JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm resurrecting this thread instead of starting another as they relate to the same topics, bringing guns to training events where no firearms or other weapons should be present.

Trainer kills student, DC Special Police

Happened last year, the instructor was just convicted and sentenced to three years in prison. Tragic and preventable. Thought he had a fake gun, was messing around at the end of the training, shot and killed one of the students, obviously with a real gun.

We have talked about this before but for anyone new to the forums and interested in training, it is a good reminder.
  • Some training requires sterile environments, no firearms, knives, weapons or anything that can be used as a weapon should be present
  • Force on force requires special safety rules (it's great training, but must be done exceptionally safely)
  • Training can be fun, but messing around is not acceptable
  • Mixing training tools (fake guns) and real guns should not happen
  • Except in appropriate sterile training environments, sims tools "guns", SIRT guns and other non-firearm training devices should always be treated like real guns with all the firearms safety rules applying (i.e., don't point them at people)
  • Choose your trainers wisely. Just because someone was an LEO or in the military does not make them a good or safe trainer. Some are, as many are not.
Just my $.02, may be worth less, or worthless for that matter. Just think it is important to remember.

I have a bunch of these for doing grip work.
Just this morning was thinking they would be good to use in CPL classes.

Joe

20230718_200744.jpg

Wow, just wow. Is this the new norm, WTF?

An investigation is underway after an officer accidentally fired a gun and hit a student at South Vermillion High School.

According to police, the shooting happened just after 9:30 Thursday morning.

There was a class teaching students how to be officers. Participants in the classroom were doing a drill about a scenario with a so-called "bad guy."

Police identify Vermillion Co. deputy, who they say accidentally shot a South Vermillion student
Wow 19 year veteran deputy fired the shot.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top