JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Terrible !!!

IMG_20170102_160624.jpg

This was a control issue. They were playing around in the wrong manner. If they hadn't had the dog long,they obviously didn't take control of the dog.
It's best to have some experience with dogs before you get a pit puppy. "Rescuing" a full grown pit can be an adventure for a seasoned pit owner let alone a novice.
And pictures of docile pits are so funny,cause the owners that post them know for a fact that is not the norm
Those are the pics that get bleeding hearts to "rescue" pits that they never will be able to control.
I put rescue in parentheses because it isn't always a "rescue " when the dog doesn't have a good life with a new owner that can't handle the dog.

Lmao, a predominantly redneck sight talking about little dogs in sweaters. This is rich.
I had a rescue pit for a year or two. His previous owners I believe were abusive. He was also tossed around on craigslist like we do a 3rd gen G17. I honestly believe its not the bread but the owner. You know how people kill people and not guns? Same thing. The dogs name was Scarface for crying out loud. At any rate he(my dog) was the kindest soul you can imagine. Pits are amazing family dogs but not so hot with strangers. One day he was pushed to his limits and snapped. I was not willing to take a chance with children in my house so he's no longer with us.

Usually I side with dogs over people in stories like this. Dogs are dogs and react to their situation, regardless of breed. People are the idiots that put them in the circumstances where the dogs react.

I have a pre-owned Pit but I wouldn't consider myself a Pit lover or breed advocate. She's great with "her" people. She also seems to like female strangers and is very gentle and patient with kids as well. However, she goes crazy-eyed psycho with most unfamiliar men, especially tall men in hats. Therefore, she is watched VERY closely. I'm not sure what went on in her past but I don't want to put her in a situation where she'll get herself in trouble or hurt anyone. I don't necessarily think her behavior is a breed issue but only an idiot would deny that Pits are built to fight and win. They are also stubborn, focused, unrelenting, reactive, and not known to be thinkers. I wouldn't advise trying to put a sweater on her.

Sorry, but when the dog... any dog, loses control and bites its handler/owner, it has to go. It is a dog, not a human. There are limits to compassion. Turning on its owner breaches the limits of propriety. At this point, the dog must be put down. It isn't safe to have around people. Sorry, Fido has to go... permanently.

Last Edited:
Sorry, but when the dog... any dog, loses control and bites its handler/owner, it has to go. It is a dog, not a human. There are limits to compassion. Turning on its owner breaches the limits of propriety. At this point, the dog must be put down. It isn't safe to have around people. Sorry, Fido has to go... permanently.

Showing a picture of my Staffordshire Terrier was only showing the temperament of my dog. I disagree with any dog that bites it's handler should be put down. Watch Cesar the Dog Wisperer. He deals w biters of all breeds and is usually an easy fix for him. He trains Humans and rehabilitates Dogs. I mostly hate the bad rap these dogs get. Are we supposed to hate the English bull terrier, the American pit bull terrier, or the Staffordshire terrier. They are all a mix of Bulldog, Terrier and in the American the Bullmastiff . It's the people that create bad dogs of any breed.

Last Edited:
Showing a picture of my Staffordshire Terrier was only showing the temperament of my dog. I disagree with any dog that bites it's handler should be put down. Watch Cesar the Dog Whisperer. He deals w biters of all breeds and is usually an easy fix for him. He trains Humans and rehabilitates Dogs. I mostly hate the bad rap these dogs get. Are we supposed to hate the English bull terrier, the American pit bull terrier, or the Staffordshire terrier. They are all a mix of Bulldog, Terrier and in the American the Bullmastiff . It's the people that create bad dogs of any breed.

Did I mention breed? No. Dogs can be replaced. Too many people anthropomorphize (psychologically transfer human attributes to animals). They are rational, thinking creatures. I agree. They can gain both good and bad ingrained habits. The question is the danger to your family while "reprogramming" or retraining the animal. Do you want to take the risk of severe injury to either children or grandchildren?

Pets are an important part of our lives, but they can be replaced. Can you replace your loved one because a favorite pet had a "lapse in training/disposition"? Fido, Rover or whatever you want to call him may have a special place in your heart, but is it worth risking your life and health or those of your loved ones? The answer should be clear. Humans are worth more than animals. While you may value your pet, the authorities are going to view it differently when someone has been either injured or killed in an incident.

You may not like it, but that is life.

Last Edited:
I agree captain o. Any animal that's a threat to you or your family is not good. Some people have no common sense when it comes to animals, dogs , cats, mad cows ECT., Common sense ain't so common.

The problem with animals that bite, especially animals that are bred to be "game" are especially unpredictable. Compassion is great, but the authorities may charge you with criminal negligence if your dog injures anyone!

I, for one, will not assume the risk of going to jail, or prison, because my dog "snapped" and mauled either a child or innocent adult.

If this is the case, the doggie has to stop breathing. The risk is far too great.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews