JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The man is a unique cross of narcissist, defeatist, Stockholm Syndrome, and broken record.

His opinions have become laughable to me at this point! 😂
He's not exactly wrong regarding the apparent, (so far,) unwillingness of the whole SCOTUS and Congress to do away with parts or whole of the NFA, GCA, FOPA Hughes Amendment. Broken record time here.

Only two Justices(Thomas and Alito) that we can rely on deciding on our side (2A); the rest... there are 3 (Kavanaugh, Gorsuch, Barrett) who may swing vote with the 3 current anti2A Justices,(Jackson, Kagan and Sotomayor) and 1 who will reliably vote against 2A (Roberts) using precedence and "long standing traditions".

With that said, it is likely to be a 5-4 decision either way regarding what pistol braces are and to what extent the ATF's "rule making authority " is

Thats not a question of constitutionality. The NFA was passed and upheld on the basis of Congresses ability to levy excise taxes. The $200 transfer tax is an excise tax. Nothing was banned. All manufacturer produced firearms have excise taxes levied on them.
A $200 tax on a $10 to $20 shotgun (at the time that the law was passed) is absolutely unconstitutional.

Yeah I don't trust people that say or imply they never lie. 👍

Everyone lies when it benefits them. Maybe not about everything or all the time but even those little white lies are lies.

Screenshot_20231005-211234_Chrome~2.jpg

Slavery was constitutional. Hell,. the Constitution was written very carefully to fit the practice of slavery in it so that it remained constitutional until the Constitution itself had to be amended to ban the practice. If anything, it could be argued that Lincolns Emancipation Proclamation itself was unconstitutional.

Supporting anything is immaterial. It is what it is and we have a system of laws and under our weird system of semi common law and due process for the NFA, or large sections of it, to become overturned based on excise tax being incongruous with the 2nd amendment well, that would be unprecedented to say the least given that every gun produced or imported into the country has been excise taxed since 1919.
Not only that but they had to kill Lincoln before he got a chance to ship all those slaves back home as promised

They didn't take that position because the only case they ever saw, the plaintiff bailed halfway through.
That was intentional. And not seeing another case was intentional. That's how much the deck is stacked but they still are the body that determines constitutionality not you or I .

FWIW, there hasn't been a lawsuit questioning the constitutionality of NFA and GCA and even Hughes Amendment, that I know of, that has gone out of District Court since Miller. Edit. If someone has info on that, let me know. I do know of the Staples case thing in the 90s but that was more about proving that someone knew they had an "illegal" MG to prosecute?

Edit 2
Ideally,( IMO) the best route to removing the SBR portion from NFA would have to come from the States (Montana, Idaho, Texas for examples) doing constitutional challenging lawsuits against the ATF/Federal Government.. if the Federal Congress cannot get together to remove SBR/SBS from NFA, going from how hard it has been so far to remove suppressors from the NFA.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads