JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm just curious because I would have opted to put a VFG on my rifle but after seeing this I went with a handstop just for legality purposes.
If its an actual rifle its fine. Only an issue on pistols.

Fun fact, ATF said it has to be a 90 degree angle to be a vertical foregrip, but there are VFGs that aren't a 90 degree angle. But ATF would say no. The famous government consistency, right?

View attachment 804176
Pistols. Not rifles.
The debate was based on length of pistols over 26"

PCC
  • Pistol
  • Caliber
  • Carbine

Does not specify length
A PPC is a pistol caliber RIFLE, though most will equate a PCC to any pistol caliber platform not looking like a traditional pistol.
A Carbine by definition is a 16" barrel ~ish. 16" barrel puts it at a rifle.
Now I'm curious to see what a pistol over 26" looks like! Lol

Seems silly to have a vertical foregrip on a pistol in the first place lol

Stand by.......

Z43-P Pistol.jpg

I have one of these. Z43-P which is a licensed copy of the HK 33K They were imported as a pistol to get around the GHWB 1989 import ban on "non-sporting rifles". End users submit a Form 1 and add the shoulder stocks after approval.

-E-

Edit...I was just reminded by a friend that I'm "a little short" of 26". 23.3" to be exact.

Last Edited:
Plenty of braced ARs that fit that definition :rolleyes:

The 26" OAL "rule" is only in the case of what the ATF defines as "concealable" for AOWs and by association, pistols/handguns :rolleyes:

Understand however.. its measured with the brace removed or fully collapsed in the case of the buffer tubes.

Edit. What the ATF has ruled and consistently so.. is that if a "pistol" is over 26" overall length, it is not an AOW, and is not considered a "rifle" if the braced firearm is not designed to be fired from the shoulder

However, in one of the definitions, it can defined as a "Firearm" under the NFA.. if the ATF and House/Senate decrees that all AR receivers are "rifle receivers", with retroactive/no-grandfathering clause :confused:

Stand by.......

View attachment 804182

I have one of these. Z43-P which is a licensed copy of the HK 33K They were imported as a pistol to get around the GHWB 1989 import ban on "non-sporting rifles". End users submit a Form 1 and add the shoulder stocks after approval.

-E-

Edit...I was just reminded by a friend that I'm "a little short" of 26". 23.3" to be exact.
Interesting! At first glance you wouldn't put this into the pistol category! That's a good looking piece for sure!

Supposedly any firearm under 26" which most PCC's are
I'm not sure that's correct. For the federal rule, last I checked, an SBR is a rifle with a barrel shorter than 16" and/or an overall length of less than 26" with the stock fully extended. My Tavor x95 needed a few odd mods before it could be imported as a carbine, including a spacer in the buttstock to get the OAL up. Why they didn't just make a 17" barrel when they already had to make a longer barrel to replace the 13 with has always been a mystery to me.

The CA rule (again, AFAIK) is 30" and the shortest fireable configuration. I'm not in CA.

If your carbine is legal, AFAIK it's perfectly OK to put a VFG on it, and if it's a legal SBR, it's still legal to put a VFG on it. Pistols cannot have a VFG, AFAIK.

Perhaps I'm too much of a WWII fanboy but modern pistol caliber carbines look terrible. Beyond the classic lever actions or WWII firearms the choices available are something out of a 1950s Sci-Fi movie or a boring copy of an AR type platform.

Examples:
Beretta CX4-Storm
Hi-Point Carbine
CMMG Resolute
Just Right Carbine
Vector Gen II
IVI Tavor
Ruger PC Carbine

I've fired a few of these and they are actually pretty fun. But aesthetically, I think they look like ridiculous Sci-Fi guns.

Maybe I should start a company that makes M3 Grease gun repos to compete with these carbines.

What are your thoughts?
Not a grease gun.:(
How about something comfortable to shoot that is accurate past spitting distance.:s0092:

So...What's wrong with bringing back the original M1 Carbine ?:s0092:

Other than it is illegal to hunt anything other than varmints with it in most states. 16 gr. of 2400 and a Speer Half jacket did everything I asked of it.:s0023:

I like the old school PPC look and the new space gun look. Probably my all-time favorite is the MP5. Big fan of the Scorpion and the MPX and a lot of similar guns. But what I'd really like to see is an affordable remake of the the PPSH-41 in 9mm. It's pretty and homely all at once. Like me. :D

Plenty of braced ARs that fit that definition :rolleyes:

The 26" OAL "rule" is only in the case of what the ATF defines as "concealable" for AOWs and by association, pistols/handguns :rolleyes:

Understand however.. its measured with the brace removed or fully collapsed in the case of the buffer tubes.

Edit. What the ATF has ruled and consistently so.. is that if a "pistol" is over 26" overall length, it is not an AOW, and is not considered a "rifle" if the braced firearm is not designed to be fired from the shoulder

However, in one of the definitions, it can defined as a "Firearm" under the NFA.. if the ATF and House/Senate decrees that all AR receivers are "rifle receivers", with retroactive/no-grandfathering clause :confused:
This is my understanding from way back. If your pistol is over 26" in length, fully extended or unfolded, it is a Firearm, and therefor can have a VFG. But don't take my word for it.

My 2 current favorite PCCs I own are my PPSh in the one true 7.62x25 and my DI AR in 7.62x25. The AR is close to getting a SBR stamp and being chopped to about 8".

Hopefully I'll start my Suomi M31 build and have that as a PCC soon.

In the end, I have yet to have anyone not enjoy trigger time behind one of my PCC's, especially when suppressed. Almost all hand the PCC back with a big ear to ear grin on their face.

Looked at them, shot them, still don't want one. And no, a suppressor will not change my mind, I find them to be a waste of money.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top