JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Vote for your favorite 22lr target pistol and give your reasons why....

• Ruger MKII

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Ruger MKIII

Votes: 29 19.3%
  • Ruger MKIV

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • Browning Buckmark

Votes: 22 14.7%
  • High Standard

Votes: 13 8.7%
  • Other

Votes: 50 33.3%

• Total voters
The grips are not original. I believe they are 1967 grips because of the "neck feather". I do have the original grips safely tucked away.
Because of this gun I've never kept any other 22 handgun, including the Ruger Competetion Target MkII I had. When you start out with a gun that's more accurate than the shooter, you can't help but love it. When Grandpa bought it as a "cheap" replacement for his long gone Colt, he lived at the place I shoot it. Grandpa died when I was about 6, but he left me some good memories and some really cool stuff. Dad graciously left it in my possession probably 20 years ago. This IS my favorite handgun.

Standard.jpg

I picked other.

I think I prefer my SR22 only slightly more than my M&P 22 when I'm shooting suppressed. Other times I'm in the mood for some slow shooting and then I prefer my Ruger Single Six.

I also have a Browning Buckmark which is a nice gun, but it doesn't suppress quite as well as the other two already mentioned.

I like Buckmark over Ruger as it's easier to take down and I prefer the looks over the Ruger. However, if I were going to buy one right now I would take a very hard look at the S&W Victory. 22 Plinkster has a couple reviews up that are very compelling.

I have owned at least one of each on the OP list, but would still pick the H.S. H.D. targets any day. Still have two of them and they are stunningly accurate. One was a "kit" that came with three barrels and a missing forth slot in the box (suppressor) it's probably really rare, but I don't care, I still shoot the crap out of it!
View attachment 360664

I miss my HS HD's. Keep wishing I had kept at least one. I still find myself looking at them now and then and tempting myself to buy one again even at the price they go for now. :confused:

Getting my azz whipped at the bowling pin shoots yesterday, reminds me that I need to practice A LOT more. Ha ha... Very nice pistols guys. Thanks for sharing!!!!! I like the stories too...

I like Buckmark over Ruger as it's easier to take down and I prefer the looks over the Ruger. However, if I were going to buy one right now I would take a very hard look at the S&W Victory. 22 Plinkster has a couple reviews up that are very compelling.
I love my Victory. It fits me well and the fiber optic sights really pop. Very smooth trigger.

Favorites :

Target = S&W 41
Plinker = Walther P22
Revolver = S&W M18

Nope, I've never owned a Ruger Mk whatever.

But OK, for me, Ruger 10/22s are great for play and target. And certainly, I don't mean bone stock 10/22s. Or at least, mine don't stay that way very long. Not to mention, that my family of 10/22s seems to expand. Though, with the new registration laws.....well, not so much now.

F@^*n' B.S. background checks, FFL recording sales and all that.

Aloha, Mark

I have others but the 22's are pretty much all I shoot anymore. I shoot for the Portland Bullseye Team and we're the number one team in the western US this year. We'd love to have more shooters for the team.

Since most people aren't familiar with the high end pistols used for target shooting (I know I wasn't before I started) I thought I'd show some of the ones I've competed with and the one I'm still shooting now - the Pardini.

Walter GSP was nice:

i-TDjW86C-XL.jpg

The Hammerli 208 was also nice but finicky about ammo:

i-dhdXs73-XL.jpg

But the best target Pistol, by far, is the Pardini SP22. No question. Reliable, perfect trigger and accurate beyond words.

i-SgmFwcR-XL.jpg
This is 10 shots, 50' offhand. Best target to date.
i-8vQjLp5-XL.jpg

Gregor

Awesome shooting Gregor. Cool pistols too. Thanks a bunch for sharing your experience here. I love the target pics too!!!!!!!! Well, it looks like "other" wins out over the Browning Buckmark and the Ruger MKIII, which were running neck in neck for a long while here in this thread. I appreciate you guys participating and having fun with me. Like I said before, I enjoy them all and love to get out there and shoot. Enjoy life guys and be safe....

Rimfire! Learned to shoot pistols with a Ruger Mk 2, 5.5" bull barrel.
I coach new shooters that the best way to improve your pistol skills is a
good target 22 pistol. Learn the basics minus recoil.:D:D
My 22 pistols. Including my grandfather's Colt.
DSC00117.JPG

Does it count before or after screaming, yelling and throwing my stock Sig Mosquito against the wall? If before, then another handgun. If after, then it has to be my VERY tuned up and NOW 100% reliable, (?) Sig Mosquito pistol. When the Elite Iron Echo 6 inch can is included things get very quiet.

You see and hear the hammer dropping. Then a quiet "POP". Then the slide cycling and then a "THUD" when the Cheapo Winchester Wildcat slug hits something solid. Repeat often. Much fun. But it was a long and difficult path to achieve the perfect function. Consider it a patient hobby endeavor.

All Oregon State, US Code Laws And NFA Rules Apply.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top