JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a very good training video, especially for reading a situation and sizing it up. The perp take advantage of the busy operation to get in and make his interview. I get the surgical mask when coming in, that is fairly common. However, the hood and sun glasses are a bit much, and the pharmacist should have immediately questioned that, and been prepared to immediately take action, since that is going to be a go or no go momentfor the perp.

He may have decided to go for his piece and probably would have won the draw. The pharmacist used a good tactic in blocking the perps view, as the perp moved to his right, while drawing and setting up to fire.

All in all , I think he made some good tactical decisions.

Can't figure out why scumbag never got off a shot. 1st time he was stunned by being shot but then he got up and pointed again but no shot? was he saving ammo until he could get a clearer shot?
Most thugs would have blasted away in the general direction a full mag as they were fleeing.

Perhaps the thug had only a couple of rounds and needed them to count????
Maybe the Pharmacist was just a faster shot????

...the hood and sun glasses are a bit much, and the pharmacist should have immediately questioned that, and been prepared to immediately take action, since that is going to be a go or no go momentfor the perp.

He did. The pharmacist joked to his staff "Maybe he is here to rob us" The perp knew he was made and had a chance to reconsider. Stupid is as stupid does.

He needed more stopping power... The perp gets shot and gets back up? He's lucky he didn't get shot too. Hopefully the perp bled out after he left the store:mad::mad:

" Radcliff was one of those employees, but was armed with a pistol and a conceal carry permit. He drew his .45 caliber pistol and shot Gillenwater three times. "

Cannot get much more stopping power than a .45 in a handgun.

"After one shot struck Gillenwater's shoulder, the assailant continued to point his gun. A second shot hit Gillenwater's gun in the muzzle and disabled it. Gillenwater continued to point and try to shoot, but a third shot put him down."

Good job of the pharmacist being trained, and pulling the trigger fast and until the threat was eliminated.

He did. The pharmacist joked to his staff "Maybe he is here to rob us" The perp knew he was made and had a chance to reconsider. Stupid is as stupid does.

The more I look at this video the more I think about what I would have done. The minute he walked in the door like that I would have ordered him to lose the hood and sunglasses, and at the same time probably drawn my weapon until his hands cleared his jacket NOT holding a gun. These things happen so fast though...

Agreed it is human nature....but you can train yourself to overcome it. Working loss prevention and security, people lie to me every day. I watch them all the time. I am not going out to lunch with these people, I do not care if they like me. I do not care if they choose to not come back to the store. I care about the security of myself, other customers and the staff.

I was placed in a situation in the last year that I had to get between a convicted murderer about to commit another capital crime and the safety and well being of myself , my spouse and 4 strangers. I had to draw my weapon to low ready. I had already made my decisions about what I was going to do, and how I was going to do it, it was up to the scumbag what happened next. This was clearly non verbal communication between the scumbag and me, but he clearly understood what I was going to do,and I had the tactical advantage.

Everyone should work on situation command and command presence and understanding the actions associated with it. Criminals and people with bad intent will still try to keep interviewing you even when challenged. Total situation control has to be made for the situation to be safe and secure.

"After one shot struck Gillenwater's shoulder, the assailant continued to point his gun. A second shot hit Gillenwater's gun in the muzzle and disabled it. Gillenwater continued to point and try to shoot, but a third shot put him down."
And now you know..........the rest of the story., as Paul Harvey used to say.
The more I look at this video the more I think about what I would have done. The minute he walked in the door like that I would have ordered him to lose the hood and sunglasses, and at the same time probably drawn my weapon until his hands cleared his jacket NOT holding a gun. These things happen so fast though...
That wouldn't have been P.C. though.

Damned good shooting!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews