JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wow, just wow. Is this the new norm, WTF?

An investigation is underway after an officer accidentally fired a gun and hit a student at South Vermillion High School.

According to police, the shooting happened just after 9:30 Thursday morning.

There was a class teaching students how to be officers. Participants in the classroom were doing a drill about a scenario with a so-called "bad guy."

Police identify Vermillion Co. deputy, who they say accidentally shot a South Vermillion student

Poor kid was just getting his life toget- oh, sorry. Wrong scenario.

I wonder if this police department is one of the many that has defunded their training.

Last Edited:
Last Edited:
Wow, just wow. Is this the new norm, WTF?
New? Nope, stupid has been normal for a while. People (and officers seem to be exposing themselves to this needlessly) fail to understand that in ANY scenario where simulated force is in play, it needs to be sterile environment, no weapons of any type allowed. Slip / capture events are possible where use of real force is captured by someone involved.

And per the reporting, the officer's service REVOLVER. I thought my department was the last to transition to semiautos...32 years ago.

Small rural county, total population 19,000. Probably not the best trained in the world. Still, you would think they would at least know enough to check the condition of their weapons. Guy looks like he should have been retired.

Should be a good topic for discussion during Thanksgiving dinner. How is your studies going this year Darryl? Well this week we learned about negligent discharge and after the holiday break we are going to participate in something called drive by shooting. I love my studies.

In the 10 or so years that I worked the gun department at Larry's Sports Centers, we had three negligent discharges.

One was a West Linn doctor showing off his new concealed carry S&W 6906.

The other two were cops, one of whom shot himself in the leg.

-E-

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads