JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
200gr Moly hard cast over 10gr of Longshot. Oops.

IMG_20231218_145041170~2.jpg IMG_20231218_145156709.jpg

Yah, I'm OK, otherwise there'd be photos of digits missing, etc.
I did a work up of 8gr to 10gr. It was getting progressively snappier but more accurate with each step up.
I'd check the ejected cases for Glock bulge, because, compared to my CZ or Ruger, it IS an unsupported chamber.
Loaded four 10gr bullets into the mag and the first one out the pipe ejected the mag, plus mag release and the trigger shroud.
Guess I'm inspecting, and if it passes ordering a lower parts kit.

New or used brass?
Once fired.

Edit to add:
Definitely a brain fart. I dunno WTF I was thinking....

Huh. I have to wonder if another brand of gun would have held together better. Factory Glock chambers aren't exactly tight by comparison

Huh. I have to wonder if another brand of gun would have held together better. Factory Glock chambers aren't exactly tight by comparison
Or a tighter aftermarket barrel and new brass and anything that could prevent premature opening of chamber. When running super fire hot loads, factory glock barrels might not be best option.

Yah, I'm OK, otherwise there'd be photos of digits missing, etc.
I did a work up of 8gr to 10gr. It was getting progressively snappier but more accurate with each step up.
I'd check the ejected cases for Glock bulge, because, compared to my CZ or Ruger, it IS an unsupported chamber.
Loaded four 10gr bullets into the mag and the first one out the pipe ejected the mag, plus mag release and the trigger shroud.
Guess I'm inspecting, and if it passes ordering a lower parts kit.

Once fired.

Edit to add:
Definitely a brain fart. I dunno WTF I was thinking....
Glad the Glock took the brunt of it and all your digits are in place. Stay safe out there!

Glad you are OK, sorry for the damage to your gun, but this could have been worse (you getting hurt).

Thanks for sharing, a good reminder for each of us to double check loads with a reliable published source.

I'd say this was a good outcome all around. No injury, pistol may be repairable.

I've owned many 10mm's. Three of which were semi-autos. Two Colts and one Ruger. 10mm is a hefty cartridge, I drew the line at a plastic frame gun in it. However, having seen this gives me more confidence in the Glock 10mm product.

I had some 200 gr. lead bullets I got in a lot deal, but after I used those up 180 was my upper end bullet in 10mm.

I still like 10mm, it's a very versatile cartridge. I just can't shoot it anymore with the hand problems I have. In particular the semi-autos.

I have been a witness to and /or a participant to a couple 10mm kabooms and mini-kabooms. The 10mm is an intense cartridge when loaded to full factory levels. I cannot imagine purposely pushing that envelope. In fact, if someone is at the range with loads over max, please let me know so I can remove myself from the range.

Ruger 1911 10mm kaboom.
P1050338.jpg

Glock 10mm mini-kaboom...
0827150946a-zpsa7547015.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show