JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I didn't know Fred Meyer sold guns, but even if ours here in Tillamook did (They don't) I wouldn't buy one from them, since now I know they are union. I go out of my way to avoid supporting unions after all the thousands of dollars they took out of my pay checks and gave to anti gun liberal politicians.

Thanks for letting me know they are union at Freddies, I'll take my business elsewhere. I wish I could express my hatred for unions.

What kind of selection does Fred Meyers have? Hand guns? Rifles? High or low end stuff?

Looked like they had Henry,Glock, S&W, Ruger, Springfield Armory, Tikka, Marlin, Remington, and Winchester on hand. XDm, LCP, M&P, several revolvers, Ruger Mark ? .22 pistols, mini-14, etc. They can special order everything but Sig. They also have leupold rangefinders, don't know about scopes, and will be carrying crimson trace, but didn't have any in stock yet. Also they have some higher end fishing reels and binoculars. This is all from memory so don't shoot me if I have some of it wrong. There ammo selection is very limited, and no reloading stuff yet. Hope that helps.

I didn't know Fred Meyer sold guns, but even if ours here in Tillamook did (They don't) I wouldn't buy one from them, since now I know they are union. I go out of my way to avoid supporting unions after all the thousands of dollars they took out of my pay checks and gave to anti gun liberal politicians.

Thanks for letting me know they are union at Freddies, I'll take my business elsewhere. I wish I could express my hatred for unions.

They didnt "take" any money out of your paychecks.

You made a choice....to accept a union job that carried with it a requirement to pay dues in exchange for higher wages and benefits. Nobody forced you to take the job, and nobody forced you to keep it. You weren't a victim.

Less than 15% of the jobs in this country are union. If membership in a union is incompatible with your personal beliefs, you should consider pursuing career opportunities with employers such as Wal-mart, McDonalds, or Burger King that will provide you with the opportunity to reap the benefits of a union-free workplace.

They didnt "take" any money out of your paychecks.

You made a choice....to accept a union job that carried with it a requirement to pay dues in exchange for higher wages and benefits. Nobody forced you to take the job, and nobody forced you to keep it. You weren't a victim.

Less than 15% of the jobs in this country are union. If membership in a union is incompatible with your personal beliefs, you should consider pursuing career opportunities with employers such as Wal-mart, McDonalds, or Burger King that will provide you with the opportunity to reap the benefits of a union-free workplace.

Stuck a nerve? Well, so did they, so I quit. I would not still be working at a job so worthless that I would feel the need to explain it to you on here.

They have an excessively high employment turnover rate, I saw it over and over again. Sure, tell me it isn't because of the useless wages and terrible treatment by the unions. I wrote them, I called them, and I never heard back. I made 5 cents over minimum wage. Useless. I already explained my position. The union was so bloated, the ones they were meant to protect were the ones they were scraping for money.

Yes, I do reap the benefits of a union-free lifestyle, but that doesn't mean I fight them. I just don't need them, personally. To guilt me, and make it sound like I am in dire need of their help or owe them something is ridiculous and absurd. I've got a problem with Fred Meyer's union, stop trying to attack me for this.

The country was built with unions, but modern unions don't exactly look anything like their historical counterparts. I learned that at Fred Meyer.

You're not helping yourself by ganging up on me, it just makes your points look worse...

I'm perfectly confident in my positions, and I know that I haven't said anything unjustified, accusatory, or even out of subject to any of you union supporters..:s0077::s0161:

I just donated money to a petition drive, after signing the petition of course, to help Steve Forbes show congressional representatives that we the people do not want Mr. Obama to continue his pro union card check activities.

This administration owes the union mafia big time and is willing to subvert American concepts like the secret ballot to pay them back. Unions donated 1 billion dollars to get their corrupt politicians in office and they expect a payback.

The card check legislation allows union thugs to see how other employees vote on whether or not they want the union, naturally if the thugs see that you don't want their mafia in place they can break your legs, as they are well known for doing, or any level of intimidation below that. Intimidation is one of the tools of a bully, and the union mafia is very good at bullying.

I understand that you union workers have been deceived by your unions, but your responsibility is to stop supporting those who lie to you and start supporting American concepts like the secret ballot.
The best thing is to get out of unions as soon as possible, remember, they give money to the same politicians that hate the second amendment! By supporting a union at any level you support those who wish to take away our rights!

I'm in a trade union, and speaking for myself and more than a few other local members we DESPISE this card-check scheme... the secret ballot is an American tradition that should be protected as much as our Constitutional rights... and the VAST, VAST majority of the members in my local union are avid hunters, and outdoorsmen(women) who wouldn't stand for 2nd Amendmet infringments... I'm not saying we don't have sold-out pundits on the extreme left mind you...

I'm perfectly confident in my positions, and I know that I haven't said anything unjustified, accusatory, or even out of subject to any of you union supporters..:s0077::s0161:

You are perfectly entitled to your opinion of unions, and I support your right to express your opinion whether I agree with it or not.

I think, however, that your "union scum" comment was just a bit over the top. You would do well to remember that you are referring to human beings, most of whom want nothing more than to earn a living wage to support their families with.

I choose to do all of my shopping at Fred Meyer. The company provides a decent wage and benefits to its people, the store itself is clean and well-stocked, and they are selling guns now also. Whats not to like?

Wow.....a gun thread turned union witch hunt.

Anyways....Fred Meyers is handing out coupons at the show for $30 off of handguns and $50 dollars off of shotguns/rifles.

You do get reward points off of the purchase for gas discounts and rebate $'s. You can use existing rebate certificates, gift cards from the holidays, employee discounts (if your family or you work there(15% off)) and senior discounts (10% off first Tuesday of each month (55 or older)). All of these can be combined and can be used in conjunction with current ad discounts.

If you know how to work the system and pay attention you can get huge discounts. I bought a XDM-9 right when the Scappoose location started selling guns in November. After the ad price and some other discounts I ended up with a brand new weapon at around $450 and that is not including the money from rebates and fuel discounts I saved on later. Could probably have saved me another $10 or so?

Try to find that deal anywhere. I went to the sportsman show and picked up the coupons. Going to get a new 10/22 in that camo pattern and I will be in the low $100 range after the coupons, discounts and reward rebates I just received the other day.

I kinda' feel guilty like I'm robbing them or something......:(....no, not really!:D

As far as the local 555 union is concerned.....personally I have had terrible personal stories about them. My father was a union merchant marine and we were raised on union dollars. Not going to bash unions, but local 555 is pathetic and they are just another business willing to walk on there members backs to stay afloat.

You can't bash Fred Meyer for being union.....these were voted in by their members. I thing you should applaud a company that is willing to allow choice within their walls. Look at what Walmart does to keep unions out. There are Fred Meyer stores that are not union by choice. Search out those locations if local 555 bothers you that much.

Back onto the gun subject....Fred Meyers has a huge catalog filled with weapons of all types including black powder, ar's, tons of handguns, etc... They made a bold move bringing the lower 48 stores back online politically. They have plans for around 30 locations in Washington, Idaho, Oregon. They have had some very vocal anti-gun protesters threating them. We need to show our support, give them some business so that they know they made the right decisions.

At the very least an email to the Fred Meyer headquarters would be worthwhile to show support even if you refuse to shop there.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top