JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
It is our right as American citizens to say whatever we want to say in a public area. In a private area, wwe do not have that right; we can express ourselves only as as long as the owners allow us to.
There is precedent WRT the public square, and we are affording the big media players substantial advantages in terms of legal immunities. The law should be made more clear as to what a re-publisher has to do to avail themselves of these protections.

If you've watched the commentary on pro-American news outlets, you'll find that investigations are being done to see if big tech colluded with and acted under the direction of POLITICIANS to censor conservatives and their points of view.

If that is indeed the case, which it obviously is, then it no longer falls under the guise of 'a private company can do as it pleases', it is indeed government oppression in violation of the 1st Amendment, as say the legal experts who've been consulted in said news interviews.

In my view what Twitter, Facebook, and Amazon and the like, has done in suppressing information leading up to the election, is treason and an attack against freedom and the Republic. To allow Trump to have a voice for his entire presidency, sans a few isolated incidents (which were wrong to censor), and then shut he and others down at the peak of critical mass, is no less that planned deception.

There's a lot of argument that these social media sites are today's 'public square', regardless of their private ownership. This oligarchical behavior simply can't stand. In California it was ruled years ago that shopping centers, despite their private ownership, were the new public square, and that allowed for signatures to be collected by a variety of groups for whatever their cause may be. We spent weeks outside of Costco collecting signatures for a recall election, and that proved quite effective.

I can see a day where online social sites may at some point be ruled the same, within practical limitations, whatever those may be. Not saying I'm endorsing it, only that it may happen.

There are calls for Rico anti-trust investigations but sadly we know the left that's coming into full power will never enact anything that diminishes the prime tool of their trade.

Private enterprise.
They can do what they want...to a point.

Bottom line is always the money.
If I do this, will it increase or decrease my cashflow ?
My advertisers, what will they do ?
Etc., etc.

How do you find a solution that works for everybody? I have no idea.

There is no "one" solution that is equitable and fair to everyone.
That follows the rest of life. Whether its right, left, middle of the road, purple, yellow, blue, black, transgender, misogynist, queer, male, female, goat humping, straight, or whatever.

"You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time"....

-Quoted post moved to political-
I don't watch any of those regularly nor most of them at all. I do know that the times I've seen Fox, it segregates news and opinion, but people who watch the other network news are probably not accustomed to seeing the difference.

Editorials have a place. They are not for distribution of fact.

As a touchstone, I find Newsy (Be Informed, Not Influenced) to be useful and not too large a waste of my time.

-Quoted post moved to political.-
Leftist talking points, much?

This entire post is BS. You pronounce yourself as the seeker and purveyor of TRUTH, and immediately begin posting more lies. TOTAL BS.

SCOTUS DIDN'T HEAR A WORD OF EVIDENCE. Nor did nearly every other, if not ALL of the courts. They dismissed cases for LACK OF STANDING. The PA courts are elected leftists, just as the Florida courts were in 2000 during Bush v. Gore, and were overruled by SCOTUS. The Wisconsin Supreme Court AFFIRMED that over 200k ballots were ILLEGAL and suggested a remedy to go back through the ballots to decide which could be counted and which not.

STOP WITH THE LIES AND GASLIGHTING.

Last Edited:
@Free_Patriot - dude. Those are facts, not associated with a political party. If you are labeling the truth as leftist, you are in a world of trouble with reality.

@Dinglenutz - I watch multiple outlets. BBC, Fox, CNN, MSNBC, etc. ... and then try to verify by reputable sites on the internet. And I agree that most media has some form of agenda with it. It is work to dig out the truth/facts of a story. I find that seeing opposing views opens up ideas I might not have considered. Sometimes, if I'm lucky, I might even be able to gain the perspective of someone else and get some real understanding.

To the topic at hand, I don't see freedom of speech going away. in fact I think it will be more heavily defended than ever. But there needs to be some massive clarification of what it is and isn't to the public at large.

Please expand the scope then. What was left out that would qualify those statements as lies?
I don't have time to exhaustively counter every half-truth. Also, not my job to teach people how to listen and think.
Here are a few:

• " Fact, his own AG said there was no proof of election fraud. " - False. His AG said that the AG had seen no evidence of election fraud. This is not a distinction without a difference. Also, a responsible news outlet would likely point out that absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
  • " Fact, the SCOTUS wouldn't even dignify the cases brought to them due to lack of evidence. " False. The cases were denied on procedural grounds.

So I read that amazon pulled parlor because they did not sensor people saying they were going to capture and rape Pelosi.

Pelosi?

excuse me a sec.... Rrrhhhaaaaaaallllllllllkkkkk

Ok, Pelosi?

Who is the victim supposed to be?

So I read that amazon pulled parlor because they did not sensor people
While I believe Amazon's statements on this are disingenuous at best, I also believe that (at least ideally) the remedy for this can be found in existing contract law. The social media giants are just as guilty of hosting content promoting violence, and they only censor one side of the isle on that front, and don't find themselves deplatformed. That's a pretty clear case for bias, in a fair world.

While I believe Amazon's statements on this are disingenuous at best, I also believe that (at least ideally) the remedy for this can be found in existing contract law. The social media giants are just as guilty of hosting content promoting violence, and they only censor one side of the isle on that front, and don't find themselves deplatformed. That's a pretty clear case for bias, in a fair world.

Yeah, Just look at Twitter upset that Uganda just banned Twitter for election interference.

Two competing Americas.

One side was established early on, used money that ALL paid into from taxes, government work, foundations and now this early adopter side that has become the near monopoly has taken this network and put their chokehold on it.

How does a separate (and free) America exist within this? Is it feasible to run your own network lines? No. You won't have the tax help or the government help that was there in the start.

Because of this, the internet is not free. It is restricted by those holding the servers you pay for, those maintaining the line to your home, to the cell tower. The illusion is complete. The 1st amendment has never been on the internet.

This is kind of what I was thinking. Not just the servers but the entire internet backbone which all traffic flows through is maintained by the isp gatekeepers, funded by the government.

Similar to cable (and cable internet by proxy). Notice how exactly 1 cable company is hard wired to every home. No "choice" there except the "choice" workaround is satellite.

Twitter continues to allow:
  • China to praise their policy of forcibly sterilizing women
  • VP Harris to fundraise for people who are literally imprisoned for literally rioting
  • Random people to make death threats against right-leaning people
  • Tweets promoting genocide of the jews in Israel
  • Many other things that are just as bad or worse than what Parler allowed.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads