JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Most current status regarding Mock v. Garland in 5th Circuit. Still within the 60 day time frame for the specific District court to rule; edit. Waiting for that Court to rule and then expecting DOJ to appeal to SCOTUS

Someone correct me if I'm wrong (I haven't kept up with some of the latest crap) but as I recall the parties and their current stances are:

1) what atf thinks: the rule is still in full affect. This will not likely change until they get an order from scotus.

2) what the TX lower courts and SAF, GOA, and FPC think: The brace rule is enjoined for members of those three groups nation-wide (no matter when they became a member).

3) What the politicians (in regards to the active "protest" bills I mean) think: what they think doesn't matter cuz it is just politics and makes no difference in the real world.

4) what local LEO thinks: this is the big question and an unknown, at least to me.

Until the jack booted thugs are knocking at my door and breaking it down, I can ignore them
They will not have to do that. They just keep passing laws and most will go along. Now and then after something in banned they will "catch" someone with one and make an example of them. Banned stuff is all over now. No one comes looking for it. They don't care. Point is you can't use it for recreation or defense. There has to be TON's on non paper'd NFA stuff out there. Guess some like holding it at night and stroking it. Not sure what else its good for since it can't be taken out and shot. :s0092:

They will not have to do that. They just keep passing laws and most will go along. Now and then after something in banned they will "catch" someone with one and make an example of them. Banned stuff is all over now. No one comes looking for it. They don't care. Point is you can't use it for recreation or defense. There has to be TON's on non paper'd NFA stuff out there. Guess some like holding it at night and stroking it. Not sure what else its good for since it can't be taken out and shot. :s0092:
I would bet a lot of them are kept out of spite. Also, if the bad aliens ever really come, or the Commies, I'm sure no one will mind if you spark that baby up.

I only shoot out in the desert, so I'm not worried

Last Edited:
I only shoot out in the desert, so I'm not worried
When I was a LOT younger I did play with stuff because I had the Desert to go play in too. Then I got married, started having a family, and decided that playing like that was not worth it. No one was going to see us where we went. I did not live a life that would have Police searching my home so they were not going to come in and find it. Al had not invented the net so I could not post pictures of the stuff even if I wanted too. Still I just decided it was not worth it so I started jumping through the damn hoops and paying for some stamps. For those who want to keep playing with the stuff knowing they are taking a risk? Matters not to me as adults are free to make adult choices. Only time I roll my eye's is when one of them does get in a jam over it and then takes to the net to cry and blame the "jack booted thugs" and such. :s0092:

When I was a LOT younger I did play with stuff because I had the Desert to go play in too. Then I got married, started having a family, and decided that playing like that was not worth it. No one was going to see us where we went. I did not live a life that would have Police searching my home so they were not going to come in and find it. Al had not invented the net so I could not post pictures of the stuff even if I wanted too. Still I just decided it was not worth it so I started jumping through the damn hoops and paying for some stamps. For those who want to keep playing with the stuff knowing they are taking a risk? Matters not to me as adults are free to make adult choices. Only time I roll my eye's is when one of them does get in a jam over it and then takes to the net to cry and blame the "jack booted thugs" and such. :s0092:
First time I shoot a Ruger Charger 22lr ;) was around 1982 or so a couple dozen miles NE of Scottsdale, shoot a few mags, very carefully wiped my fingerprints off it and handed it back to the guy that brought it :)

I like to keep my stuff legal cause I have priors, many times while out shooting in the desert I have come across people shooting converted to f/a guns--I ask no questions as it's none of my business

Just like when I get a safe opened--I never look inside until after the owners get their belongings out, as it's none of my business and I don't want to know

I like to keep my stuff legal cause I have priors, many times while out shooting in the desert I have come across people shooting converted to f/a guns--I ask no questions as it's none of my business

Just like when I get a safe opened--I never look inside until after the owners get their belongings out, as it's none of my business and I don't want to know
On a different take that one did bring back some sad laughs. For many years I lived super close to an old rock quarry that was on public land. Nice dish shape, over 100ft high, perfect range. One big downside of course is often many would be there and it was up to you to stay safe. So after a few of use bought some stamps we often went there. The reaction to a LOT of other shooters was a sight to see. Many when we would see us let loose with F/A and race over to tell us that was NOT LEGAL. I would "try" to explain yes it was. There was a LARGE well known GS in town that was a Class III dealer. They did not for some reason advertise that they were. So to the ones who would race over I would mention the place and they had of course heard of them. I would tell them if they asked the shop would explain it to them and even show them stuff they had. A LOT would just loudly say I was full of crap. At that point I would say go away. No cell phones then. Often one would jump in their car to head for the nearest pay phone. Couple times a Deputy actually would roll in. Ask, nod, leave. The one who had called would be watching from a distance mouth wide open in shock. :s0092:
A few did light up when told, even ask to try and I am sure that shop should have given me a t shirt or something as I am sure I got them some extra business. It was both funny and sad though at how so many reacted to the "news" that (at that time) NFA including F/A was legal to own if done with approval.

Upcoming Events

Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top