JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When I was a LOT younger I did play with stuff because I had the Desert to go play in too. Then I got married, started having a family, and decided that playing like that was not worth it. No one was going to see us where we went. I did not live a life that would have Police searching my home so they were not going to come in and find it. Al had not invented the net so I could not post pictures of the stuff even if I wanted too. Still I just decided it was not worth it so I started jumping through the damn hoops and paying for some stamps. For those who want to keep playing with the stuff knowing they are taking a risk? Matters not to me as adults are free to make adult choices. Only time I roll my eye's is when one of them does get in a jam over it and then takes to the net to cry and blame the "jack booted thugs" and such. :s0092:
To be clear, not complying with registration processes doesn't make the enforcement arm of the law any less "jack booted thugs."

The US government will arm people in other countries with stuff that they'd put Americans in jail over for having the same, and they take money from those same Americans to do it.

I'd like the amount of gun restrictions at the federal level that were in place when the bill of rights was written.

To be clear, not complying with registration processes doesn't make the enforcement arm of the law any less "jack booted thugs."

The US government will arm people in other countries with stuff that they'd put Americans in jail over for having the same, and they take money from those same Americans to do it.

I'd like the amount of gun restrictions at the federal level that were in place when the bill of rights was written.
To be clear I DO NOT like a LOT of the laws passed. I as an adult can make a choice. I know the law, I can choose to not own something I know is not legal, or I can choose to have something I know is not legal. If an adult makes the choice to have something they know is not legal they made that choice. Get in a jam? Crying about jackboots all they want. They still made a choice. :s0092:

On a different take that one did bring back some sad laughs. For many years I lived super close to an old rock quarry that was on public land. Nice dish shape, over 100ft high, perfect range. One big downside of course is often many would be there and it was up to you to stay safe. So after a few of use bought some stamps we often went there. The reaction to a LOT of other shooters was a sight to see. Many when we would see us let loose with F/A and race over to tell us that was NOT LEGAL. I would "try" to explain yes it was. There was a LARGE well known GS in town that was a Class III dealer. They did not for some reason advertise that they were. So to the ones who would race over I would mention the place and they had of course heard of them. I would tell them if they asked the shop would explain it to them and even show them stuff they had. A LOT would just loudly say I was full of crap. At that point I would say go away. No cell phones then. Often one would jump in their car to head for the nearest pay phone. Couple times a Deputy actually would roll in. Ask, nod, leave. The one who had called would be watching from a distance mouth wide open in shock. :s0092:
A few did light up when told, even ask to try and I am sure that shop should have given me a t shirt or something as I am sure I got them some extra business. It was both funny and sad though at how so many reacted to the "news" that (at that time) NFA including F/A was legal to own if done with approval.
I wasn't speaking of legal f/a guns, mostly Glocks with switches and shortened rifles with stocks

I wasn't speaking of legal f/a guns, mostly Glocks with switches and shortened rifles with stocks
The people who want to own NFA stuff illegally was what I was talking about before. People who choose to do this know they are doing it. They are adults, they are free to make adult choices. There is no doubt a TON of NFA stuff floating around no paper on. Those who make this choice are playing a dangerous little game. Many will go their entire life and never get in a jam. Some will land in a jam and I can't feel sorry for the adults who made the choice then get burned. I don't like these laws but again, adults and adult choices. I get real tired of excuses from those adults when they get in trouble. :s0092:

The people who want to own NFA stuff illegally was what I was talking about before. People who choose to do this know they are doing it. They are adults, they are free to make adult choices. There is no doubt a TON of NFA stuff floating around no paper on. Those who make this choice are playing a dangerous little game. Many will go their entire life and never get in a jam. Some will land in a jam and I can't feel sorry for the adults who made the choice then get burned. I don't like these laws but again, adults and adult choices. I get real tired of excuses from those adults when they get in trouble. :s0092:
I get the point you are making entirely, but imagine applying that same viewpoint to something like slavery; it used to be legal, so any runaway slave would've known they were breaking the law. However, all of us here would (hopefully) agree that they would've had a valid grievance against the law—that they knowingly broke—even when caught and held accountable.

When a law is clearly unjust and unconstitutional, it's a bit shortsighted to just dismiss grievances from the convicted as "excuses." Even if they are consciously breaking unconstitutional laws, the validity and value of their complaints should not be so callously ignored. At the end of the day, these are the people who could potentially spawn pivotal cases in which burdensome laws are overturned by the Supreme Court.

I get the point you are making entirely, but imagine applying that same viewpoint to something like slavery;
I am not talking about slavery. I am talking about gun laws that some choose to ignore. I do not like the laws but I follow them as there is a right way to fight them and a wrong way. Adults who choose to have NFA stuff with no stamps can make all kinds of excuses. When they get in a jam they did it to themselves. Adult choices come with adult consequences. I do not feel sorry for those who play stupid games and win stupid prizes.

I am not talking about slavery. I am talking about gun laws that some choose to ignore. I do not like the laws but I follow them as there is a right way to fight them and a wrong way. Adults who choose to have NFA stuff with no stamps can make all kinds of excuses. When they get in a jam they did it to themselves. Adult choices come with adult consequences. I do not feel sorry for those who play stupid games and win stupid prizes.
I'm fine with people violating the NFA so long as they don't do it around me and don't whine when they get caught.

I'm fine with people violating the NFA so long as they don't do it around me and don't whine when they get caught.
It does nothing to me when people want to play this stupid game and I am fine with it for the same reason. Don't bring that crap to my house or with me to shoot and they can do as they please. Also don't expect me to feel bad for them if they get their butt in a jam over it. Yes law is stupid but, ignoring it is NOT going to change it. Again play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Since you are reiterating the point I initially replied to, let me reiterate mine: apply your same thought process to other laws that are/were clearly unconstitutional or objectionable (such as slavery), and then consider whether or not "play stupid games win stupid prizes" is a very patriotic or freedom-supporting point of view.

Slave runs away, gets caught and whipped/lynched/shot=play stupid games win stupid prizes. It's this line of thinking—that when people willfully break laws they deserve no sympathy—that I find objectionable.

I am aware you aren't talking about slavery, I just find it to be a good example to demonstrate why, in my opinion, your way of thinking has flaws.

Since you are reiterating the point I initially replied to, let me reiterate mine: apply your same thought process to other laws that are/were clearly unconstitutional or objectionable (such as slavery), and then consider whether or not "play stupid games win stupid prizes" is a very patriotic or freedom-supporting point of view.

Slave runs away, gets caught and whipped/lynched/shot=play stupid games win stupid prizes. It's this line of thinking—that when people willfully break laws they deserve no sympathy—that I find objectionable.

I am aware you aren't talking about slavery, I just find it to be a good example to demonstrate why, in my opinion, your way of thinking has flaws.
If you want to poke the bear by all means, go for it. If you expect me to sympathize when the foreseeable happens, don't. It's not remotely the same as fleeing a life of slavery.

If you want to poke the bear by all means, go for it. If you expect me to sympathize when the foreseeable happens, don't. It's not remotely the same as fleeing a life of slavery.
I guess it's a matter of perspective then; I will always sympathize with people who are actually willing to poke the bear. Odds are in the next 15-20 years it will be required of us if we want to still enjoy our rights to the capacity enshrined in the Bill of Rights.

I am aware you aren't talking about slavery, I just find it to be a good example to demonstrate why, in my opinion, your way of thinking has flaws

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top