JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
He's gotten away with it repeatedly, but that's not how the rule reads and only works if you only travel back and forth to a single location repeatedly throughout the year.

The fact that they don't pay close attention to what you put on the form and rubber stamp it doesn't necessarily mean it's going to fly with the authorities if it's ever brought under scrutiny.

Can't believe everything you read on the internet. 🤣
Do I have to post the pic of my approved form 5320.20 for the entire state of Washington again?

If it falls... they got at least 4 months of frenzied owners running scared registered anyway and once it's an SBR... it will always be a regitered SBR. No take-back-sees. Voluntarily Registered/controlled not by law, but by choice.
As I understand their rules/laws - no, you can go from SBR to legal length rifle any time you want to - back and forth as you see fit.

But of course, you are referring to pistols <-> SBR and in that sense, you are correct.

I don't have any pistols with braces, only a Shockwave. But if I were to want to go the SBR route then this would be a good opportunity to do so.

I wonder if they will accept the same brace pictured next to every pistol I own. Lol.

Your filing for a free stamp or not filing for a free stamp doesn't change anything other than if you wait past 120 days you dont get a free stamp. You can pull a SBR off the registry any time you want. Its not a machinegun.
If the law is thrown out... you don't NEED a tax stamp period. Derrr....

If you honestly believe that you can simply erase an NFA item from a national database... I got a bridge for sale.🤣

Answer: Any individual possessing a "stabilizing brace" equipped firearm in his or her individual capacity as of the date the final rule is published in the Federal Register, who wants to register the firearm to a trust or other legal entity, must first register the firearm as an individual by submitting an eForm 1 within the 120-day tax forbearance period. Once the application is approved, an ATF Form 4 can be submitted to transfer the firearm from the individual to the trust or legal entity.
Just read this last one on the FAQ. There goes the plan for 50 SBR lowers in a separate trust for free.... The catch is that all free SBRs must be registered as individual (unless you can prove trust owned it before publication of the rule).

If the law has is thrown out... you don't NEED a tax stamp period. Derrr....

If you honestly believe that you can simply erase an NFA item from a national database... I got a bridge for sale.🤣
You will to put a stock on it . Der. Yes, you can take a SBR off the registry. Any time you want.

I wonder if they will accept the same brace pictured next to every pistol I own. Lol.
Has it been confirmed that a picture of the braced SBR is even required? I speed read the 293 pages of the Final Rule and have not yet found reference to that requirement.

Has anyone else found where this is written out?

-E-

Has it been confirmed that a picture of the braced SBR is even required? I speed read the 293 pages of the Final Rule and have not yet found reference to that requirement.

Has anyone else found where this is written out?

-E-
12. Line-Item train-stop a. Click Add Firearm button [...] xix. Optional documentation can be uploaded (e.g., photo of firearm with markings)

Like they know.
They will likely want to check them all . . .

now-serving-waiting-in-line.gif

That stamp free or otherwise makes it harder to conceal and keeps the public safer? Weird argument.
The benefit of this rule is preventing manufacturers and individuals from violating the requirements of the NFA and GCA. Congress placed stricter requirements on the making and possession of short-barreled rifles, deeming them to be dangerous and unusual weapons and posing a significant danger to the public, as discussed below. This rule enhances public safety by reducing the further proliferation and criminal use of firearms with attached "stabilizing braces."
Ohhhhhhh scary short barrels!!!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top