JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here is a good step by step walk-through with screen shots. Helped me a lot.

I went all the way through the eFile Form 1 right up to the last step. Saved my work, went back to the first step, and went forward again screen by screen comparing what I had entered to the screen shots shown on the walk-through guide. I caught a couple of small typo's that may have gotten mine kicked back or denied. Glad I took the time to go back through it slowly.

Looks like the blue circle of death was a glitch associated with the time out feature. After refreshing the page it worked fine.

One thing I noticed is that you have to submit documentation that the gun trust exists separately from the assignment form or attachment A. I tried attach with both in one file at first but it needs 2 attachments. They have two seperate categories in the drop down menu and it's clear the application is expecting both. The proof of ownership piece you label "other" in the drop down menu.

Also re gun pics the training said no pics are required but if you choose to add a pic they suggest a closeup of the markings. But when you do the application it almost looks like some sort of pic is required. Just something I noticed.

Last Edited:
Here is a good step by step walk-through with screen shots. Helped me a lot.

I used a similar one that mentions the brace rule (not on video though). TBH it was not very helpful as it didn't answer any of my questions but its certainly better than nothing.

FWIW I did find their example of the 5320.23 form to be helpful

A couple other observations FYI. The application is changing. I saw two changes that weren't there earlier in the day. So maybe they update the application during the day and it goes live after their work day ends (I've seen other fed computer systems do that fwiw). So the application you see today may be different in the future.

Try hard to find your guns name even if you have to find other versions of the manufacturer's name etc. I have one model that is not in their database at all (manufacturer is) so it says it will be delayed until they can verify the model.

If renouncing your citizenship is anything like everything else at ICE/INS they want about a thousand dollars and 20 forms to fill out and you'll have to wait 6 months to 3 years and wait for a day at the worst government building you can imagine..

Was crunching some numbers based on control numbers posted in redit. # of applications from:

Jan 14 - Feb 8 = 93,400 (approx)

Feb4 - Feb 8 = 18,400 (approx)

Here are the Reddit posts fyi, you can minus the number from a certain date from your control number to see how many have been filed since that date. However this assumes all control numbers are under the brace rule and if other things such as suppressors get same same of control numbers (no idea if they do or not) then this number would be too high.

My guess is the discomfort of being on a register plus the hassle of fingerprints, photos, forms a lot of people will just sell their guns and/or braces or do nothing. But just a guess. Have seen lots of short barreled guns/uppers and braces for sale so far fwiw.

Jan 14 - 20232229xx

Feb. 4 - 20232979xx

C7BBCA85-4BA5-458F-921E-D9BAFCDDB8EF.jpeg A0EBC52F-3FAB-4CD3-B242-E6874832A716.jpeg

Last Edited:
Just submitted two eForm 4's this morning. Looks like another 19,500 submission between Feb. 4th and this morning. I might see my suppressors by 2025.

Last Edited:
Seems like would have to get rough estimate of how many non brace rule apps they normally get per month (or whatever time frame) and minus that out to get an accurate number for brace rule submissions.

Or if poeple post numbers as we go within the 120 day period and there is a giant spike at the end we could get a rough estimate of how many brace rule submissions for the spike period only (assuming the spike is mostly brace rule submissions).

I mean difference bewtween regular average vs a spike, kind of like m114 4473 transfers. OR typically has about 25,000 per month as I recall but from Nov 1- dec 20 they had 140,000 or whatever the number was (numbers off the top of my head, real #s are in Maxine Bernstein article/tweet).

It's all just for interest anyway and doesn't mean much I think. And if there is an injunction along the way that would throw everything out of whack in terms of submissions I would guess.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top