JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
[All 10mm's are not created equal,]
This I agree with.

[MV of 1050 fps. That's what Glocks and others are made to shoot.]
I don't accept that for a second.

If it's chambered for 10mm and is marked as such, it better darn well handle any and all SAAMI spec 10mm ammo.

When my 1911 blew up, Ruger tried playing the +P card with me. There is no +P in 10mm. There is 10mm as designed, and there are reduced loads.

I have shot a lot of 10mm in many different pistols. All my loads are full spec, meaning 180gr at 1200-1250 fps.

It's easy to count which 10mm pistols have survived unscathed, or have functioned as intended in my experience.

XD-M, SIG P220, and (really?), the RIA 1911 are the successes. And in fairness, the two Ruger 1911's I've owned since the original kaboom have also been flawless.

Last Edited:
Was anything damaged beside the magazine catch and trigger shoe? If not, walking away with only $12 in parts damage is quite lucky.
From the photo it looks like the ejector is buggered too, which would put the housing in question so... tack on another 8 bones for an even 20 spot. :D

Dunno about any pin distortions, but as cheap as they are... probably swap those out for good measure... for the price of a cup of coffee.

From the photo it looks like the ejector is buggered too, which would put the housing in question so... tack on another 8 bones for an even 20 spot. :D

Dunno about any pin distortions, but as cheap as they are... probably swap those out for good measure... for the price of a cup of coffee.
Hey! You're pretty free and easy with other people's money. :s0108:

What surprised me about Longshot is how dense, and the energy content of the powder.
  • It's a powder that's very easy to double charge because it's so dense.
  • If you're familiar with Lee dippers, the .7cc dipper is 10gr of powder, the 1cc dipper is ~13gr of powder.
  • The kernel shape is a flattened ball powder, literally the size of a spec. Four specs will make 0.1 grain. Yes, I weighed each individual charge before seating a bullet. I'll do that when I'm charging cases -- load the charge and seat the bullet, or load the charge and place the bullet in the case, nose down.
Tonight is inspection time. Gonna see if it's salvageable.
Tried to PM you. No workie.

If it's chambered for 10mm and is marked as such, it better darn well handle any and all SAAMI spec 10mm ammo.
Exactly, there isnt a gun manufacturer out there that would release an "unsupported barrel " that cant handle saami spec pressure.
The idea of needing a "supported" barrel is a myth and coverup started by Underwood Ammo when they were intentionally making over pressure 10mm ammo that ended up blowing up customer guns so their response was to blame the chamber support and market their ammo for supported chambers only. Their page had warnings not to shoot them in guns like the Delta Elite.

And in fairness, the two Ruger 1911's I've owned since the original kaboom have also been flawless.
And I, happily, am still in possession of one of them. :)
Tried to PM you. No workie.
Well, I didn't put you on ignore... I'll PM ya. I'll send you my phone number.

Mag release, complete trigger shoe, and looks like firing pin are jacked. The extractor seems OK.

Mag release, complete trigger shoe, and looks like firing pin are jacked. The extractor seems OK.
It may just be an optical illusion from the angle of the photo, but the ejector looks like it has a slight bow on the business end. (Different from the extractor... which is a slide part.)

Easy enough to reshape it if necessary, but if it took a hard hit it may have causes some damage to the trigger housing. IE, a crack or loosening/misalignment of connected components. If it all looks good and tight then probably not a big deal if it still fires reliably. Pretty cheap to replace after a catastrophic event too, though. It had to have taken a decent hit. YMMV

It may just be an optical illusion from the angle of the photo, but the ejector looks like it has a slight bow on the business end. (Different from the extractor... which is a slide part.)

Easy enough to reshape it if necessary, but if it took a hard hit it may have causes some damage to the trigger housing. IE, a crack or loosening/misalignment of connected components. If it all looks good and tight then probably not a big deal if it still fires reliably. Pretty cheap to replace after a catastrophic event too, though. It had to have taken a decent hit. YMMV
You're right, it is bent. Will see about straightening it out.

I don't believe I've complained at all in this thread. I believe in sharing so others don't do the same dumb stuff that caused what I just experienced.

My loading aside, I always wondered why Glock used the standard 17# spring in their slide.
For example, with 180gr FP hard cast, the G20 would not handle loads above 10gr of AA#9 very well, slamming its backstops, while the Ruger SR1911 would make one ragged hole using 12.5gr, and still feel lighter recoiling than the Glock. Frankly, I prefer to have one load that will fire with acceptable accuracy in both guns. I set the G20 aside, continued to shoot the Ruger, and months later, finally ordered a spring kit from EDZ Performance. By then, all I had of AA#9 was just an ounce or two. So I decided to develop a new load for both using Longshot (still readily available).

Back to my comment about Glock chamber support compared to other brands, rather than debate with words, I will use a picture to explain what I'm talking about.
Note, none of this would have happened if I had operated within safe limits.
View attachment 1785626
Don't get me wrong, I appreciate your input.
So that we all might learn through another's calamity the ill's we should avoid.

You're right, it is bent. Will see about straightening it out.
Let us know how that works out, please.
The ejector pin is very hard.
I once tried to bend one on my G20 and it simply snapped in half.
Had to buy a whole new housing with pin. This was during the height of Covid. It cost me about $50 because back then virtually no part was available.

I have included a picture of the trigger housing and ejector pin from my G20.
The ejector pin is bent from the factory.
It appears as if your complete trigger housing has been pushed backwards.

1703122694724.png

View attachment 1786047
Yeah. The back portion looks fine it's just the forward portion that looks like it may have a slight inward bow, but that could just be the photo angle... and might not be enough to really make a difference, anyway, but since he reloads... and if it bites too much.... no bueno.

I would maybe pull it from the housing, clamp the forward bit in a bench vise and clamp it. Check for straightness and apply heat and increase clamp pressure if it needs a little tweak. If so, then re-harden it once completed.

Then again... I'm lazy. If anything at all looks untoward... $8 is pretty cheap peace of mind.

Thank you -- that was extremely helpful. A comparison between yours an mine, yours on the left. Seems OK.
Have all the parts in hand, putting it back together.

1703129002583.png

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top