JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
-Quoted post moved to political-

A mistake responding I'm sure, I'm new!

My example is the approval of the new Multnomah County District Attorney's policy of "Presumptive Dismissal" of the following:

From the DA's office policy statement:
"1. Presumption of dismissal/declination:We will presumptively decline to charge cases where the most serious offenses are city ordinance violations and crimes that do not involve deliberate property damage, theft, or the use or threat of force against another person.
Crimes in this category include:
● Interference with a police officer, ORS 162.247
● Disorderly conduct, ORS 166.025
● Criminal trespass, ORS 164.245 and 164.255
● Escape III, ORS 162.145
● Harassment, when classified as a Class B misdemeanor, ORS 166.065
● Riot, ORS 166.015 – Unless accompanied by a charge outside of this list"

"ORS 166.015 Riot
A person commits the crime of riot if while participating with five or more other persons the person engages in tumultuous and violent conduct and thereby intentionally or recklessly creates a grave risk of causing public alarm."

For just one example of the double speak of his policy, re, automatically dropping Riot charges unless they "involve deliberate... use or threat of force against another person":

A cop gets hit with a rock thrown from by someone in a crowd of people. The cops move in and arrest them. The charge? Riot. Why? Besides the fact they are, in the real world, rioting, it's also because they don't know who exactly threw the rock that cracked the cop's head. The guys rioting know this; it's a well known tactic used, covering the people actually assaulting with people "just protesting."

Yet the new DA will not pursue Riot charges. Because no one was actually arrested for the assault on the injured cop.

Net effect: mob of people being violent (inherent in the Riot charge), cop injured (self evident use of force against another person), no prosecution. Rioters, violent people, are let go to... riot again. And they do. (See: Portland on YouTube, Twitch, Twitter, Facebook, on and on... at least until the rioters got smart and started beating up people who filmed them doing it. Now you'll just have to go watch in person...)

The Democratic establishment, the politicians, in Portland support this.

So yes, they do support violence. They can double talk, dissemble and prevaricate all they want - anyone with eyes, ears and a brain can see through it.

Talk is cheap. People lie. Actions speak. And their actions say they do support the violence.

Last edited by a moderator:
-Quoted post moved to political-

Seriously, are you a spokesman for a Radical Left-WIng organization or something? It appears you are very active in whatever radical left-wing ideology or organization who needs to champion the cause and promote the so-called innocence of the left.

I was following Twitter and the Rose City Antifa page during the riots when they were scheduling their "meetings". Of course, nobody will spell out what activities they had planned. Many facebook and twitter accounts had Antifa and other radical left wing people live streaming, video taping , glorifying all the illegal acts of terrorism, including rioting, looting, attacking police , attacking federal, state and city property , destroying monuments. None of these people had their accounts suspended. That is BS..

For you to condemn Parler and label them as staging area or pulpit for terrorism because of what some right-wingers did on their forum , yet to overlook the atrocities , illegal actions, support for terrorism that the left-wingers have done and that Twitter, Facebook and other social media have gleefully allowed is pretty preposterous and shows me you certainly have an agenda.

As @Free_Patriot said, it may not surprise me if you are being paid to be here and monitor what we are writing. I don't doubt any more there are government agents monitoring these forums. Nothing that you write on the internet is private and we know it and much of it I am certain gets streamed into government databases without our consent. Big Data and data mining technology makes this , unfortunately too easy for Big Brother to do. But, the fact is we still have a place to share with each other and have a voice. Once they censor what we can say and these tech companies decide who gets to use the internet and who doesn't we know longer are citizens of the modern world. Imagine if the phone companies in the 1950s cut off phone service to anyone they thought was against the good will of the country and forced them to use postal mail to communicate. We are no longer citizens of the modern world and having our civil rights stripped from us through the technocracy.

What rights are being stripped? Our 1st Amendment rights to start with... These people have such a monopoly over our sources of communication. Even our phone communication now is being transmitted through internet.

For you to call this conspiracy theory is ludicrous and humorous. I mean Parler was shut down by force and kicked off of Amazon's servers, which literally compose almost 40% of the entire server infrastructure of the world wide web. That is not a small amount. They were told unlike Twitter who had no problem supporting the terrorism in the so-called defense of oppression against black people in America, that right wingers committing one wrong act means right wingers lose their social media platform. Twitter is complete radical left wing propaganda controlled from its moderation board and company executives. Notice how the Ayatollah Iran who has women stoned to death and gay people hung in mid day, who openly talks about murdering and killing people, crushes any protests in his country with bullets and executions has a free and open platform on Twitter. However, Trump, however wrong he could be, gets banned and silenced from Twitter. But, it isn't just Trump, they are shutting down the accounts of many right-wing accounts. Candace Owens was banned from Twitter among others. Many right-wing accounts are banned. However, you can have left-wingers like Louis Farrakhan who talk about needing a genocide to kill all white people and Jews and they are well respected on Twitter.. Never have their accounts been shut down, despite it being well documented and known the racist and hate filled things they said..

You have a double-standard, turn a blind eye to injustice and seriously probably rather the entire conservative minded people of htis country to be crusehd by any means possible by the ignorant , most likely malicious short-sighted statements you have made.

BTW...

The Honorable Louis Farrakhan's Official Twitter Page (Guy who said He Loved Hitler killing all the Jews and wants all white people to be exterminated)

The Ayatollah of Iran

Rose City Antifa (Who Organized Attacks on Police, Government Buildings, Looting and Robbing of Businesses)

President Trump.. Oh my, what a threat, lets ban him and ban many respected Republicans, because they are a threat to us all, right??

Let me tell you something.. What these companies are doing is downright Fascism, Oppression and trying to censor and silence us.. This is the beginning of what I Consider to be the greatest disaster and conflict since the Civil War. I hate to say American people cannot see when the devil just slaps us right in the face. But that is exactly what has happened. You can laugh it off if you want, but one thing I know about power hungry people with lots of money, government support and who want to silence the opposition is that they tend to only try to expand their influence and increase their power and they will not be satisfied until we are either crushed or we rise up against what I consider the greatest threat since the rise of the Nazi Empire in Europe and Japanese Empire in Asia.

To me what I think we are looking at is our very own Pearl Harbor.. One day these monsters will come and destroy something precious to us all and it will hurt us dearly. We were complacent for too long, thinking nothing could possibly happen to us and that no outside force would dare try to declare war on us.

But these left-wing radicals and their technocrat overlords have awaken a sleeping giant. The question is will the giant sleep for too long before he knows people are trying to kill him. WWII could have went the other way as well.. I foresee this monster not being satisfied until their goals are achieved of complete containment of their opposition, which is the Patriots, conservatives and those who support the Constitution and Bill of Rights. That is what the left-wingers fight against, when they sat and cheered burning our flags on TV, attacking our cities, burning our buildings, robbing and looting our stores, destroying our monuments, as they hate everything about this country and want this to be a Soviet police state. The Oligarchs will gladly use these foolish people to achieve their goals as once these Bolsheviks and Fascists destroy the foundations of this country, it will be much easier for the Hitlers and Stalins to take control of us all and turn us into helpless submissive subjects.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Soli Great points!!
Did anyone remember when this Summer when the Left-wingers supported groups of radical terrorists to take over entire neighborhoods of cities at gun point? Many people were killed, stores were robbed ,looted and chaos ensued.. Then, many leftist politicians came to the aid of these terrorists , some using our own tax money to pay for their legal fees to make sure they faced no legal prosecution for committing what would have been acts of treason in any other era of this country besides the last 60 years.

Amazing how these people will call right-wingers staging a single riot that lasted a few hours as an act of terrorism that results in lost of all our freedoms, removal of all conservative social media, but armed terrorists can at gun point, takeover neighborhoods, rob , loot, pillage , murder cops and somehow they are heroes, fighting injustice. This whole thing has been staged or at least it was welcomed..

Has anyone found the people who burned down the Minneapolis Police station yet? Anyone going to be taken into justice? How come that act of treason was not punished. I think the entire Minneapolis City Council should be in solitary confinement await a federal trial for that one. But, nope, they are still getting paid with their citizens tax money and they are even paying for their security now that their defunded police department has resulted in astronomical crime levels in the city never seen before.

Guys when you let trolls like this get you fired up you are just feeding them. They want attention.
:s0097:
Best way to get rid of them is ignore them and they lose interest and go somewhere else.
Yeah, when someone claims they are a conservative, then covers all of the leftist talking points, it's pretty obvious what's going on. Best to just place on ignore and move on.

4Freedom, can you please provide credible examples of these wide claims you are making against the left. I can personally recall several liberal politicians supporting the right to protest, but speaking out against the riots and the destruction of property. I cannot recall any politician supporting violence. So if you could provide proof of liberal politicians supporting the violence, please do. Twitter removes any account that promotes violence, ANTIFA, Proud Boyz, Neo Nazis, etc. That is based on their terms of service.
I also looked up the history of Parler. It was created due to the complaints from mostly right wing politicians being unhappy with Twitter and Facebook. And while Parler claims to be about free speech, their terms of service allow them to remove any post if they deem it warranted. Do you think they are allowing left view points to stay on their site? Actually no they aren't. A Forbes interview with the founder states where he is banning Leftist Trolls. Hmmm so free speech only applies to the right? It doesn't apply to the left? Doesn't sound like free speech to me.
You keep claiming your freedoms will be taken away. What freedoms are you talking about? I've been politically active now for the last four years. I've watched very closely how Trump has moved the right towards an extreme viewpoint and has forgotten all about moderation. I do see the left pushing their progressive agendas. What I don't see though are freedoms being taken away. Posting on Facebook is not a right. Tweeting is not a right. What freedom have you lost? Have you ever noticed how much the right plays on your fears? Why does the right media focus so much on fear? They are always saying something is going to be taken away. Didn't we just have eight years of Obama? Lose anything then? I am being very honest here. I would love to hear an actual, plausible freedom that we are suddenly going to lose.
I don't like everything I hear from the left. There are several things that I think they go too far on. Unfortunately for me, I've seen this massive corruption of the right, for which I was firmly in for almost fifty years. Now I'm a registered Independent. The constant stream of unfounded conspiracies and outright lies that the top of the GOP has been pushing for the last four years have ended my trust in them. I want truth. I want facts.

Somewhere along the way, we as Americans became selfish. We are so selfish that we don't want to hear things we don't like. We'd rather listen to things we want to believe, whether or not they are true, and accept them.
You show me proof that someone is trying to take away my freedom, then I will gladly stand next to you to defend it. But yell conspiracy theories at me and try to get me to hate someone out of fear....keep walking.
Maxine Waters - Make them uncomfortable. Get in their faces. Go where they eat.

Nancy Pelosi - They do what they do. (Antifa, BLM)

AOC - Wants to re-educate citizens with different opinions than her.

There are dozen of local videos from Portland alone. From Bible burning to assault to murder. There is a Portland judge admitting he wants to do away with guns while he is at the bench.

Suzanne Binamici told me, there are no gun control problems in Oregon. She checked with experts.

My question to you is outside of your dislike for the person and your opinions. What has Trump done against the constitution and how has he attacked any of your rights?

Maxine Waters - Make them uncomfortable. Get in their faces. Go where they eat.

Nancy Pelosi - They do what they do. (Antifa, BLM)

AOC - Wants to re-educate citizens with different opinions than her.

There are dozen of local videos from Portland alone. From Bible burning to assault to murder. There is a Portland judge admitting he wants to do away with guns while he is at the bench.

Suzanne Binamici told me, there are no gun control problems in Oregon. She checked with experts.

My question to you is outside of your dislike for the person and your opinions. What has Trump done against the constitution and how has he attacked any of your rights?
When you try to use facts with people like this it's pissing in the wind. They do know, they just do not care. Many live by the old "the end justifies the means" credo. Those in power who want total control lie to the poor and tell them they are going to take care of them when what they want is total control and HUGE wealth. The poor who fall for them believe there really is a utopia where all will be equal and are fine with violence to get it. Kind of sad to watch it all play out but trying to point out facts to the "true believers" will NEVER reach them. It kind of becomes a religion to them, they take it on faith that the people making slaves of them really are great people and they will never hear truth. :s0092:
Promise take care of them and a hell of a lot of people will be fine with no rights sadly. :(

Just something to consider here :

I have no doubt that certain forums , blogs , sites , channels etc...are being banned.
With that said...

While I am not sure of all firearm forums , I do know that NWFA has forum rules.
Rules which were needed to be agreed to be followed , if one wanted to be a forum member.

When forum members repeatedly break forum rules or otherwise make it difficult for other forum members to enjoy the site....
It can lead to the same results , as having the forum banned / over-regulated into non existence.

My point being ....there is more than one way to silence someone , and sometimes , that means of silence comes from within the site itself.
What you post needs to be in line with forum rules and guidelines...
Also remember that what you post , may be twisted to a different meaning or , made to be used to serve a different agenda.

So please...feel free to refute a post or statement , but do so , within the forum rules.

Also...Do not take any of the above as "victim blaming"...that is not the intent or meaning of post here.
Andy

but speaking out against the riots and the destruction of property. I cannot recall any politician supporting violence. So if you could provide proof of liberal politicians supporting the violence, please do.
8F84D008-81CF-4E72-B4CB-1FCC9B6EF89D.jpeg

There are videos everywhere with these words being spoken in them.

Violence is violence, against person OR property.

Just something to consider here :

I have no doubt that certain forums , blogs , sites , channels etc...are being banned.
With that said...

While I am not sure of all firearm forums , I do know that NWFA has forum rules.
Rules which were needed to be agreed to be followed , if one wanted to be a forum member.

When forum members repeatedly break forum rules or otherwise make it difficult for other forum members to enjoy the site....
It can lead to the same results , as having the forum banned / over-regulated into non existence.

My point being ....there is more than one way to silence someone , and sometimes , that means of silence comes from within the site itself.
What you post needs to be in line with forum rules and guidelines...
Also remember that what you post , may be twisted to a different meaning or , made to be used to serve a different agenda.

So please...feel free to refute a post or statement , but do so , within the forum rules.

Also...Do not take any of the above as "victim blaming"...that is not the intent or meaning of post here.
Andy
I think the contention (and confrontations) we see fomenting is from the current realizations that fellow US citizens are now so blinded by tribalism and stratification that they are now being co-opted as cheerleaders for censorship - and have been turned on their countrymen with a focused intention that they are blind to see.

Many of us are just floored and flabbergasted to see such destabilization and demoralization tactics in force here - on a 2A affirming site.

"All Amendments Matter!"

Last Edited:
I think the contention (and confrontations) we see fomenting is from the current realizations that fellow US citizens are now so blinded by tribalism and stratification that they are now being co-opted as cheerleaders for censorship - and have been turned on their countrymen with a focused intention that they are blind to see.

Many of us are just floored and flabbergasted to see such destabilization and demoralization tactics in force here - on a 2A affirming site.

Maybe so....

However the intent / point of my post , which was quoted was :

Forum rules are in place ....which were agreed to be followed , in order to be a member this site.

When some forum members repeatedly break forum rules , which they agreed to follow...
those actions , also may effectively act as a ban in regards to forum usage.
Because those actions drive away members , curtail usage of the forum and may make for more moderation of the site.

Andy

Maybe so....

However the intent / point of my post , which was quoted was :

Forum rules are in place ....which were agreed to be followed , in order to be a member this site.

When some forum members repeatedly break forum rules , which they agreed to follow...
those actions , also may effectively act as a ban in regards to forum usage.
Because those actions drive away members , curtail usage of the forum and may make for more moderation of the site.

Andy
Not that I disagree, I don't. But when your house is on fire sometimes you jump out a window rather than head for a door.

Our house is on fire. Not a lot of time for rhetoric...

Sort of reminds me of playing the violins while the Titanic was filling with water. At this point, I don't think 'chasing members off' is a real concern. Anyone reading these particular threads probably has a pretty good handle on the state of the nation right now and is coming here for some additional insight. Flaming trolls helps others get it, since some really can't discern the difference between the tactical trolls and sincere inquiries.

I realize you're already extending some latitude...

Last Edited:
Not that I disagree, I don't. But when your house is on fire sometimes you jump out a window rather than head for a door.

Our house is on fire. Not a lot of time for rhetoric...

Sort of reminds me of playing the violins while the Titanic was filling with water. At this point, I don't think 'chasing members off' is a real concern. Anyone reading these particular threads probably has a pretty good handle on the state of the nation right now and is coming here for some additional insight. Flaming trolls helps others get it, since some really can't discern the difference between the tactical trolls and sincere inquiries.

I realize you're already extending some latitude...

Rhetoric :
Noun
The art of effective or persuasive speaking or writing....so thank you.

That said....I was not using hyperbole.
Which may be more inline with what you meant...not sure.

And the chasing off of members is a real , valid concern...because without active member and positive postings...as in posts and threads that follow forum rules....we will not have a forum here any longer.
Andy

Since everyone is saying they are private businesses and can do what they want, that will be fantastic news for the hundreds of thousands of small businesses that are currently shut down.

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads