't require an FFL. Mags are awesome, too!

Awesome post Chris. Thanks for starting us off on the right foot... I grew up with a Buckmark in the family. My dad bought his back in 1984 (I believe). Excellent pistols with very good triggers and damn accurate with great looks. Hard not to like them...

I put Other beacause I have a Ruger Standard I've been shooting for 36 years.

My next will be a Mark 4 hunter or competition.

I loves me some .22lr shooting.:rolleyes:

Me too Joe. I just bought a new to me slab side competition target MKII yesterday. Been too dang windy to try it out though.. This one looks like new and is stainless. Hey, those MKI standards are damn nice too. I sold a MKI target last year, that was made the same year I was. That thing was a shooter. I should have hung on to that one....!!!:(

Browning Nomad!

th?id=OIP.QrYNKlHXn-ZUDYsldQNWBQEsDh&w=235&h=160&c=7&qlt=90&o=4&dpr=1.5&pid=1.7.jpg

th?id=OIP.i5vgq9mS5KuKUigIpXzLlAEsC5&w=237&h=160&c=7&qlt=90&o=4&dpr=1.5&pid=1.7.jpg

Voted Ruger Mark III, as that's what's left... Unfortunately, sold my K-22 Masterpiece years ago, one of a few that I've regretted ever selling...

Along with an '85 vintage BHP... And a S&W 6" Highway Patrolman which had been tuned...

Sigh.... I need another beer now that I've made myself sad...

Not a pistol but a revolver.
My H&R 649 .22LR /.22 magnum revolver.
It was a gift from Dad on my 13th birthday.
Shot many a can , shotshell and few rabbits and squirrels along the way with it.
I still have it and need to start shooting it some more...
Andy

Nice pistol hondacrguy. I was checking those out the other day. I almost bought one, but had to do more research, and then ran across a mkII competition for less money.

Tough to choose between the High Standard Victor and the S&W M41 but in truth the High Standard Trophy with the can and the Burris Fastfire sees the most usage lately. ;) Owned all three of these for 30 years or so. IMHO....nothing made today can compare with these old school gems.

PC170016-1.jpg

PC170026-1.jpg

PB130740-1.jpg

Take a Ruger MkIII for the magazine release where it ought to be, replace the hammer bushing with a MkII one to get rid of the F'ed up magazine safety, and make a plug for the unsightly and useless loaded chamber indicator slot and then do some judicious filing and stoning on the hammer and sear and you have a mighty fine target pistol.

WP_20160710_004.jpg

Ruger MK II. I have a Surefire red dot on mine and it is very accurate (to the extent my old eyes allow). The reassembly is a PIA but it doesn't have a magazine disconnect which is probably the only reason I won't get the new MK IV.

I get grumpy about dubious safety features which manufacturers foist on us such as the magazine disconnect and that godawful safety keyhole in the side plate of Smith & Wesson revolvers.:mad:

Take a Ruger MkIII for the magazine release where it ought to be, replace the hammer bushing with a MkII one to get rid of the F'ed up magazine safety, and make a plug for the unsightly and useless loaded chamber indicator slot and then do some judicious filing and stoning on the hammer and sear and you have a mighty fine target pistol.

View attachment 360358
Basically, you're saying don't worry about the mag release and buy as old of a Ruger as you can!

Good time for this thread.
I have Grandpa's Ruger Standard 22. If all guns shot like this there would be no need for the "target" name or adjustable sights.
My grandson and I shot it some this weekend.
It's the best shooting handgun I've ever shot.

I had to vote "other" because there were tack driving 22 handguns before the Ruger MKII, and I happen to have one.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top