JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I am sadden by the current trend and development, not about politics itself but by how Big Tech has done the one thing they should NEVER do: Choose a Side.

As a software engineer for over 20 years, I have always viewed computer technologies as a tool and service to all of humanity. It should be a benefit for all man kind, not a shackle that will enslave it. Unfortunately, as we learn from Star Wars, even The Force can be corrupted by the Dark Side (or releasing too many episodes....that's a rant for another day). These large tech companies had done that, using their power over technologies for their own benefit and suppressing the flow of information.

This is the beginning of the down fall of these silicon valley tech companies, by doing so, engineers like myself will start to withdraw from the industry and go do something else. They will find it more and more difficult to attract and grow talents. Already, tech companies should take note that Tesla has overtaken Facebook to become the 5th most valuable company .

For the first time in over 20 years, I am considering moving on and doing something else.

Well, now just the Marxists who have been elected have a voice. Pelosi plans on pressuring Pence to invoke the 25th amendment against Trump, or she'll initiate articles of impeachment against Trump yet again... But that's not enough, she's calling for the 14th amendment be invoked to remove members of Congress...

The masks are off, the camel is in the tent, we're headed to a major constitutional crisis, they're drunk with power...

This all is going to feed into an uprising that the marxists in power will not be able to put down.

Soap box = Failed
Ballot Box = Failed
Ammo Box = TBD

Mozilla which has FIREFOX has come out with more and/or new stuff regarding all of this STUFF.

They believe that there should be more rules and restrictions.

MORE deplatforming - their words not mine.

LOOK it up.

Do a search for mozilla and you will find many NEW stories about this subject matter if it interests you.

I tried to LINK the Mozilla BLOG and the other news links but it would not 'take' here on a copy/paste for me.

Cate

PS: I removed FIREFOX again not too long ago. I had problems with it on and off.

I try to use Duck Duck Go most of the time but not always.

Start Page or startpage links to Google too. I noticed that they CHANGED their front page just now but it always said that it had a LINK to Google in some way. Plus the search results got more and more limited from what I could tell - your mileage may vary!

Cate

Let's look at it from this point of view, All of these apps are essentially businesses that are owned by individuals or share holders or what have you.They have the right to refuse service to anyone without having to provide a reason. If you want free speech Grab yourself a soap box. Go down to the park. Stand on it and say any damn thing you want to.
God what a bunch of snowflakes! If you really want to do it there's nothing stopping you from riding your own app And starting your own company. Everybody wants instant everything and wants someone else to provide it.

I want to write something HERE but I am concerned that it may be taken wrong, misunderstood, too blunt, etc. when it comes to these things.

Even if I give examples, real news links and stories, etc.

So I will self censor myself.

I believe that some people including ME say/write some things and some people don't read or understand what some of us mean when it comes to our posts regarding these matters EVEN THOUGH we write it in a reply to another poster and/or in a nice manner with NO malice intended.

I DO BELIEVE that .GOV, private tech, private owners and/or their servers WILL CENSOR and will shut down MORE places including gun forums.

That ship has ALREADY SAILED! It is evident across the WWWeb.

Their house - their rules as the old saying goes.

I never belonged to PARLER. IT is shut down now according to the radio news.

I hated to see what happened to Parler but such is life.

I DETEST Fakebook, twatter/twitter, insta something, etc. I would not urinate on them if they were on FIRE as the OLD SAYING GOES. I never joined them.

I thought of joining GAB. They tried to ruin that owner/man with SLANDER but he came out ahead from what I have read and heard from some people. He is adding more servers from what the news says.

There are so MANY websites, forums and boards that have already been shut down in the LAST few weeks not just in the LAST YEAR or last 22 plus years. They cover many subject matters from a to z.

Some of them had videos on them too.

SOME other websites which I will not LIST here have already put up more rules and they have more censorship and that includes some financial ones. And the links and news stories with HONESTLY PUT UP real news when it comes to some of those famous people IN and OUT of politics and their financial connections gets GRIEF because it upsets some people. People who like grifters and THOSE grifters use their connections for financial gain and LOANS.

THEIR GRIEF reminds me of the saying in the one movie, A FEW GOOD MEN.

You can't handle the truth! (NOT meaning any person here or the OP.)

Meaning that the complainers really do want MORE censorship since it does not follow their agenda and final goal or they just can't handle the TRUTH!

It could mean that they want to be OH SO POLITICALLY CORRECT and they do not want to OFFEND any person too.

So there already IS and there will be MORE censorship and it will include gun forums in my not so humble opinion.

I believe that some gun forums or all gun forums could be shut down too.

NOTHING would shock me in this Crazy Land world!

This salami will get much, much worse. And the hard core RKBA believers/supporters yet PEACEFUL people like ME (And others!) who have strong beliefs will be TOLD to shut up or be shut down.

The libertarians and TRUE old fashioned conservatives have had this happen to them in the PAST and it will only get worse in the future.

Cate

Last Edited:
Let's look at it from this point of view, All of these apps are essentially businesses that are owned by individuals or share holders or what have you.They have the right to refuse service to anyone without having to provide a reason. If you want free speech Grab yourself a soap box. Go down to the park. Stand on it and say any damn thing you want to.
God what a bunch of snowflakes! If you really want to do it there's nothing stopping you from riding your own app And starting your own company. Everybody wants instant everything and wants someone else to provide it.

THIS is true. Thank you!

I am NO computer whiz.

I think that some people who want to start up their own forums/boards like some of us used in the past will NOW have to get their OWN SERVERS and some of them may have to go overseas for hosting or whatever they call those things.

Sorry if my computer lingo is wrong and I hope that I made myself clear.

I figure that if a person really wants FREE SPEECH on a forum - the best way to do this is to start their own board/forum or their own website from the ground up.

It may present a problem if the server or hosting platform or whatever those things are CALLED decided to limit them even though they PAID for everything else and then got stopped.

Like those people who put in outdoor seating for up to $100,000. and more to suit the .GOV demands for the 'flu' and after some owners put ALL OF THEIR MONEY INTO IT to suit the demands - CA and OTHER STATES/CITIES STILL SHUT THEM DOWN and the owners were/are RUINED and BROKE!

Take care.

Cate

Let's look at it from this point of view, All of these apps are essentially businesses that are owned by individuals or share holders or what have you.
You are correct.

On the other hand, the public enacted laws that allow these companies to pursue their business model, contingent on certain things, including that they act as neutral carriers "in good faith", which they seem to be violating now. They have a right to do so, but they don't have a right to the immunity that enables their business model.

Last Edited:
This is what happens when anybody other than the left is more concerned about following the law and looking good in the limelight.

The left takes no hostages while not caring about the rule of law, constitution, bill of rights, morality, and integrity.
They are going to funnel information through such a small gap that what comes out the other side will be myopic and extremely slanted.

All we will do is.....wring our hands and clutch our pearls, because we care more about being law abiding citizens.

Last Edited:
Starting your own website is not the solution. It's not a level playing field. Totally naïve. Go talk to Parler if you think that's true. Even their ATTORNEYS have abandoned them, not to mention their vendors and others.

They are looking for new servers but no one will agree to take them on. Big tech has castrated them.

Think you'll do any better? Please explain how. One of the owners of Parler is Dan Bongino, former NYPD and Secret Service LEO. Not too many people can afford to setup their own server farm before starting a website, and even if they did the left would find a way to kill it entirely.

This is not a fair playing field. My suggestion would be to swarm Twitter and similar HQ's this weekend as a sign of support for freedom, liberty, and the 1st Amendment. Anything short of that is condoning the theft of our Republic.

It's not a level playing field.
Hasn't been a level playing field ever since oh, the Civil War era :rolleyes: more recently, the whole uhm, Telecom act 1994ish that all but paved the way for media to be "entertainment" not "news" :rolleyes: let us not forget who exactly started the whole media empire thing... William R. Hearst, son of a Democratic Senator from California. Supposedly known for "yellow journalism" and for sensationalizing headlines and "human interest stories" :rolleyes:

AR15.com is down/booted from their registrar- who ever could've predicted it. Hope this site has some backup plans.

Wow.. DIdn't know AR15.org was shut down frmo their registar.. That is scary.. They effectively have been stripped of their rights right from the source of the domain.. Of course, websites don't need domains, they can use hard coded IP addresses that anybody could access, as Domains are used to route to specific servers on the web.. However, having to manually input domains for every part of the site could be boht tedious and make the site malfunction.. Really messed up.

Like I said... What we are witnessing is the beginning of the end of our freedoms as the private companies, privately strip us of our rights and freedoms.. And, for anyone who thinks that it is not a big deal and they can always go somewhere else, you are being very short-sighted. These massive tech giants are seeking to take control of our freedom and will buy our civil liberties and buy out our politicians and will rule over us as our technocrat overlords.

That is the scary future i See for our society. No need to win by voting or elections when you can literally just buy the competition and program people. SOme of us older people may still be old fashion and communicate face-to-face, or watch TV or the radio, but remember how many millions of Americans literally live on the internet, their smart phones and social media. THis is what is being fed to your kids, to your neighbors and to the world. If we are cut off from using the internet and expressing ourselves we are basically being removed from the largest source of social communication in the modern world. It will also serve as a radical tool of indoctrination and propaganda. Once these oligarchs have control of social media, private websites and can dictate how people can use the internet, we no longer have any civil liberties online. This will eventually expand outside the internet space into our private lives.

Imagine if the new facts coming from TRUE SOURCES/FACT CHECKS from the Technocrat overlords says all guns must be turned in and confiscated as people with AR-15s are all murderers. If you want to talk about stirring up a riot, cats

Remember, Twitter, Facebook, left-wing media, leftist politicians were probably jumping for joy at this Capitol Riot that hardly made an impact at all and was over in a few hours. Now, all the president's accounts have been banned, any social media that criticizes or works against the left-wing agenda is banned and blacklisted from the internet. However, when Antifa and leftist radicals were murdering cops, destroying and looting businesses, burning down our police stations and cities many of them utilized Twitter, Facebook and other social media sources to organize their events that were certainly inciting terrorism, riots and mayhem. Yet, these people were not only not banned, they were admired, treated like royalty and if you so much criticize Black Lives Matter or leftist causes you can be banned for doing that.

This is technocratic bureaucracy and fascist takeover of our society plain and simple. Don't think the internet will be private for much longer as these oligarchs take control of more and more of the private internet space. Building your own server infrastructure and server facilities and then having access to direct fiber lines is a serious expense. Another thing we have to figure out is the Fiber backbones themselves can be compromised by ISP companies who own them. I think the internet should be regulated this point just like any other utility and no private company can deny you internet service assuming you are not committing an illegal activity just as with electricity or water service.

Remember, Jeff Bezos owns the Washington Post and the media outlets receive a significant contribution from these leftist elitists who seem to praise, admire and say nothing wrong about them. The media outlets are becoming under full control of the same technology oligarchs. The internet was the one place where human beings could share their mind freely to people around the country and world and was an essential tool in us standing up for our rights and freedom. Now, that is being taken away from us.

TO be honest, at the rate things are going , I wouldn't doubt there would be no gun forums operating freely , especially utilizing American servers within the next few years. And then if many of these businesses like Parler, gun forums, right-wing groups or whatever goes against the ethics of the technocrat overlords tries to utilize resources overseas, don't think they won't do what China or Iran does and block IP addresses and force people to utilize VPNs and other technology just so they can browse the web freely.

It's all coming soon in my view :(

Surprisingly, I haven't heard anyone mentioning using off-shore servers.

Pretty much ALL of the banned internet content in China is hosted by off-shore servers. People just use VPNs to access it.

I don't think we'd need VPNs, but you never know, your Xfinity service provider could determine what you are and are not allowed to view.

Oathkeepers has also been taken down; they're hosted by Go Daddy:

On a positive note, it seems some patriots are fighting back. An internet provider based out of Northern Idaho which also serves part of Spokane, is now blocking Twitter and Facebook, starting tomorrow. Just saw it on OANN. What's good for the goose is good for the gander... So if you use their service you will no longer have access to Facebook or Twitter. Go figure. May hurt a lot of groups and businesses.

Facebook attacked Oathkeepers earlier this year. Does anyone have access to their Facebook, Twitter, or any other account they may still have? I'm just wondering if they've posted any updates.

Status

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR