JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Slavery was constitutional.
If your take-away from my post was to open a discussion on slavery.... the boat sailed without you. :D
"Dont argue with someone who believes their own lies"
@Rkangel made some very valid points and you summed it up better than I ever could.

It's not necessary to repeat your "feelings" on the matter over and over again with increasing disdain for anyone that doesn't agree. You're absolutely free to believe what you will and I for one won't argue with you.:s0140:

If your take-away from my post was to open a discussion on slavery.... the boat sailed without you. :D

@Rkangel made some very valid points and you summed it up better than I ever could.

It's not necessary to repeat your "feelings" on the matter over and over again with increasing disdain for anyone that doesn't agree. You're absolutely free to believe what you will and I for one won't argue with you.:s0140:
You brought up slavery in the constitutional context.. The point is that the Constitution is not about whats right and wrong. Its about due process and what is written in the Constitution and interpreted in the courts. Its not a document meant to protect your feelings. Its a document meant to act as a framework for laws and to form our government. Laws get passed and run through the courts over long periods of time where they are honed and or ignored. In the case of the NFA the courts intentionally ran through cases that strengthened the governments position early on. Thats what we have now. Laws that are obviously unconstitutional but have had a hundred years worth of precedent under them and while you might have lower court judges snipping at them the ATF doesnt care about lower court rulings.
I have no disdain for anyone who thinks laws are going to change. Im only pointing out that the chance of that actually happening in todays political climate for the better as slim to non existent.

And yeah, I find virtue signaling to be repugnant in pretty much any context..

Last Edited:
You brought up slavery in the constitutional context.. The point is that the Constitution is not about whats right and wrong. Its about due process and what is written in the Constitution and interpreted in the courts. Its not a document meant to protect your feelings. Its a document meant to act as a framework for laws and to form our government. Laws get passed and run through the courts over long periods of time where they are honed and or ignored. In the case of the NFA the courts intentionally ran through cases that strengthened the governments position early on. Thats what we have now. Laws that are obviously unconstitutional but have had a hundred years worth of precedent under them and while you might have lower court judges snipping at them the ATF doesnt care about lower court rulings.
I have no disdain for anyone who thinks laws are going to change. Im only pointing out that the chance of that actually happening in todays political climate for the better as slim to non existent.

No where did I bring up slavery in a constitutional context. It was mentioned merely as one example of a long standing law comparable to the time frame (90 years) you mentioned. You read into it what you wanted to.

My last post, also, wasn't an invitation to further expand on your views... yet again. Quite the contrary.

1696525703798.png

Enjoy your day! :s0155:

No where did I bring up slavery in a constitutional context. It was mentioned merely as one example of a long standing law comparable to the time frame (90 years) you mentioned. You read into it what you wanted to.

My last post, also, wasn't an invitation to further expand on your views... yet again. Quite the contrary.

View attachment 1735384

Enjoy your day! :s0155:
I think you mistook me for someone who cared what you wanted

insufficient-trigger-warning.jpg

Meanwhile, I may spend my next $200 tax stamp fighting gun control and the NFA instead, just as many of us have been doing since long before pistol braces were a thing. If I also choose to buy another NFA item in the meantime, so be it. Neither the number of NFA (and non NFA items) I own, nor the the money and time I have spent supporting the 2A are something that need approval or validation from strangers the internet.

Well. Nowhere in the 2A does it say "arms except for this class or that type or hasn't been invented yet" :rolleyes:
100%

And while we are arguing amongst ourselves about whether or not pistol braces are a cheat, or how SBRs are superior, or the futility of fighting for change, the anti-gunners just have to sit back and watch us eat ourselves. And the 2A community wonders why we keep losing ground. How about we focus on the true enemies of our freedom instead of arguing about the validity, shape, size or color of the shoulder thing that goes up?

100%

And while we are arguing amongst ourselves about whether or not pistol braces are a cheat, or how SBRs are superior, or the futility of fighting for change, the anti-gunners just have to sit back and watch us eat ourselves. And the 2A community wonders why we keep losing ground. How about we focus on the true enemies of our freedom instead of arguing about the validity, shape, size or color of the shoulder thing that goes up?
Indeed. "We have met the enemy and they are us".

I find it funny all the folks saying "pistol braces are just a work around the sbr rule..." So what if they are or folks are "incorrectly" using them as such?

The sbr rule shouldn't even exist and is completely irrational, illogical and just plain idiotic.

I'd like to see every American be free to put any stock/brace on any gun they wish as long as they're responsible law abiding citizens.

I find it funny all the folks saying "pistol braces are just a work around the sbr rule..." So what if they are or folks are "incorrectly" using them as such?

The sbr rule shouldn't even exist and is completely irrational, illogical and just plain idiotic.

I'd like to see every American be free to put any stock/brace on any gun they wish as long as they're responsible law abiding citizens.
The SCOTUS had a chance to do away with the SBR portion of the NFA in the Thompson Center Arms case regarding switching from pistol to rifle and back to pistol....and they blew it back then IMO. They have had several potential chances since then that they just didn't take... Heller and reaffirmed in Bruen about not touching "Dangerous and Unusual" weapons laws (NFA/GCA 1968, and FOPA 1986 Hughes Amendment).

Is this a shovel? I know no one cares about due process and rule of law or any other part of the Constitution other than half of the 2nd amendment but yet here we are a notion of laws. Pretending a buttstock is something else so you dont have to buy a tax stamp is cute . Disingenuous but cute.

jful469ex0d61.jpg

The SCOTUS had a chance to do away with the SBR portion of the NFA in the Thompson Center Arms case regarding switching from pistol to rifle and back to pistol....and they blew it back then IMO. They have had several potential chances since then that they just didn't take... Heller and reaffirmed in Bruen about not touching "Dangerous and Unusual" weapons laws (NFA/GCA 1968, and FOPA 1986 Hughes Amendment).
Its not that they blew it. They didn't want to do it. They didn't want to then and they dont want to now.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews