JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Anyhow, Andy this is MY unusual gun for the day. It is a 1/4th working scale model of a four-times life-size Enfield musketoon of 1861. I guess that makes it the world's smallest replica of a giant-sized muzzleloader!

1575226805151.png

Ah, make it three. Please add to that pair the Remington electronic ignition rifle - a genuine cure for which there was no problem whatsoever.

There are a number of issues that electric ignition would solve/mitigate:

1) Mechanical triggers and firing pin movement - both can have significant effects on accuracy of the firearm/shooter combination. In addition, they can affect rate of fire in a firearm that uses caseless ammo, or where the ammo is pre-loaded into the barrels (e.g., the "Metal Storm" systems).

2) Electronic ignition coupled with plasma/liquid propellant can allow much higher velocities by controlling the pressure of the propellant charge; raising the pressure at a controlled rate, then keeping it at the maximum desired pressure until the projectile has left the barrel.

The experiments I read about showed velocities in the 5000 fps range without pressure problems. This is mostly applicable for military weapons (tanks, artillery, etc) and now electric rail guns have far exceeded those velocities, but rail guns are still very expensive and require significant power plants - whereas electronic ignition with the right propellant does not.

The other related benefit is that the user can "dial down" the velocity as desired without changing the ammo.

I actually have an electronic trigger on my Steyr air pistol, so I'm not entirely biased.

However, I would draw your attention to the sales figures of Remington's daring rifles, and the cost of the ammunition, and whether or not you can still buy any of it at the usual ammunition price level.

Not saying Remington's effort was a commercial success (a LOT of tech often first comes out well before "its time") or maybe the implementation wasn't well thought out, just saying that there are reasons that electronic ignition (which is usually different from an electronic trigger) has significant advantages and uses - so it isn't a solution looking for a problem.

Wacky for sure...
On the M203...you use the M16 magazine as a "pistol grip" when shooting the grenade launcher...
Not sure where you do that on the Marlin 1894...
I know there is no box magazine to act as a pistol grip here...just wondering where your hand goes when you shoot the M203 pictured.
Andy

Wacky for sure...
On the M203...you use the M16 magazine as a "pistol grip" when shooting the grenade launcher...
Not sure where you do that on the Marlin 1894...
I know there is no box magazine to act as a pistol grip here...just wondering where your hand goes when you shoot the M203 pictured.
Andy
When you are cocking the leaver to load another shot you just hit the launcher trigger .
On the way back LOL

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top