JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Great big truck driver named Gillman who had a very pugnacious disposition and was know for "tap dancing" came over and thanked me for watching out for his wife. His appearance at my trailer may have made a real difference cause he was a huge man of Indian heritage that had a really wild look about him. His interest in guns made us fast friends.

What I am getting to by my stories is you don't have to have a physical confrontation to make change. Just what they think might happen is sometimes good enough.

"NEW" country song lyrics;....................NOT!

"My dog just got run over by a Semi, and my wife just left with my best friend, but I ain't got no diesel in the Ford, so I ain't gona' see my baby no more with no tattoos on her belly, what a ship kickin- heffer-cuttin-day this all has been"...............................:rolleyes:

I should add that my feelings may be stronger than other. My mother had a very short term boyfriend who decided to lay hands on her. I called my dad...not the cops. They had divorced but shared custody and got along.
Dad came over and whooped the guy as you would expect and ex boxer/fireman to do then. Left him in agony and cops came and took him...no questions asked when they saw my moms bruise. What happened to that? People used to know what a bully only quits when someone stands up to them. Handcuffs and a lawyer is not the same as fear of your neighbors right next door.

I do agree it is important to care about our neighbors and neighborhoods. Having seen first hand what a dysfunctional family can do there may be times a person should stand in and save a life. Not sure I would stand in should a woman shoot the wife beater though, he gets what he deserves.

40Cal, there's still a few MEN left... you're not alone. REAL men are naturally prone to defending the fairer sex, but as much as it'd nice to do, you can't save everyone. As has already been said, it's a mental disease of codependency, enablement, love of drama, and/or selecting a partner based on what you were raised with as an example. It's so common, a woman selects a man that emulates her father/dad. My daughters have been raised to cut/kick the wiener off of ANY man that lays hands on them. ;)

REAL men are just "out of fashion" right now. Lesbians who groom and dress themselves to look like 12yr old boys are all the rage right now... like its some superior virtue to emulate, or something. Case in point (12yr old boy)... Oregon's anti-2A Speaker of the House, Tina Kotek:

image.jpg

There is such a term as "hot pursuit" when it comes to literally kicking down doors without a warrant.
Don't know that I'd do that but I hear what you're saying. pretty sad

Sometimes the best way to confront people is to be subtle and non threatening but firm in the visual.:D My mom taught me that by hanging a willow switch in the house.:D

For me it was the wooden spoon. I think I maybe got it once by my mom but it was there. It was intimidating. It worked.

Freaking willow or something switches. I think she ordered me to fetch one from the brush once or twice, bless her heart. Deservedly so.
Called her and said the love upon this mother's day.
sue me

There is such a term as "hot pursuit" when it comes to literally kicking down doors without a warrant.
Don't know that I'd do that but I hear what you're saying. pretty sad

Yeah I just looked the law up. Funny how different a law is than they say in the movies. It is seemingly solely for the cops in a situation that there is just no time for a warrant. Seems that it should apply to law abiding citizens as well but whatever.

So no noise as of last night. Found out that the landlord at the place has now placed an eviction on them after pestering from a few neighbors. I saw the guy in the garage and went to walk over. He made eye contact and shut the garage quickly...heard the lock slam like he was in a big hurry. Blinds got shut. At the very least he knows I am looking at them....for now and he is afraid of me.

I take a little relief in knowing at least he knows he needs to fear me. He knows he is wrong or he would not run and hide. Seems he might even know what kinda lesson I would like to teach him. Best he keeps thinking that I will teach him that lesson so long as it is just the scared puppy mentality. I will not get myself in trouble but the more he sees and knows I see him the more he will hopefully think that while I am here he is not "getting away" with doing these things and going unnoticed. Funny how sometimes just a certain way of looking at a guy can make them run scared like that.

Freaking willow or something switches. I think she ordered me to fetch one from the brush once or twice, bless her heart. Deservedly so.
sue me

I called my mom before remembering the wooden spoon....I know I deserved more than just the threat at times. A few whippings might have done me well. My dad took care of that end by just the look of a man that might smack me. Only was grabbed/spanked a handful of times but again I always thought that tough SOB might knock me out. Again I may well have deserved it.

sue me

I remember my Mom telling me to go get that spoon. Holy sh$# did I walk slow. When I finally handed it to her she said I was already shacking enough she knew I had learned my lesson. I do not know if she had any idea how right she was. As a kid it felt like a walk to the gas chamber.

I called my mom before remembering the wooden spoon....I know I deserved more than just the threat at times. A few whippings might have done me well. My dad took care of that end by just the look of a man that might smack me. Only was grabbed/spanked a handful of times but again I always thought that tough SOB might knock me out. Again I may well have deserved it.
I hear you. My Dad only spanked me twice (one swat per occasion).. and I seriously deserved it. His thing was just being.. you wouldn't really want to f with him. Mom was the spanker but that was rare, boys being fast and smart and all..

I hate willow trees to this day, even though I deserved what I got. Just hated that "you go out and get me a switch and if it ain't big enough I will wear it out on you and you will get me another one."

I hate willow trees to this day, even though I deserved what I got. Just hated that "you go out and get me a switch and if it ain't big enough I will wear it out on you and you will get me another one."

BUT we all got it and we are much better for it in my opinion. If there is no fear there is no reason to listen. That is what seems lacking in so many kids these days. I almost laugh at times when i walk in the house from work to my kids and wife arguing and hollering at each other. House goes dead quiet when dad gets home.

I have never had to spank my kids. I just am here and when I say "do it again and you are grounded" there is no arguing. Just a simple knowledge that Dad damn well means it....Mom likes to argue and get her point across. There is only one point to me. KNOCK THAT SH%^ OFF!! And it is respected...By the kids. I have yet to find a way for the wife to fear me. I gave up on that. Pretty sure she could take me.

Funny the way the world changes, went from beating unruly kids to drugging them with ritalin. The drug that every school shooter has been on when he killed others.

Back in the south in the old days a man abused his family or chased after other men's wives the boys would put switches on the front porch to let him know a beating was coming if he didn't change.

Funny how sometimes just a certain way of looking at a guy can make them run scared like that.

Idea: Do you know any "bikers", (not rice rockets:D) or place you could find some biker dudes that would help you with this..............................Have them just ride by his house, maybe park in front of it and look at his house for a while while he's home.............:s0087:........:s0087:.........:s0087:

Funny the way the world changes, went from beating unruly kids to drugging them with ritalin. The drug that every school shooter has been on when he killed others.

Back in the south in the old days a man abused his family or chased after other men's wives the boys would put switches on the front porch to let him know a beating was coming if he didn't change.

Oh man I love that idea. Problem is these guys like my neighbor do not even know what a switch is. Maybe he would get a horse head in his bed but I like horses more than I like him so that would be unfair. Seems that he just has that entitled attitude until he runs into someone he cannot push around.
So many kids do now. Switches on the porch would be the way to handle it. Problem for me is with my neighbors it would just be one switch. EVERYONE would know who put it there.

My Mom and Dad (rest their souls) were not real physical, but Mom did use the switch on occasion, and my Dad did hit me in the shoulder pretty hard a few times.....

Found out years later from my Bro that Dad knocked him out once............It had something to do with bro using the f word to my Mom...

YAY DAD!:s0069:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads