JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
EDC060-X4AEF8Sa-1.jpg

Nordenfelt gun.

xnPq94b.jpg

rz7sNvw.jpg

This is a cruddy example of one; I saw this displayed at the Tower of London. BUT: If you watch the movie, "Khartoum," 1966, with Charleton Heston, you will see a Nordenfelt gun being used in the riverboat ambush scenes. Pretty interesting, no trigger but a crank to actuate. The one in my pictures is missing lots of parts, like the firing mechanism, the traversing and elevation mechanism, etc. This one has four barrels, make unknown to me. The Enfield used by the Egyptian soldiers in the movie "Khartoum" has five barrels. Link to pictures from the movie:

Why run one C96 when you can ten? Austro-Hungarian gunner with a rather unique anti-aircraft system.

Thus far, my favorite entry.

I used to know a Belgian man who owned a Mondragón rifle, 7x57mm Mauser. These early semi-autos were made for Mexico in Switzerland by SIG before WW1. But the Mexican government wouldn't complete the purchase so SIG retained the inventory that Mexico wouldn't pay for. When WW1 came along, the Germans bought the remaining Mondragóns which found their way to the Imperial German Air Force. Being semi-automatic, they were found be be useful for early aerial gunnery. A total of 4,000 were originally contracted by the Mexican government. But they only took 400. So at most, no more than 3,600 remained in Europe and the actual number finished by SIG is thought to be well fewer than that. So, pretty rare gun. My acquaintance in Belgium had to own his in secret. He bought it via an underground antique connection. It was illegal to own in Belgium due to their gun laws. Here, the Mondragón is very valuable, worth over $20,000 on those rare occasions when they come up for sale. You'd think a government would be able to seek a common sense exception for something so valuable and so unlikely to be used in the commission of a crime.

The 20th anniversary edition of Gun Digest contains an article on electronically fired guns.
I believe that one is featured in that article.

Thanks for the heads up, when I first saw it almost 20yrs ago at a pawn shop it was just interesting.
Looking at the progression of firearms throughout the years is just intriguing and I wonder where we will be in a mere 20yrs more.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top