JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a friend who has been beaten by her loser boyfriend several times. The cops have come and hauled him away a good percentage of those times. Still, the woman won't press charges for many stupid reasons. The douche bag boyfriend is a small guy, wouldn't ever try anything like this with a man and deserves a really good beat down. I won't do it because of the same concerns as the OP, but if I was nearby when it happened and had a witness, that story would change.
My friend and her loser boyfriend have alcohol issues. I would be surprised if this wasn't the case in the OP's story.
40cal, your options are few and it sucks.

They are just fortunate that the law is what it is. I will not cross that line because I care about my family too much. That does not change that I do believe people like this deserve guys like us to do what our guts tell us to. There is a reason we have the desire to "teach them a lesson". It is in some of our blood. I believe it should be. I also believe it is lacking in too many people which is why the law protects scum bags like you mention and I mention.
They get to be safe and get wasted, beat on women. So long as that woman believes "he will change". Nothing will change. I can do nothing to stop that. I also can do nothing to stop myself from thinking it is BS that a guy like that walks free and in prison he would be sold daily for 2 smokes. "tough guys" my a$#.
One day he will cross that fine legal line and get put in with real tough guys. That day I will go visit him if I somehow find out. Smile and ask how he likes being the tough guy now.

Guys like this never change.
He needs to go away, for good.

And that sums up my feeling in a very short and sweet way. He will get his. All idiots do at some point. Just will not get it and cost me my ability to care for my family. Back in the old days the guy would be dragged out and beaten...Now I have to watch a cop that acts like he "feels" for this guy. Yeah they are sure helping out...

I wouldn't give a carp about him or her. She has options, and if you provide her information, it's all you can do.

What I would do, is concentrate my efforts on the kid.

Child P Services can do only so much until it's ALMOST too late to stop the repeat pattern.

But it can be done.

How old is the kid?

Old enough that he/she can understand you/CP Services/the situation???

I would be willing to bet the child has been abused too......

Physically/mentally, or both.

I have no doubt. Kid is about 4 years old. Allowed to play outside on his own...That is not cool here. We do not live in the country and they may be able to step in with consistent calls. The people have not lived there long and the owner of the home does not do BG checks it would seem.
I called them again and asked if they would please come at night...when I know there is a lot of substance abuse going on. My hope is that they will come one of these times and they kid will speak up or there will be enough evidence of neglect with drug paraphernalia or a bruised 4 year old to get him the hell out.

They told me that they would need to see such evidence and not just hear that I have. They claim they will come late in the evening this time to check on the child's welfare. That is truly all I feel I can do for the kid. I already printed a few packets on women shelters and how to get out from under an abusive person.

There is nothing more it seems I can do. I know what I would like to do but in our world now I have a responsibility to my kids more so than I do that child. I hate to say that but it is true for me. My kids and wife are the most important thing I can take care of. Moving to Lake OS at least the folks are old in the neighborhood I bought a house. Lawns are all mowed and I am surrounded by people who do not even want outsiders near the lake. I used to hate them as they told me I could not fish there a few times. Now I am happy to have people around me that have the balls to say "you do not belong here".

It is so close to me I assumed same county. It is Clackamas rather than Washington. Hopefully just having a large yard and good neighbors from what I have encountered will keep the drama away as much as possible...My current place is right of Scholls ferry near Wash square mall. Right in the heart of the idiots. I will like having people that have had their homes for 50 years around me. House needs work as it is old but that is why I can afford it with a large yard and do it myself slowly. 1 owner since 1956 tells me people hang around there.

Unfortunately, the owners are going to be dying off, and then the Mexicans will move in, with 5 families, and park their cars on that nicely mowed lawn, and BBQ Carne' Asada every nite, and the music, ah yes, the music............:s0105:.............:s0091:

GOD, I hope I'm just kidding.

Keep that little kid in mind.:(:):D

I commend you for your concern....:s0069:...I understand the frustration.:rolleyes:.....:s0090:.

But, "All you can do is all you can do."

Who said that??:s0092:

Unfortunately, the owners are going to be dying off, and then the Mexicans will move in, with 5 families, and park their cars on that nicely mowed lawn, and BBQ Carne' Asada every nite, and the music, ah yes, the music............:s0105:.............:s0091:

I commend you for your concern....:s0069:...I understand the frustration.:rolleyes:.....:s0090:.

This is what has happened to me. its either homies thumping their Crap up and down the street, or its the fresh from the border Mexicans making it seem like the circus is in town.

Honestly when i lived around a bunch of Hispanic folks in Vancouver they did not disturb me. They did have parties but as long as I was polite they returned it. I would prefer that over the trash i live around now. Hopefully I will see none of the above as I would like to think families will move in that want to keep the place as it is...maybe false hope but "all I can do is all I can do". For now the kids will live in a better place.

This is what has happened to me. its either homies thumping their Crap up and down the street, or its the fresh from the border Mexicans making it seem like the circus is in town.

YA, we were having other "Mexican related" problems down here.:mad::mad::(:(
I did something about it.:cool:
It's better now.:D

I REFUSE to put up with certain "bad" things.........IF I CAN do something about them.:D:cool:

But then again, I HATE loud motorcycles...........................:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:(:D:D

YA, I usually distance myself from the crying childo_O:D

Pretty easy when you live in a van by the river. I know what you mean about the motorcycles. Had some kids that thought dirt bikes down a main drag was the way to race. The no longer do that. Some guy parked his car across the road to stop and have a chat with them. I guess that guy has learned not to trust the cops to follow through.

I am currently going through the hiring process to become a LEO, because I have had many of these same experiences. I am aware the law will still be restrictive on how I can intervene but hopefully being an officer it will help my cuase and I will do everything I can legally.

Consider this 40Cal.....Just your presence on their door step banging on the door and yelling, and/or comments made to the scum bag as he's being led off in cuffs, could be grounds for him getting a "No Contact" order. I'm thinking in these days you don't even want to go there!

One of my worthless stories... years ago as we traveled with work building roads I lived in a travel trailer during the summer. Stay in trailer courts most times and usually several guys on the crew in one court. Came home one day and my wife said all the women were afraid of theses for or five Mexicans that hung around the laundry room and got way too close to the women.

I lived closest to the trailer full of Mexicans and when the weekend came along I thought I would give them a good visual as to why they need to leave our women alone. I set up a table and chair in the yard when I seen them hanging around. I politely with great care not to point it at them brought out my 12 Gauge pump and commenced cleaning it on the table. Took my time and looked at them every now and then till I got it cleaned and back together. Pumped it real fast to show how it works then loaded it and put it back in the house.

Women said they were not bothered any more.

Today I couldn't do that as someone would say you are threatening them with a gun. Fact is I made no threats but showed them the bank vault was guarded.

Sometimes the best way to confront people is to be subtle and non threatening but firm in the visual.:D My mom taught me that by hanging a willow switch in the house.:D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top