JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have seen people say Aervoe paint product is best. I haven't found it around here. Rust-oleum comes up next. What paint brands have worked best for those that have painted?

I have to say, if cost were not a factor, I would go with a professional ceracote. But because it is costly, I have gone the krylon route, and it works great. I have used the rock textured krylon/rustoleum on my glock, ar15, and a shotgun. They wear remarkably well, and are really easy to touch up. The main reason I paint is because the black gets way too hot when sitting in the desert sun. Also, as stated earlier, some paint thinner will take off the rattle can job if you want to sell it/repaint it down the road.

full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

Both rattle can and Cerakote have their place. I wouldn't pay to Cerakote a hard use/truck gun that I would be upset when it got scratched and I wouldn't rattle can a range toy.

997CC4CE-704F-44D2-93B4-595A652BF4B2.jpeg I had the guys at Northwest arsenal in Springfield do my Michigan loving wife and it turned out great. Cerekoted the receivers, barrel and stock. Every thing else is Timbercreek. $280 for the coating, including the small parts.

That's true they are tools, tools to help my wife have fun and enjoy the shooting sport. If it makes her happy and have fun, then GREAT!
It also gave me an excuse to build another rifle! One for her, one for me. Sharing!
I was just commenting on the whole painting thing not your wife's shooter. Dont see a lot of collage camo :D Best keep that puppy out of kids reach:D:D.

hey guys wondering have any of you done some custom paint jobs on your AR-15's and magazines? What kind of paint? Where do you get your patterns or do you make them yourself? Would it be more worth it to find someone who does cerakote?
The PROBLEM is you only get one custom painted MAG .
UNLESS YOU CAN LAY THEM ALL OUT AND PAINT THEM AT THE SAME TIME.

But it's not hard to do UNLESS.
you are using certain paint.
If you are useing spray paint.
And doing different colors.
Like TAN.or FDE .GREEN AND BLACK.
START WITH LIGHT COLORS FIRST THEN NEXT THEN NEXT. THEN BLACK OR THE DARKEST COLOR LAST

Not necessarily, both the ones I'm considering start with black.
And like I said depends on what kind of paint you use .
Ok you want to use DURA COAT FIREARMS PAINT.
this can be used in any order .
Well all paint can be used in any order.
But the dura coat takes a long time to dry and set .
I have used it a few times.
Lol follow what they say to do . I'm out lol .
But I will say this clean your paint gun or airbrush .as soon as you are done .
Lol I learned this the hard way .two airbrush later .
You can't let it sit for a little bit .
Paint then clean .
Dura coat will ruin your paint gun .

And like I said depends on what kind of paint you use .
Ok you want to use DURA COAT FIREARMS PAINT.
this can be used in any order .
Well all paint can be used in any order.
But the dura coat takes a long time to dry and set .
I have used it a few times.
Lol follow what they say to do . I'm out lol .
But I will say this clean your paint gun or airbrush .as soon as you are done .
Lol I learned this the hard way .two airbrush later .
You can't let it sit for a little bit .
Paint then clean .
Dura coat will ruin your paint gun .

To tell the truth I'm just going to use a rattle can with the stencils.

I did two guns with dura coat .
I bought those cheap 15 dollar airbrush on eBay and used them .
I cleaned them and used them till they didn't work anymore then just throw them out.

But I have done a few shot guns with spray paint .
Hell you can buy ten cans of paint for the price of one little bottle of dura coat

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top