JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I want to see the pistol bra :p

F53EABBF-E405-4C57-909A-8EAD65AB5D1C.jpeg

Not that it matters at this point.. since the rule was already published and the deadline to do so has past... but here is follow up information on transferring a title I to a trust for compliance purposes. The WK guy got in contact with the alphabet specifically to try and hash it out and has also spoken to private citizens that have attempted to do so.

Not that it matters at this point.. since the rule was already published and the deadline to do so has past... but here is follow up information on transferring a title I to a trust for compliance purposes. The WK guy got in contact with the alphabet specifically to try and hash it out and has also spoken to private citizens that have attempted to do so.

The one that attempted to do so violated ATF's rule (which is stated no less than four times in the application) that has to be owned by the trust prior to jan 31. The one that didn't go through the trust did not own prior to jan 31. So his video is quite misleading this time, most of the time they are pretty darn accurate.

The one that attempted to do so violated ATF's rule (which is stated no less than four times in the application) that has to be owned by the trust prior to jan 31. The one that didn't go through the trust did not own prior to jan 31. So his video is quite misleading this time, most of the time they are pretty darn accurate.
But are they? ;)

From what I have seen that video does not stand out in any way from any of his others.

Agreed. I've noticed a few misleading things in his videos lately. At the rate he is cranking them out I'm beginning to wonder when he has time to run his practice. I remember one where he complained about being demonetized. Considering what attorneys charge I can't see YouTube making a difference to his income.

But are they? ;)

From what I have seen that video does not stand out in any way from any of his others.
Imo on the whole yes. Minor details are incorrect (for example in past videos he said jan 13 was the effective date) sometimes but on the whole I feel they are pretty accurate.

This particular video though it seems to me like he cherry picked info to fit his existing opinion. For example the individual that applied but didn't go through. If the rule says x, but the individual did y, it shouldn't be used as an example of " it won't work". That is misleading Imo.

On an unrelated note what changed as of the posting date to the register that made it legal for a trust to apply for amnesty before the posting date but not after? Just another arbitrary decision by the ATF?

On an unrelated note what changed as of the posting date to the register that made it legal for a trust to apply for amnesty before the posting date but not after? Just another arbitrary decision by the ATF?
You can't transfer a title 2 firearm onto a trust without prior atf approval. After the posting date they are title 2

In the atf training they said over and over the possessor at time rule takes effect (jan. 31) is responsible. Poeple still get confused about effective date. Fe I saw video from the glasses guy armed scholar yesterday and he said "Once it takes effect". It was effective jan 31 so whoever had possesion at that time is critical. Fe if pawn shop had it in inventory prior to jan. 31 they can't hand it back to the owner as a complete weapon, brace must be removed.

Read a rumor somewhere that approvals have been slow-walked to pretty much halted because of lawsuits... someone posted they got approved a few days ago so it seems like yes the approvals are still going. I haven't heard anything from ATF regarding a submission I made.. no progress from "submitted" status.

His credibility level is up there with the GOAs at this point.
I have to agree. The last two fear mongering GOA emails that I received sounded like they were written by the NRA. They cherry picked information to instill fear and get a donation. Not sure that I'm comfortable donating to them anymore.

Read a rumor somewhere that approvals have been slow-walked to pretty much halted because of lawsuits... someone posted they got approved a few days ago so it seems like yes the approvals are still going. I haven't heard anything from ATF regarding a submission I made.. no progress from "submitted" status.
That's absurd.

I have to agree. The last two fear mongering GOA emails that I received sounded like they were written by the NRA. They cherry picked information to instill fear and get a donation. Not sure that I'm comfortable donating to them anymore.
Imo some Goa videos are complete garbage. There is a young guy putting them out and they are simply fear mongeting as you said. On the other hand some GOA info is really accurate (such as the info coming from higher ups and those directly involved in the lawsuits).

I think Goa is so big now that some of these young guys that say they are from Goa are just loose cannons. I gave to Goa because they stopped m114 cold in Harney county. They used a tactic that was effective. I'm all about effectiveness and will ignore the young bucks fear mongering to get views. Just my perspective, nobody has to agree with it. If they are effective even though i don't agree with all those in the organization, that's who I'm supporting.

Every video I've seen from this guy are hype and fear mongering and very innacurate fwiw.

87DFAFF3-97E9-42F4-A60D-58180B945EA1.png

That's absurd.
Yeah; Jan 20th was when I submitted and they have gotten my cover sheet and fingerprint cards.

Do they usually email people that their background checks went through and assign examiner or is that usually when approved at the end or disapproved or whatever? Like an email informing the person that they've been denied for whatever reason, try again or something?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top