JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
slip 2000; its best lube out there, been using it for years, even before it was proven for use in dusty environments by the military tests. and CLP great to clean with. Only two gun fluids made if you ask me ;) I here alot about motor oil but that scares me for some reason, but I've never tried it...

slip 2000 product: <broken link removed>

Proof its Proven: <broken link removed>

IO may have been converted from an AK guy to a ARx guy as well with my first... I already want to build another... But turbos and racegas consume my spring and summers, and its that time of year :O)

Many police depts and gunners use synthetic motor oil. It works great and costs a small fraction of expensive gun oils

Moble 1. Or even Auto Trak II transfer case fluid from GM (GM 12378508).

The reason I suggest the stuff from GM is the wife and I found ourselves in Tillimook :s0071:. I noticed a puddle of blue oil on the ground under the Tahoe and a blue film all over the boat (21ft sled) and trailer. I determined it was cracked tranfer case. (It was cracked by well known oil change place when they tightened the fill plug to tight. (Rookie mistake))

After taking it to this well known oil change place's franchise in Tillimook, they filled it, gave me three quarts of this stuff and wished me luck in getting it back to the valley. Since the transfer case sounded normal the whole way I saw no need to stop and refill it. When we arrived in Salem the transfer case wasn't leaking anymore because it was bone dry. I know it to be bone dry because I ended up changing it out myself and I was curious as to how much oil was still in the transfer case.

Think what you want about using this stuff on an AR. But it should say a lot for the residual lubricating properties of this oil in keeping a dry transfer case together long enough, towing a 3,500lb boat for 75 miles. In my mind, this special lubrication did exactly what it's designed to do. I see no reason it couldn't or wouldn't do the same for an AR, or any other gun for that matter.

Bottom line, AR's really don't care what kind of lube they get. But they do need lube. Not a whole lot, but they need lube a lot more than they need to be clean. Some might say it's much worse to clean it to much than not at all. (I for one fall into that line of thinking) So, if you want the best you can get for your AR then this stuff may be worth a look. It may even better than the stuff that's packaged and sold as gun oil by the well known gun oil brands. For all we know the well known gun oil brands may even be the very same stuff with about a 2000% mark up on the price. (Selling this stuff in 8 oz bottles for more than what a quart costs)

A lot more can be learned here: http://www.bobistheoilguy.com

Just my :s0159:

Welcome Jei_A to the world of black rifles. Sorry, I have no expierence with DPMS so I can't be of much help in a review. But for what it's worth I love both of my BCM's. Also, you did appease the Gun Gods and have your wife/girlfriend break it in right didn't you? If she did then I can see why you are all smiles! :s0114:

Oh, and yes, the well known oil change place made good with me. They wrote a check for a replacement transfer case. I even came out a little ahead becasue as I already mentioned I removed it and installed the replacement myself. :s0155:

For example, an AK 47, or an SKS I would not consider "Black Rifles", although they fit the "assault weapon" definition. I would say all Black Rifles are probably "assault weapons" but not all "assault weapons" are black rifles.

For a rifle to be an "assault weapon" it needs to be fully auto or select fire, otherwise it's an MSA (Modern Sporting Arm) or MSR (Modern Sporting Rifle).

Eight U.S. Presidents have been NRA members. They are: Ulysses S. Grant,
Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, Dwight D. Eisenhower,
John F. Kennedy, Richard M. Nixon, Ronald Reagan and George Bush

80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
South West Washington Arms Collector member

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show