JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If I was a dog and some one tried to put a sweater on me I would bite them. Dogs in Florida especially don't need sweaters.

Everyone knows pit bulls hate sweaters. They prefer muscle shirts and wife beaters :D

Tarded people doing tarded people things expecting non-tarded outcomes - it's the 'murican way!

I wonder if the idiot humans learned anything from this, like, don't try putting human type clothing on a dog...

I have my long haired dog shaved down to naked because he is inside a car or the house 99% of the time and because it takes it from 60-90 min to dry him after a shower to 10-15 min, so he has to have something to keep warm when we do go for walks etc so I put dog "clothes" on him (made for dogs with velcro to make it easy to get on and off) and it keeps him warm.

I also have what I would call hoodies on him that go over the neck and front feet that he lives in sometimes like this week when it's cold. (One says "I Bite" and the writing glows, the other has a skull on the back of a black one - gotta give him some dignity:p:D).

I do not dress him up in holiday garb or costumes like I see a lot of people doing.

I sure wouldn't try it with a rescue dog I'd had for 3 weeks... I'll put my face next to my dog's head (no licking, yuck...) but I've had him for 13 years and he knows better then to nip at me.

Flame away as needed;).

Never thought I'd like little dogs until my wife had to have one and he bonded to me so I started taking him with me to work and most places I go - sometime he gets to go in and sometimes he get left in the car if the weather is appropriate.:cool:

Our little guy Watson ( 8 LBS ) has a sweater or two.
The little dogs tend to get colder quicker and stay colder longer than big dogs.

We had a rescue Pit bull mix once ... She murdered* one of our cats.
I will never have another of that breed.

For those who like that breed ... I have no issue , just not a dog breed I care to try again.

* note , yes I chose that word deliberately.
Andy

Last Edited:
I have my long haired dog shaved down to naked because he is inside a car or the house 99% of the time and because it takes it from 60-90 min to dry him after a shower to 10-15 min, so he has to have something to keep warm when we do go for walks etc so I put dog "clothes" on him (made for dogs with velcro to make it easy to get on and off) and it keeps him warm.

I also have what I would call hoodies on him that go over the neck and front feet that he lives in sometimes like this week when it's cold. (One says "I Bite" and the writing glows, the other has a skull on the back of a black one - gotta give him some dignity:p:D).

I do not dress him up in holiday garb or costumes like I see a lot of people doing.

I sure wouldn't try it with a rescue dog I'd had for 3 weeks... I'll put my face next to my dog's head (no licking, yuck...) but I've had him for 13 years and he knows better then to nip at me.

Flame away as needed;).

Never thought I'd like little dogs until my wife had to have one and he bonded to me so I started taking him with me to work and most places I go - sometime he gets to go in and sometimes he get left in the car if the weather is appropriate.:cool:

We have coats for ours as well. We start them getting used to it when young. They have no fur and spend most of the time in the winter under some kind of cover. When it's bellow around 45 outside they get coats to go on a walk. When they see the coat coming it's hard to get on because they are so excited. They know the coat means walk time.
The idiots in the story obviously went too fast with a new dog that had unknown background.

Our little guy Watson has a sweater or two.
The little dogs tend to get colder quicker and stay colder longer than big dogs.

We had a rescue Pit bull mix once ... She murdered* one of our cats.
I will never have another of that breed.

For those who like that breed ... I have no issue , just not a dog breed I care to try again.

* note , yes I chose that word deliberately.
Andy

Sadly this breed was ruined by morons. Back long ago the Staffordshire was a GREAT family dog. Great with kids, great for protection. Many who started to move out in the country would get them to keep Coyotes at distance. The Coyotes were rightfully scared to come near them as they would be killed if they tried. The bangers and dog fighters doomed the breed. Every time I see one now I get nervous. Many are fine but many are a bomb waiting to go off. Every time one kills the owners stand there and claim the dog NEVER showed any aggression.

I'm not at all amused! The dog was freakin terrorized and stabbed in the head and neck! Too bad the useless swampabillies didn't receive the stab wounds.:mad:

Mines wearing his sweater now . He loves it in the cold weather. Loving loyal dog. Just a dog that's only as good as its owner. Hate to see them get a bad rap. Remember Pete from Little Rascals ? They used to be nanny dogs.

MY bully will put up with a lot but dressing him or trying to cut his nails would not go well. The key is to know your dog and some people are too damn dumb to do that and the dog will pay in the end.

I have never had a dog smaller than a cooker spaniel hence I know nothing about them if I was to put a sweater on my McNabb it would not be well received. I have seen him on a hike lay down in a mud puddle that had ice floating in it. My dogs like many others is a member of the family and is treated better than many people but regardless of how much I treat him like a human he still wants to be a dog and I can respect that.

Not a fan of pits but I have to 'side' with the dog on this one. Idiotic people - lets see, a sweater on a dog in FL and a pitbull you have only had a couple weeks? This is my favorite part however:
All three were able to escape into the house, while the dog remained in the backyard.
This is right up there with the people who retreated into a room (in Portland I believe) because of a crazy cat 'attacking' them!

Last Edited:
Also not a fan of pit bulls... I've been bitten by a neighbors pitty who was "just the friendliest dog and would never hurt a fly". My transgression was parking my car and then getting out. One of my granddaughters wanted to get one but I said I would have a big problem if my greatgrandkids got attacked. Not a fan of German Shepards either... been bitten twice by strange dogs while minding my own biz.

But a sweater on a pitty? Ohhhh, man. If I were a dog I would pee on their Nikes for just thinking it!!! When was the last time you saw a sweater, or lipstick, on a German Shepard or a Rottie? Sheesh, give a bad*ss dog some respect!!

I have had two smallish rescue dogs. The latest is from the San Fernando Valley and was one of a group of rescue dogs flown to Eugene. She is a MaltiPoo and shivers a lot in the wintertime. We put sweaters on her when we go out briefly, never leaving her in a cold or hot car, but she really doesn't like it. Just takes the spunk right out of her and you can tell she is embarrassed.

Do small dogs bite? Oh yeah, but it won't kill ya.

BTW, I'm siding with the pit bull that got stabbed as a result of human stupidity.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads